Rock Blog Wednesday 10/24/07

edited October 2007 in Announcements
Hey all. Sorry for the radio silence it has been a weird wild week. I'm sure, as there has been a lot of discussion, that many of you have seen that the truck tour is currently in our own backyard of Cambridge on Thursday and Friday. I'm hoping to be there at least part of the day each day if you want to stop by.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center
120 Vassar Street (In front of the Fitness Center/Next to Student Center)
11:00AM – 6:00PM

On Friday we have our very own Bang Camaro playing at 1pm for half an hour (so as not to disrupt the brilliance at MIT) which will be awesome. Especially awesome since pretty much all of Harmonix is going to make the short hike down there and see them in lieu of eating lunch and... you know... working. Come and hang.

BLOGS!

Canfield further breaks down the character creator. (EDITORS NOTE- You can't actually put your band logo as is onto your clothes all willy nilly. Due to the seperate systems you'd have to make it over again in the store and then apply it. Which shouldn't be too hard or too much of a chore as the character creator RULEZ!)

Moss - brief but enlightening.

Later!

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    FREE SHOW! I am so down.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Sean quick question: What are the chances of another MD stop? That was my PM. Because last weekend I couldn't make it and was hoping for a second chance.
  • edited October 2007
    Xzyliac;89789 said:
    Sean quick question: What are the chances of another MD stop? That was my PM. Because last weekend I couldn't make it and was hoping for a second chance.
    I don't know as i literally have nothing to do with scheduling. I wouldn't say they are great chances before the release of the game.
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;89811 said:
    I don't know as i literally have nothing to do with scheduling. I wouldn't say they are great chances before the release of the game.
    *sigh* Oh well.

I think Moss is just trying to blog more than me. :p
  • Emo_ReaperEmo_Reaper Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Well,you can never get enough of new screens.

PS: Goodluck to you and the rest to winning the world series.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    I might go friday under certain circumstances.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Man...Boston's a happening place this week...
    edited October 2007
    TheTogfather;90035 said:
    Man...Boston's a happening place this week...
    Usually it's only like that 52 weeks a year. This is just one of those weeks I supose.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    on second thought I don't even dare to drive on boston's highways (on friday especially). The turnpike is going to be crazy that day.
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2007
    I fully endorse analyzing Moss's blog for hidden messages.

(For entertainment here in my tower of course...)
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    HMXJohnlok;90364 said:

interesting...........
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Cool blogs, I read them earlier, the character creation was a great read, and the path to enlightenment was interesting to say the least.

Sean do you think you will be making any east coast stops? or are you done touring?
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    WTF?! Free Bang Camaro show AND Rock Band?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I wish I lived in Boston now :*(
  • edited October 2007
    HMXJohnlok;90364 said:

I found it! That was really clever you guys. ;)
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2007
    Apples;90909 said:
    I found it! That was really clever you guys. ;)
    Whoa... really!?? Um, er... uhh, yes. Of course you did. Yes, good work.
  • edited October 2007
    HMXJohnlok;90961 said:
    Whoa... really!?? Um, er... uhh, yes. Of course you did. Yes, good work.
    Yes, it was quite a challenge to unravel. I first studied the word patterns to see if the coded message was based on a pattern. Taking the first letter of each word, I was able to deciper the following phrase:

"If cwn rb mut dctb (ie: m) foto it ttbm."

While at first this seemed insignificant, it would come in handy later.

Next, I copied the blog entry into a google search. The first result was a wikipedia entry, which conveniently had a link to an article on the Bulgarian hiphop scene. Here I almost came to another dead end.

Using the above coded phase, it was quite clear that the letter 'M' was significant, being in parenthesis. Searching the article for the letter M, I was directed to a reference to rap artist Avi MC.

From this I can quite obviously deduce that Avi MC is a bonus band set to premier in Rock Band next month. This is exciting news to see Bulgarian rap getting the credit it truly deserves. :cool: