Rock Blog Thursday 10/25/07

edited October 2007 in Announcements
So I went down to MIT for an hour or so today and got to meet the East Coast truck tour team. They rule. Seriously. They are also pretty good at the game and were schoolin' suckers left and right on Dani California. I like the truck, the back area is really fun to play the game in. Oh - and I got to meet fan favorite Fabio.

And you're right - that MF'er is cool. I want him to sign autographs for any one who wants them at the MIT stop tomorrow.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center - 120 Vassar St. Cambridge, MA

You know - the MIT stop. Where I will be most of the day, and where Bang Camaro will be playing from 1-1:30. In addition to anyone else who comes they will also be well attended by 120-130 Harmonix employees making the trek down from the offices to get into a fight, spit a lot, and generally just cause a scene. That's how we do.

I guess what I am saying is that you should come. By any means necessary. Because we'll be there. And Bang Camaro will be there. And Rock Band will be there. And Fabio. It is a cavalcade of awesomosity.

Holy crap - why didn't we call the truck tour the "Cavalcade of Awesomosity Tour '07"?

And I can't wait to see who comes out on top of Round 1 of Battle of the Bands. I don't know who my money is on yet. Who are you rooting for?

EDIT!

Last minute notes-

1: GO SOX!
2: Heading out to go see the Comedians of Comedy tour at the Roxy. Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Eugene Mirman, Maria Bamford. Amazing.

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    With such an awesome blog, there is 159.98% chance i make this stop tomorrow.
  • edited October 2007
    While you're on campus, you should visit the Department for Higher Studies in Awesomology (The study of all things awesome).

I'm sure you could provide some pointers to the aspiring students.
  • edited October 2007
    Don't post anything yet Apples....stay on 666 for a bit!!
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    I think i'm rooting for gamespot. I'm still undecided on whether or not i'm going tommorow. I have no college classes tommorow, but I think the highways will be insane tommorow, especially if I were to get there by 1. (even though I am a highway star)
  • edited October 2007
    masterx1918;91035 said:
    I think i'm rooting for gamespot. I'm still undecided on whether or not i'm going tommorow. I have no college classes tommorow, but I think the highways will be insane tommorow, especially if I were to get there by 1. (even though I am a highway star)
    Around 1 they aren't generally too bad. Not into Cambridge at any rate. Not a ton of parking around there that I could see, though. Maybe would have to park over by the Asgard and Star Market. Hope to see you!
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Apples;91024 said:
    While you're on campus, you should visit the Department for Higher Studies in Awesomology (The study of all things awesome).

I'm sure you could provide some pointers to the aspiring students.
    The big 666! Never post again!!!
  • Emo_ReaperEmo_Reaper Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Yea,I love Fabio,and the whole team. Did they tell you about us? We beat them(WE were Crimes of the Nation) haha. Good luck on the world series sean.
  • edited October 2007
    I am planning to be there tomorrow, and I'm quite stoked about it.

And if anyone would like to hook up, maybe we could feel each other out a bit (in a totally non-sexual way, of course :p ) and talk about forming a local band. Since online won't be possible for the WBT feature, I really want to find some interested people in the area so I'm not playing solo all the time.
  • edited October 2007
    FAAAABIOOO!!!!
    *Ahem*
  • MartyMcFlyMartyMcFly Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Hey Sean, any chance you or other Harmonix team guys will be around Boylston Plaza on Saturday? Maybe another special guest performance? I can't make it to MIT :(
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    I don't know if I can make it seeing as how it's all the way across the country...I guess I'll have to wait for the official "Cavalcade of Awesomosity Tour" (maybe '08?)

Sounds like it's gonna be a blast though...wish i could be there...
  • edited October 2007
    MartyMcFly;91194 said:
    Hey Sean, any chance you or other Harmonix team guys will be around Boylston Plaza on Saturday? Maybe another special guest performance? I can't make it to MIT :(
    There could be, but I imagine it would be incidental and up to individual Harmonix folk. People be needing the day off in a big way.
    edited October 2007
    MartyMcFly;91194 said:
    I'll be there. As for today, don't think i'll be making it.
  • MartyMcFlyMartyMcFly Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Eman311;91882 said:
    I'll be there. As for today, don't think i'll be making it.
    I hope Boylston Plaza is still on for today. Do they still do it in the rain? I would imagine so since they spent so much time in Seattle!
    edited October 2007
    MartyMcFly;93607 said:
    I hope Boylston Plaza is still on for today. Do they still do it in the rain? I would imagine so since they spent so much time in Seattle!
    Man idk, I would have to walk, so i'm not going. I can just hit up one of the best buy demo stations and have a good long time with it. Or not play at all and save that magical first time for later.