• leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    how am i supposed to take that?
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    Do u understand the Burninator reference
  • DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited July 2008
    If everyone started asking for custom titles, then our inbox woudl be full of custom title requests. I unfortunately dont see this request being fulfilled.
    edited July 2008
    after the 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 hours ive spent playing guitar hero 2 and half of it being trogdor i think i would know what its from
  • edited July 2008
    The bad deal is if we accomodated custom titles or titles for over X thousands of posts, it would encourage people to misbehave (spam) in the name of getting a fancy forum title.

I mean, HMX Sean doesn't even get a fancy name, and he could legitimately lay claim to the title "Pretty Pretty Fairy Princess of the Cupcake Realm"
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited July 2008
    Apples;829457 said:
    The bad deal is if we accomodated custom titles or titles for over X thousands of posts, it would encourage people to misbehave (spam) in the name of getting a fancy forum title.

I mean, HMX Sean doesn't even get a fancy name, and he could legitimately lay claim to the title "Pretty Pretty Fairy Princess of the Cupcake Realm"
    Or "Lord of the Dance" or "Love Machine" or "I lost a bet and had to do the 'bikini shirt' in front a camera man".
  • IslandBoy91IslandBoy91 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I think Stewie deserves a custom title...He was the first to turn over his odometer after all...
  • frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited July 2008
    Jixzer;829529 said:
    Or "Lord of the Dance" or "Love Machine" or "I lost a bet and had to do the 'bikini shirt' in front a camera man".
    ^LMAO!!

That video of Sean is going down in history.:D
  • Sgt PepperSgt Pepper Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I can't see the mods even considering it unless you can present hard evidence that you have, in fact, burninated the forums.
  • BhindBluEyes430BhindBluEyes430 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Apples;829457 said:
    "Pretty Pretty Fairy Princess of the Cupcake Realm"
    woulden't that be you apples? i thought thats what your Avatar was for?
  • edited July 2008
    HMXVeng got to choose his own title because he's a dev (the awesome dev who gets his hands dirty in the sometimes thankless Web Support forum). If you get a job at HMX you can pick absolutely whatever you'd like as your forum title. Fair?
    edited July 2008
    You could possibly allow users to select their title from a HMX-made list, "unlocking" more as said user's post count increases. That way, HMX would still be in control of user titles, but the people would have some amount of freedom. Just a suggestion, as I know other sites handle it that way.
  • edited July 2008
    Sgt Pepper;835614 said:
    You could possibly allow users to select their title from a HMX-made list, "unlocking" more as said user's post count increases. That way, HMX would still be in control of user titles, but the people would have some amount of freedom. Just a suggestion, as I know other sites handle it that way.
    I don't think we need any more reason for ppl to spam the forums with random useless posts.
    edited July 2008
    How would it be any different? As it is, there are already different titles for higher post counts.

If there was no "unlocking," then you could just have a handful available to start with. (These are just suggestions off the top of my head-- I don't honestly expect them to be implemented, but I think they bear mentioning.)
    edited July 2008
    HMXHenry;835412 said:
    HMXVeng got to choose his own title because he's a dev (the awesome dev who gets his hands dirty in the sometimes thankless Web Support forum). If you get a job at HMX you can pick absolutely whatever you'd like as your forum title. Fair?
    is there anything that a 15 year old kid can do at hmx?
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Most V Bulletin boards allow user to have their own custom user title that they type in at the CP. Why is it different here?
    leftover_crack;835808 said:
    is there anything that a 15 year old kid can do at hmx?
    Scrub the floors?
  • DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited July 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;835946 said:
    Most V Bulletin boards allow user to have their own custom user title that they type in at the CP. Why is it different here?
    More than likely because a lot of time would be spent removing some of the titles people made. Keep in mind, this is a Teen rated game, and as such, so are the forums.
  • HMXDungHeaverHMXDungHeaver Harmonix Developer
    edited July 2008
    HMXHenry;835412 said:
    If you get a job at HMX you can pick absolutely whatever you'd like as your forum title. Fair?
    Mmmmm, the possibilities.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    HMXDungHeaver;836447 said:
    Mmmmm, the possibilities.
    Get back to work, DungHeaver.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    Hmn? Dung was at work while he was posting... BAD BOY! I'm gonna have to spank you....
    edited July 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;835946 said:
    Scrub the floors?
    how much do i get paid?
  • edited July 2008
    HMXTheMax;836589 said:
    Get back to work, DungHeaver.
    Looks like someone's enjoying not being 'the new guy' at HMX anymore :D
  • Samuel346Samuel346 Headliner
    edited July 2008
    leftover_crack;837166 said:
    how much do i get paid?
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/samuel346/picard2.jpg

The fact that this has received so much mod/dev attention is kinda sad.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited July 2008
    Samuel346;837416 said:
    The fact that this has received so much mod/dev attention is kinda sad.
    it is kinda sad. haha
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    HMXHenry;835412 said:
    So does that mean that Dung Heaver can get one of these exquisite titles you speak of???

I SAY HE SHOULD MAKE HIS OWN!!!!

This calls for a PM!!!! haha
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited July 2008
    Stewie needs the title : the PRESERVER of Fine Cheeses
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited July 2008
    Shredder87;838436 said:
    So does that mean that Dung Heaver can get one of these exquisite titles you speak of???

I SAY HE SHOULD MAKE HIS OWN!!!!

This calls for a PM!!!! haha
    it could only be one thing

HMXDungHeaver
    Flinger of Poo
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited July 2008
    Zeleii;836846 said:
    Hmn? Dung was at work while he was posting... BAD BOY! I'm gonna have to spank you....
    Some of us make the majority of our posts while at work ;)
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    a21schizoidman;838499 said:
    it could only be one thing

HMXDungHeaver
    Flinger of Poo
    YES!!!!! I like it. It has a nice ring to it.