Alkaline Trio Anyone?

BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
edited October 2010 in Your Ultimate Setlist
After hearing a few songs recently, i think they could be a great addition for Rock Band!

Time to Waste
Bloodied Up
Mercy me

those are the three songs i've heard recently by them. and i love them.

wht do you guys want?

Comments

• kvzukykvzuky Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Alkaline trio would be an awesome addition to rock band.

But those tracks? Not so much.

Pretty much anything from their earlier albums or their B-sides compilation would be much much better.
  • ickes2255ickes2255 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    BS those 3 songs are most kick ass. time to waste is a must have also dethbead. continental. all on black. private eye. i would be excited for any song of theirs.
    edited July 2008
    I'd much rather have San Francisco, Trouble Breathing, My Standard Break From Life, Warbrain, Jaked On Green Beers, Hell Yes, Old School Reasons, Madam Me, Queen Of Pain, Snake Oil Tanker, etc.

Their earlier material is just stronger overall. Maybe a couple of newer tracks for the drumming.

Private Eye would be amazing though, I'll concede that much.
  • BallslingaBallslinga Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    continental, your neck, we've had enough

those would be sweet.

maybe anyhting else off crimson. as long as its nothing off their new ablum, which is garbage.
    edited July 2008
    Ballslinga;834347 said:
    continental, your neck, we've had enough

those would be sweet.

maybe anyhting else off crimson. as long as its nothing off their new ablum, which is garbage.
    Wait... you like Crimson but dislike the new album?

How the hell is that possible? The new album is just like Crimson but better.
    It's not up to par with their older stuff and I love both albums but Agony & Irony is better than Crimson. Not by much, but it's a step up.
  • greatuncleslamsgreatuncleslams Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    kvzuky;834261 said:
    I'd much rather have San Francisco, Trouble Breathing, My Standard Break From Life, Warbrain, Jaked On Green Beers, Hell Yes, Old School Reasons, Madam Me, Queen Of Pain, Snake Oil Tanker, etc.
    There's a reason a lot of these songs are B-sides... because they're not as good as the songs that made it onto albums. As a hardcore fan it's essential that you like the B-sides more because that translates to more cred I guess. But to put those in Rock Band above one of their more popular songs or something off the new album? That's a terrible idea.
    kvzuky;834358 said:
    Wait... you like Crimson but dislike the new album?

How the hell is that possible? The new album is just like Crimson but better.
    It's not up to par with their older stuff and I love both albums but Agony & Irony is better than Crimson. Not by much, but it's a step up.
    Because it's cool not to like the new album due to them selling out and whatnot. I honestly didn't want to like Agony & Irony after the stunt they're pulling with making a branded nike shoe, but it's better than Crimson, that's for sure.
    edited July 2008
    greatuncleslams;836140 said:
    There's a reason a lot of these songs are B-sides... because they're not as good as the songs that made it onto albums. As a hardcore fan it's essential that you like the B-sides more because that translates to more cred I guess. But to put those in Rock Band above one of their more popular songs or something off the new album? That's a terrible idea.
    I understand that they are far less popular, and I don't sincerely expect them to be in Rock Band; I know that if Alk3 makes it to RB its gonna be a single out of the newer album, and I'm ok with that, I love the trio.

But I completely disagree that the B-sides are weaker than the tracks they include in their albums. I think alkaline trio is one of those weird bands where their B-sides tend to be stronger than their albums. Nothing beats Goddamnit though, that album is just amazing.

If I wanted more cred I would just stop listening to their records and call them sellouts while listening to OWTH or D4 or something.
  • someotherguy02someotherguy02 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    i think that any of the songs mentioned above would b a great addition, but a 6 pack i would make is,1 calling all skeletons,2 trouble breathing,3 southern rock,4 goodbye forever,5 stupid kid,6 and all on black

i would b excited if just one song by them made it on but i dont think they r popular enough to get noticed
    edited July 2008
    someotherguy02;839039 said:
    i think that any of the songs mentioned above would b a great addition, but a 6 pack i would make is,1 calling all skeletons,2 trouble breathing,3 southern rock,4 goodbye forever,5 stupid kid,6 and all on black

i would b excited if just one song by them made it on but i dont think they r popular enough to get noticed
    Well, they are on a major label, thats pretty popular.

And Calling All Skeletons is probably the best new alk3 track. As a more realistic expectation I'd love it on RB.
  • Tim_KaineTim_Kaine Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I actually posted an "Alkaline Trio" request thread a few months back, but it never got any responses, and it was eventually forgotten beneath requests for "Disturbed," "Slipknot," "Korn," "Dragonforce," and, you know. Other crap like that.

My personal opinion, first off, is that I would die if Alkaline Trio were put in to Rock Band. Have been a big fan of Alkaline Trio since the very beginning, and I'm pretty rarely disappointed by their work. With rare exceptions, of course, for songs like "Cop" and their cover of the Misfits' "Halloween."

My second opinion is on the songs mentioned here. While I loved nearly everything off of "Crimson," we need to keep in mind how much fun the songs will be to play, not how good they are. "Time to Waste" is a great song, but if you listen to the song, this song would be all alt-strumming, which I hate. "Bloodied Up" is alright, not great. I could see it in Rock Band, but another thing we need to remember is that nearly all songs in Rock Band are singles. On rare occasions, Harmonix pulls songs from albums that have never been on the radio, but in general, only singles.

"Mercy Me," on the other hand, is a great song. Might be a little annoying to play on the guitar, but not as bad as "Time to Waste" would be, and all in all, it's a fantastic song. I'd love to see it in Rock Band.

"Dethbed," "Continental," "All on Black," and "Private Eye." "Dethbed," another excellent song, as well as "Continental" and "All on Black." Unfortunately, as already mentioned, none of these--I don't believe--were singles. "Private Eye," I'm not completely sure about, but I do believe it's a single, and the performance on all instruments sounds good and would likely be fun. My only concern is the repetition of the phrase "You won't have to quit doing f---ed up sh--..." I know they had run-ins with foul language in songs, like, for example, "Welcome Home" by Coheed, and "Day Late Dollar Short" by the Acro-Brats, but I don't think ever to this degree. If they could find a way around this, though, then I would be happy to see it in the game.

"I'd much rather have San Francisco, Trouble Breathing, My Standard Break From Life, Warbrain, Jaked On Green Beers, Hell Yes, Old School Reasons, Madam Me, Queen Of Pain, Snake Oil Tanker, etc."
    "San Francisco," another one, I don't believe to be a single, as well as... uh, well, just about every other song on your list. I would love to see "Trouble Breathing," "Queen of Pain," and "Snake Oil Tanker," and especially "Hell Yes" in the game, but who knows if they'd be able to pull those songs.

"Continental," already discussed, "Your Neck" is an other song that never got a single. "We've Had Enough," I don't know if that one is a single, actually, but that's a very good song, and it would be excellent for Rock Band.

"i think that any of the songs mentioned above would b a great addition, but a 6 pack i would make is,1 calling all skeletons,2 trouble breathing,3 southern rock,4 goodbye forever,5 stupid kid,6 and all on black"
    I like this, actually. "Calling All Skeletons" is both one of the best songs on the new album, AND a single, so I very much like this idea. "Trouble Breathing," perhaps I was wrong? Maybe it is a single? Whether it is or not, I'm all for it. "Southern Rock" would be an other great song, but an other one that I'm not sure was ever a single. However, once again, whether it is or not, I'm all for it. "Goodbye Forever" would likely be a big alt-strumming song, so I don't know that that's such a good idea. "Stupid Kid," same story. And again, I run into the confusion about if "All on Black" is a single. I don't believe it was, but if it was, then sweet. I'll take it.

Alkaline Trio's Wikipedia lists their singles, and there aren't many.
    * 2001: Stupid Kid Single
    * 2002: Private Eye
    * 2003: All On Black Single
    * 2003: We've Had Enough Single
    * 2005: Mercy Me Single
    * 2005: Time To Waste Single
    * 2006: Burn Single
    * 2008: Help Me Single

Turns out I was wrong about "All on Black" not being a single, but I'm way too lazy to scroll up and correct it, so screw it. If they could pull songs from the albums, that'd be amazing, but it's pretty unlikely. Either way, any Alkaline songs they put in Rock Band, I'd be grateful for. I do very much hope our plea is heard by the right people. PEACE OUT, YALL.
  • xxpigxxxxpigxx Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
  • ricorico Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    the new alk3 album is pretty cool. i think the first 2 tracks on that (dont know the titles sorry) and another innocent girl would be cool.
  • onelosthill815onelosthill815 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Eh, I don't know. The only song I really like by them is Time To Waste... and I would LOVE to have it in Rock Band.
    edited July 2008
    First two tracks are Calling All Skeletons, and Help Me, I believe. And Another Innocent Girl would be great.
  • ftmsanchezftmsanchez Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    No Radio, no purchase.

Just kidding, I'd love some Trio especially if it were Radio. These threads pop up fairly regularly and I say this every single time haha.

This Could Be Love, Radio, and 97 would be my ideal 3-pack, but as long as it had Radio I would be super effing happy.
    edited July 2008
    ftmsanchez;886765 said:
    No Radio, no purchase.

Just kidding, I'd love some Trio especially if it were Radio. These threads pop up fairly regularly and I say this every single time haha.

This Could Be Love, Radio, and 97 would be my ideal 3-pack, but as long as it had Radio I would be super effing happy.
    I'd like to see Radio too, but I'm afraid they might shy away at both the subject matter and the use of curses.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited July 2008
    lol i love it how this thread just decided to get posts. haha. i honestly forgot i posted this thread. haha. wow.

but yeah. Alkaline Trio would be great.
  • MrMoovsieMrMoovsie Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    YES. Anything off of From Here to Infirmary would be absolutely fantastic. Mr. Chainsaw, Private Eye, Armageddon.

Not really digging the new album, though (except for the first couple tracks).
    edited July 2008
    We need to try and keep this thread up top, otherwise it's never going to happen. And it still might not ever happen, but damn it, I'm not ready to give up hope.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited July 2008
    lol thats the spirit!
  • John-311John-311 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I'm going to see Alk3 tomorrow night (instead of going to Rock Band Night). I think Private Eye, Mercy Me, Help Me (to promote their new album). Maybe We've Had Enough.
  • FATA666FATA666 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Well I definitely never post anything on these forums and yes this is a pretty much dead thread by now but I have been thinking for the longest time how awesome it would be to play some ALK3 songs on Rock Band but have just thought to quote a song by them "there's no way in hell we'll ever live to see through this" whether it be because of the content of majority of there music or just because they aren't very popular. I saw this thread and thought why not try to bring life back into it and at least try for it to have a chance through the people who want it.

As for songs I want I'll pick one song off of each album starting with their newest and give my reasons maybe someone will respond with what they think and also try to keep this thread a bit more alive

Agony and Irony- Calling All Skeletons- yes it is the first single but it is easily a great song for RB in many ways I specifically think it would be a fun song to sing
    Crimson- Burn- again this was a single and this one would be a different kind of song then most people would expect from a mainly punk styled guitar by Alkaline Trio
    Good Mourning-Blue Carolina- not a single but a very solid song, although a bit of a mellow song also I think they would need to feature a song with Dan on vocals along with the majority that Matt sings
    From Here to Infirmary- Mr. Chainsaw- another song that is not a single but is a very amazing song may not be as popular as Stupid Kid or Private Eye but in my eyes is far superior to both singles on this album
    Alkaline Trio- My Friend Peter- content of the song aside this is a great fast paced song and one of my personal top favorites by the band but not a very well known song by any means
    Maybe I'll Catch Fire- Radio- I think this is the most obvious choice and a no brainer from this album, anyone who is an Alkaline Trio fan would want this song
    Goddamnit- Nose Over Tail- This song has always been my favorite Trio song and I'm very surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet anyone who has ever seen them live or is a fan of ALK3 knows why this song is so awesome and should also be able to finish this line "Whatever happened to that silly dream you had? I want to make it real...."

any ways sorry for the wall of text but keep this thread alive
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Stupid Kid and We've Had Enough would be sweet.
  • sweet-t310sweet-t310 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Top songs would have to be (based on possible charts, and excluding songs with profanity):
    Dethbed
    Standard Break From Life
    Nose Over Tail
    Time to Waste

I would love to include more from Goddammit! and From Here to Infirmary (Private Eye is my favorite ATrio song), but most of those drop f-bombs.
  • ardysticardystic Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    i personally would like Radio because i always sing it in the car when it comes on my mp3 player. and the guitar is pretty sweet.
  • reach110reach110 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    TIME TO WASTE!!! perfect for all instruments.
  • ChayanneChayanne Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Dude i would love have them on it

Songs: Burn, Sadie, I Lied My Face off, All on Black

With these songs i would totally get rock band 2
  • House Of WolvesHouse Of Wolves Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Goddamnit! Full album!!!!
    Okay, seriously.
    6-pack

-Help Me
    -Radio
    -Cringe
    -Stupid Kid
    -Time To Waste
    -San Francisco
  • Alk3fan007Alk3fan007 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    ALkaline trio is one of my favorite bands of all time and they have great guitar amazing drums and and insanely talented bass player. any song would be great for rockband
  • grittackgrittack Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    These need to be on rock band

Time to Waste
    Your Neck
    Mercy Me