Rush interview!

HMXMusomanHMXMusoman Harmonix Developer
edited August 2008 in Announcements
Finally here, folks! And fear not, part 2 is coming soon...
http://www.rockband.com/life

As a proud Rush fanatic (saw 'em first on the Power Windows tour), I was even happier to see that Geddy and Alex are as nice guys as they are. Hope you enjoy!

Brett

Comments

  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Yay video interview!
  • ArkMalmeidaArkMalmeida Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Great interview - I was as giddy as a schoolgirl when watching it.

    I'm a huge Rush fanatic myself. First saw them on the Hold Your Fire tour - could have seen the Power Windows tour but wasn't sure if I liked them enough at the time to spend the $15.50 to see the show (doh!). Harmonix will always hold a special place in my heart for getting Rush in the game (now with Masters!).

    I actually saw the show at the Comcast center that you guys interviewed Geddy and Alex before - and was able to bring my son along for his first concert ever. Shows the longevity of Rush since I was in high school when I first saw them myself!
  • FiveSecondFuseFiveSecondFuse Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Great interview. I'm now waiting until Part 2. I love Rush so much, just saw them on tour. Great interview HMX, keep the good stuff a comin'.
  • PastorO MuppetsPastorO Muppets Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    The great thing about Rush and Rockband is you'll never have to ask harmonix for rush in the game LOL. Not complaining mind you.
    I saw rush on the Grace Under Pressure Tour in the Tacoma Dome like a week after it opened up. have been into these guys since i was 11 and I am now 42-43 in august.
    They are absolutely my favorite band of all time.
    Thx harmonix for getting MASTERS and for any future Rush =p
  • ByH20ByH20 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    ArkMalmeida;831379 said:
    Great interview - I was as giddy as a schoolgirl when watching it.
    I was as "Geddy" as a schoolgirl when watching it.
  • wreckem279wreckem279 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    God...

    We need more Rush.

    Not a want. But a need!
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    awesome. i'm watching it now.
    wreckem279;831559 said:
    God...

    We need more Rush.

    Not a want. But a need!
    due to canadian law, we must get more Rush until thier entire discography is on the game. :D

    HELP! my computer won't let me watch the video! it says "performed illigal operation. internet will be shutdown." can someone put it on youtube or something?

    i want to watch RUSH!
  • ThallisThallis Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    God, these guys are awesome.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited July 2008
    Interesting. I now know more of Rush. Sweet.

    Nice Interview BTW!
  • Poozie2k8Poozie2k8 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    That interview was sweet as candy.......
    NICE!

    I hope all interviews are vids from now on....

    :D
  • BreakkingBreakking Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Great interview!

    I'm going to see Rush this Saturday in NJ for the 11th time, havent missed a tour since Power Windows. Whatever DLC from Rush that gets put ingame, is going to be bought immediately by me.
  • FedoraFedora Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Now I'm not saying that you should do this, but if it were me, I'd probably hook Geddy up with a Rock Band setup. Keeping a good working relationship with Rush could totally be written off as business expenses.
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Fedora;832435 said:
    Now I'm not saying that you should do this, but if it were me, I'd probably hook Geddy up with a Rock Band setup. Keeping a good working relationship with Rush could totally be written off as business expenses.
    well they are giving Judas Preist the game. and i think Pete Townsend and Roger Daultry (is that ow you spell it?) of the Who have a bundle for thier family.

    i so want to see Neil Peart play his own songs on Rock Band. he would either be confused by the colors, or be incredible good.
  • SGrundySGrundy Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I too am a Rush fanatic, but must admit that I've only recently discovered them since Guitar Hero II came out with YYZ! (I'm only 22 lol) I mean I had heard Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions before but never knew who they were by. They will be playing here in NC at the end of the month but I don't have the money as I'm a college student lol. :( The upside is that they are touring for Snakes and Arrows, and I'm sure they would do a farewell tour before calling it quits, so maybe I'll have another chance. Since GH II, I've picked up a number of Rush albums (don't have them all yet) three live albums, and two live DVDs! The interview was awesome. Alex and Geddy are so nice, and seemed as though they didn't mind at all talking about the early days and how it all got started, plus they fully support Rock Band! That's awesome! Once Geddy sees how cool the game is, Rush Full Album DLC FTW! :D Thanks goes to Harmonix for introducing me to RUSH!
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    SGrundy;832451 said:
    I too am a Rush fanatic, but must admit that I've only recently discovered them since Guitar Hero II came out with YYZ! (I'm only 22 lol) I mean I had heard Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions before but never knew who they were by. They will be playing here in NC at the end of the month but I don't have the money as I'm a college student lol. :( The upside is that they are touring for Snakes and Arrows, and I'm sure they would do a farewell tour before calling it quits, so maybe I'll have another chance. Since GH II, I've picked up a number of Rush albums (don't have them all yet) three live albums, and two live DVDs! The interview was awesome. Alex and Geddy are so nice, and seemed as though they didn't mind at all talking about the early days and how it all got started, plus they fully support Rock Band! That's awesome! Once Geddy sees how cool the game is, Rush Full Album DLC FTW! :D Thanks goes to Harmonix for introducing me to RUSH!
    another person shown how awesome Rush is by HMX. i first heard tom sawyer on the radio and loved it. then i heard YYZ on guitar hero and thought it was awesome. after limelight was released, i looked more into rush, and they are an amazing band.

    MOVING PICTURES OR FLY BY NIGHT AS FULL ALBUM DLC!!!!!!
  • Poozie2k8Poozie2k8 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;832446 said:

    i so want to see Neil Peart play his own songs on Rock Band. he would either be confused by the colors, or be incredible good.


    Oh, I don't think ANY type of drums would confuse Neil...

    :)
  • bmore007bmore007 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Awesome! Love these interviews!
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Poozie2k8;832490 said:
    Oh, I don't think ANY type of drums would confuse Neil...

    :)
    no probably not. he would probably be pissed that there aren't enought drums!

    with his monster set i could see that. its like he took 4 drumset and combined them!
  • GartzGartz Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    So... Is the wait on Part 2 because they also have an album release this month? :p

    We can only hope.
  • GNRrockslifeGNRrockslife Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Cool interview. I just realized I had never actually heard Alex Lifeson's speaking voice (Is that what I get for not popping in disc 2 of Rush In Rio?). I'm seeing Rush tomorrow in Toronto (Homecoming gig!), can't wait, second time seeing them (2nd time in a year too!)
  • fireshoesfireshoes Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Gartz;832706 said:
    So... Is the wait on Part 2 because they also have an album release this month? :p

    We can only hope.
    Kind of what I was thinking!
  • Poozie2k8Poozie2k8 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;832585 said:
    no probably not. he would probably be pissed that there aren't enought drums!

    with his monster set i could see that. its like he took 4 drumset and combined them!


    Ya. hehehe, he'd be like, Huh? Only 4 Drums? WtH HMX? I quit!
    NO more masters for you!

    LMAO

    :D

    I'm hoping he's in part 2 of the interview...
  • edited July 2008
    Gartz;832706 said:
    So... Is the wait on Part 2 because they also have an album release this month? :p

    We can only hope.
    I will hope along with you, friend.
  • Sgt PepperSgt Pepper Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    The interview most likely had to be filmed in two parts because the HMX interview crew started to develop nose bleeds and nausea from all the awesome in the room.
  • OverdriveEngageOverdriveEngage Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I've only heard of Rush through GH2's YYZ and from the looks of things only good things are comming down the pipe. Keep it up HMX!
  • Poozie2k8Poozie2k8 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Sgt Pepper;833098 said:
    The interview most likely had to be filmed in two parts because the HMX interview crew started to develop nose bleeds and nausea from all the awesome in the room.


    ROFLMAO !

    But seriously, wouldn't you too ?

    LOL

    :D:D
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Nice interview, being a fan of Rush for two years it's a treat to watch.
  • JigenJigen Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Awesome vid!

    Gonna sound greedy here, but those two songs were definitely not enough to sate my hunger. More Rush for Rock Band!!!
  • slaughtahouse04slaughtahouse04 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    John arrowsmith , is he the pyrotechnition for Rush? cause my dad and John (i believe its john arrowsmith) they used to play together my dad on guitar and john played the drums. Now i know hes the pyrotechnition but i was wondering cause i personally know him and he gave me and my father tickets to there concert last september (snakes and arrows). My dad's name is James Konopasky and im Ryan Konopasky so it that rings any bells thats pretty sick. (John is the guy who filmed the interview) and he lives in windsor dont remember excatly, i went to his house when i was like 8 .
  • slaughtahouse04slaughtahouse04 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    ill ask my dad when he comes home if the guy is john arrowsmith, cause hes best friends with a guy named john and i find that really ironic cause i love rush and now i watched an interview filmed by a guy who i know.
Sign In or Register to comment.