Fixing Messed Up Les Paul

X3R0_L1NKX3R0_L1NK Unsigned
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
I was wondering if anyone had trouble with their GH3 Les paul and activating overdrive. Mine seems to just go off on its own or when I need to use it not work at all.

I'm open to any Ideas ?

Comments

• leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    use the rock band guitar
  • AlliterationAmyAlliterationAmy Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    leftover_crack;838420 said:
    use the rock band guitar
    Because the overdrive on the RB guitar is much better, right? =/
  • iamtheddrmaniamtheddrman Merch-Table
    edited July 2008
    I've you're brave enough to open it up and void your warranty, there are ways to mod the guitar for other methods of activating overdrive. I don't have the links at the moment, but you can google it and there should be some good sites with videos about it
  • SlivedCupWinnerSlivedCupWinner Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    iamtheddrman;838821 said:
    I've you're brave enough to open it up and void your warranty, there are ways to mod the guitar for other methods of activating overdrive. I don't have the links at the moment, but you can google it and there should be some good sites with videos about it
    I'd like to see that as well.
  • X3R0_L1NKX3R0_L1NK Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    AlliterationAmy;838810 said:
    Because the overdrive on the RB guitar is much better, right? =/
    Yep thats exactly why I have a Les Paul. I got the RB bundle set and I've sent my gutiar back two times now. And they never fix the problem...the strum bar dosnt seem to work or it'll give out in a month or two. I cant wait for the new RB stuff :)
  • AlliterationAmyAlliterationAmy Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    X3R0_L1NK;839021 said:
    Yep thats exactly why I have a Les Paul. I got the RB bundle set and I've sent my gutiar back two times now. And they never fix the problem...the strum bar dosnt seem to work or it'll give out in a month or two. I cant wait for the new RB stuff :)
    They did note that there were several critical changes made to the peripherals... so we can only hope *crosses fingers*
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    X3R0_L1NK;838353 said:
    I was wondering if anyone had trouble with their GH3 Les paul and activating overdrive. Mine seems to just go off on its own or when I need to use it not work at all.

I'm open to any Ideas ?
    Punch it in the pipi.
  • X3R0_L1NKX3R0_L1NK Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Shredder87;842846 said:
    Punch it in the pipi.
    I dont think that will work...
    AlliterationAmy;839326 said:
    They did note that there were several critical changes made to the peripherals... so we can only hope *crosses fingers*
    Yeah I'd rather buy stuff from HMX any day than Red Octane I just couldnt handle the crap that I was going through with the Strat...I figured going to game stop and geting a used Les Paul would be a good Idea...

Good news though. I took it back and they gave me the new Aerosmith one. I've not played the game but I've heard its easy...and that they over charted Train Kept a Rollin.

- Also I hope they dont but It might happen....what if RB2 has the patch that GH3 had where you cant use any other stuff becides theirs on their game. IDK but just a what if...I could realy care less though cause I will probably buy the new RB stuff since most of mine isnt working anymore -