I got a Rockband question.

LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
This is probably a newbish question, but I'm not sure, and I'm posting this here instead of the RB section because I don't want to be burnt to a crisp. I'm sure some of my buds here has the right answer for me.

The other day I was playing online quickplay and I noticed that some dudes had their guitar and drum (2 guys using the same PSN ID) icons in platinum color instead of the normal black and white. You know the icon I'm talking about right?. The one when you are choosing which instrument to play before the songs starts. What does that mean? or how do you get that?. I'ts the first time I had seen it, and I've been playing online since the game launched.

Comments

• BjordBjord Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Platinum artist is one who's finished the endless setlist. If I'm understanding what you're asking.
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Wow! if that is correct, there is a whole bunch of PS3 users out there who haven't finished the endless set list yet!! :D I know I haven't, and I probably wont be doing it anytime soon.:p

Thanks for posting!:)
  • BjordBjord Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    yeah if anyone else of them is like me and my friends, we just put it off haha but we finally finished it.
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Mind you, Platinum is only gotten from completing Endless Setlist on EXPERT. That means everyone in the band is playing on expert, not just you.
  • edited July 2008
    LZ_69;840240 said:
    Wow! if that is correct, there is a whole bunch of PS3 users out there who haven't finished the endless set list yet!! :D I know I haven't, and I probably wont be doing it anytime soon.:p

Thanks for posting!:)
    The actual silver/gold/platinum logos are all linked to the character that finished the Endless Setlist. So if someone plays online with a character they specifcly use for online, or just a randomly generated character, then it wont show up.

I think this is why you rarely see them. That and the fact that most ppl whove done the endless setlist on expert cant stand the amount of n00bish behaviour that goes on online, specifically people quitting games.
  • moshunmoshun Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    To reitterate, the special inverted/gold/platinum icons are only tied to the character that they used to do the endless setlist.

You get the following colored icons for doing the Endless Setlist, based on the difficulty:
    Inverted = Medium
    Gold = Hard
    Platinum = Expert

If you want to get the platinum icon, you and the rest of your band MUST all play on EXPERT. If one of you choose to go down to Hard or Medium while everyone else is doing Expert, the game will only award you guys with the lowest level you guys are playing on (in this case, medium/inverted icon).

FYI, if you complete the Endless Setlist as a guitar player, you'll get the special color icon for the guitar.. but ALSO for the bass on that character. :)
  • bood-boybood-boy Headliner
    edited July 2008
    moshun;840446 said:
    To reitterate, the special inverted/gold/platinum icons are only tied to the character that they used to do the endless setlist.

You get the following colored icons for doing the Endless Setlist, based on the difficulty:
    Inverted = Medium
    Gold = Hard
    Platinum = Expert

If you want to get the platinum icon, you and the rest of your band MUST all play on EXPERT. If one of you choose to go down to Hard or Medium while everyone else is doing Expert, the game will only award you guys with the lowest level you guys are playing on (in this case, medium/inverted icon).

FYI, if you complete the Endless Setlist as a guitar player, you'll get the special color icon for the guitar.. but ALSO for the bass on that character. :)

mosh knows too! shes introduced me to that whole 'my icon is way better than ur icon' when we rocked online.
    edited July 2008
    haha don't put words in my mouth! xD
  • FloodOneFloodOne Headliner
    edited July 2008
    nobody plays with me at home, so i'll have to wait for RB2 to earn my gold and platinum :(
    edited July 2008
    FloodOne;841637 said:
    nobody plays with me at home, so i'll have to wait for RB2 to earn my gold and platinum :(
    That has me wondering... IS there an endless setlist in RB2??