I don't like Rock Band 1 anymore? :(

m00pm00p Banned
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Songlist is very repetitive, and the timing window starts to annoy me after a while. It seems every time I play a couple songs on guitar hero and then switch over to rock band, I can't handle those fast parts on guitar or drums? I was playing next to you on hard mode, and couldn't even believe how difficult this was? Do I really need to use two people to get past a song on HARD? My god..

Well, I hope they fix the timing window in RB2 and add some bigger hits instead of all this alternative crap. I'm tired of playing "I Think I'm Paranoid". Rock Band tends to get my band into fights and is no longer fun to play.

Not a guitar hero fanboy either. I can't wait for what they announce on RB2. They need to whipe the slate clean. Characters, Venues, Lighting, Timing Windows, EVERYTHING. Its just boring after a while..

If RB2 is just the same as RB1 with new songs, I can guarantee you I won't buy it.

Comments

• m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    ^^ 1:03- 1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP00BKqBpnQ

notice how the notes are crammed together? If their was some sort of hyperspeed that could be fixed. Most of the notes are that way on drums too.
  • R33DH4MR33DH4M Banned
    edited July 2008
    Practice makes perfect. I've nearly fc'd Next to You on expert, 99%. Quit complaining.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited July 2008
    That's how it's played XD

Thrasher is also the hardest song in the game, I've heard Expert guitarists say that it's the hardest song to 5* consistently, even when compared to Raining Blood.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Ultimatum;841777 said:
    That's how it's played XD

Thrasher is also the hardest song in the game, I've heard Expert guitarists say that it's the hardest song to 5* consistently, even when compared to Raining Blood.
    That's not my point though. I liked how GH3 did a hyperspeed X 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 kinda deal. When I play Guitar Hero, i play on Hyperspeed X5. But then when I switch to rock band, it is either that its to slow or the hammer-ons get me.

This probably needs to be fixed.
  • InsaneGameInsaneGame Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Not to start a fight or anything but there is a reason Hyperspeed is a cheat...
    edited July 2008
    The HO/PO system is fine, no one's holding your hand anymore like they do in GH3.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    InsaneGame;841836 said:
    Not to start a fight or anything but there is a reason Hyperspeed is a cheat...
    so is precision mode. only n00bs use precision mode, eh?
    Ultimatum;841841 said:
    The HO/PO system is fine, no one's holding your hand anymore like they do in GH3.
    fanboy much?
  • OldFogeyOldFogey Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    m00p;841738 said:
    ^^ 1:03- 1:20

notice how the notes are crammed together? If their was some sort of hyperspeed that could be fixed. Most of the notes are that way on drums too.
    Hey Moop -- for those of use who've never played GHx anything, can you explain what hyperspeed is? Does it change the display so the notes are more spread out?
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    m00p;841707 said:
    No, it is not. At least add a rip off of "hyperspeed" so the player can choose.

The timing window is the number one reason why I don't play rock band that much..
    hyperspeed doesnt make it go faster
    it looks like its going faster, and you have to be more precise on the notes
    pay attention next time
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    OldFogey;841918 said:
    Hey Moop -- for those of use who've never played GHx anything, can you explain what hyperspeed is? Does it change the display so the notes are more spread out?
    No problem fogey.

Hyperspeed allows the player to change the speed in which the notes appear/the space in between each note. Hyperspeed (x5) being the fastest, and (x1) being the slowest. While I could type an entire paragraph explaining this, i'll just show a video. Through the Fire and Flames (crappy song, i kno)

(no hyperspeed run)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg&feature=related

(hyperspeed X5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIwBhjG_WH4

Notice how the notes are sort of crammed together in the first video (without hyperspeed)? This is comparable to rock bands standards. And then how the second video the notes are much more spread apart. Which makes it easier to hit those solo's.

Here is my problem: My fretboard is usually like the second video ^. When I try and switch back to no hyperspeed on rock band, my timing is way off and I usually get around 90%. It is much harder to play with hyperspeed, but once you get used to it, it's hard to just "switch off".
  • illgreenillgreen Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Got through Next to You on Hard Drums first time I tried. Not 100% but I got through. Practice practice practice my friend.

And don't you think that they're just going to make the bars smaller in GHWT? They do need to triple how many are on the screen at one time...

HMX and RB rule!
  • AnarchyintheUKAnarchyintheUK Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I have a question. What the hell does hyperspeed do exactly? If it is as it sounds making it faster surely that makes it harder.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    AnarchyintheUK;841988 said:
    I have a question. What the hell does hyperspeed do exactly? If it is as it sounds making it faster surely that makes it harder.
    ^^ two posts up.

Makes it easier to hit hammer-ons.

Their are many people like me that can't play expert without hyperspeed. Not because we're bad. It's because we've adapted to it. I have still beaten expert on RB tho.
    edited July 2008
    m00p;841890 said:
    fanboy much?
    Not really, since I don't even own RB on my main console.

I picked up a used copy from a friend of mine for something like $5 because I wanted to play Bass in quickplay.

Even that CD is collecting dust.

But, the GH3 HO/PO system is ridiculously easy, if I could actually stand the ******ed charts, I could've 5 starred every song in the game, but the charts were disgusting, so I passed on that game.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    The system is balanced though. I don't think they should tweak the HO/PO any more. They got it perfect in GH Aerosmith. It's in between GH2 and GH3. Not to easy either. Even though Aerosmith was probably the easiest guitar hero (because of the charts.) it was still overall fun to play.

If Harmonix was smart, they'd tweak the HO/PO's system to be a bit like GH: Aerosmith.

I hate guitar hero fanboys, and people who think because they beat TTFATF their "god". But just the system outbeats rock band's.
    edited July 2008
    If you like getting your hand held throughout a game and not having to work at it, then sure.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Ultimatum;842047 said:
    If you like getting your hand held throughout a game and not having to work at it, then sure.
    is that a challenge?

I actually had to work at playing a real guitar. So don't get me wrong there..
    edited July 2008
    Then it shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Ultimatum;842069 said:
    Then it shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.
    Why should I practice a plastic guitar when I can 5* every song on GH, and nearly every one on Rock Band? I put the "timing window" part in my OP because I hate switching over. It takes me about 5/10 songs to get in my groove again. It would just save me some time if they tweaked it. No need to be a troll.
    edited July 2008
    I'm not being a troll, I'm just pointing out what I think are flaws in your arguments.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Ultimatum;842099 said:
    I'm not being a troll, I'm just pointing out what I think are flaws in your arguments.
    You were trying to promote superiority in my thread. You pretty much said:

"Your bad, you shouldn't play Rock Band. I'm guessing its too difficult for you and thats why your whining. Guitar Hero 3 is 4 n00bz who can't play teh plastic gootar. "

Which is the exact opposite of what I was saying. Which makes you either a troll or an a$$. Or maybe you just misunderstood my posts?
  • AnarchyintheUKAnarchyintheUK Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Well this turned soar pretty quickly. Maybe you guys should agree to disagree and both back off?
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    GH3 HO/PO are WAY too lineant. RB is similar to GH2, just perfect. I hated the fact that you could pretty much button mash through solos in GH3.

Hyperspeed would be nice however since RB is starting to have a few challenging solos through DLC.
    edited July 2008
    m00p;842176 said:
    You were trying to promote superiority in my thread. You pretty much said:

"Your bad, you shouldn't play Rock Band. I'm guessing its too difficult for you and thats why your whining. Guitar Hero 3 is 4 n00bz who can't play teh plastic gootar. "

Which is the exact opposite of what I was saying. Which makes you either a troll or an a$$. Or maybe you just misunderstood my posts?
    People are only enemies if you perceive them to be that way.

If you can't handle the brutal truth then fine with me, just don't make a post like this and not expect someone like me to come along.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Ultimatum;842329 said:
    People are only enemies if you perceive them to be that way.

If you can't handle the brutal truth then fine with me, just don't make a post like this and not expect someone like me to come along.
    what is this "truth" your boasting about?
  • moshunmoshun Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Maybe you just need to fudge around with your calibration settings.

I know when you see some squished together notes, you probably get all tense and get ready to do it really fast and end up missing it... But you'll find sometimes you'll land it if you just relax and try not to go too aggressive and fast. I do believe the hit window isn't super small.. sometimes I can keep my combo going on complicated fast parts on expert drums after hitting notes like half a second later than I should but it still registers as a good hit.

I like to set my calibration so that I can hit it a *tad* earlier.. Not when the notes are directly over the bar at the bottom.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    moshun;842558 said:
    Maybe you just need to fudge around with your calibration settings.

I know when you see some squished together notes, you probably get all tense and get ready to do it really fast and end up missing it... But you'll find sometimes you'll land it if you just relax and try not to go too aggressive and fast. I do believe the hit window isn't super small.. sometimes I can keep my combo going on complicated fast parts on expert drums after hitting notes like half a second later than I should but it still registers as a good hit.

I like to set my calibration so that I can hit it a *tad* earlier.. Not when the notes are directly over the bar at the bottom.
    I will try that. Your the bomb moshun!
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    I love RBs scroll speed

I can 4* Thrasher on a Strat... and 5* it on drums.... trust me it's not hard
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Hyperspeed just seems like cheating to me. Its only fair that you should play it at the true speed of the song.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Well, there's no real 'true speed' of the song, since it's just how fast you're reading the notes. I'm fairly certain that every song's notes comes down at the same speed, it's just some are more condensed. But they're condesed by the same amount between songs. If that makes any sense.

Anyways, I'd recommend going backwards down the Hyperspeed speeds when you play GH3. If I understand them correctly, why not play Hyperspeed x4 the next time, then slow it down to x3 later, and keep going down until you get used to it?