PS3: How to delete songs?

edited July 2008 in Rock Band
Is there a way to delete individual songs from PS3 ?

thanks

Comments

• kanreikanrei Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Sadly, no. You will have to delete the entire file and then redownload each song.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited July 2008
    kanrei;845448 said:
    Sadly, no. You will have to delete the entire file and then redownload each song.
    Just so you know you have to delete the install file not the save file with your characters and score data
  • edited July 2008
    CCDaDon;845482 said:
    Just so you know you have to delete the install file not the save file with your characters and score data
    Thanks. You anticipated my next question.

Just to be clear, which one is the install file?
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited July 2008
    The Squeaky Wheel;845558 said:
    Thanks. You anticipated my next question.

Just to be clear, which one is the install file?
    the file in the "game data utility" section in the xmb
  • drakkahndrakkahn Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    It will make you download the new version of rock band again as well. Don't freak out though. If you did any solo stuff with the DLC and you re-download a song that, let's say you gold star'd, it will come back as gold star'd. It won't affect your character's scores....or at least that was my experience.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited July 2008
    what song is really that bad that you need to delete and go through all of this
  • drakkahndrakkahn Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    packerfan8675309;845942 said:

I wouldn't say you NEED to. However, if you want to make sure that every non-disc song chosen in online play or whatever is definitely something you like or would want to play....it's one way to do it. It's an option. Nothing more.
  • kanreikanrei Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    After playing Snow, I thought about it. That song coming up in a random setlist that I picked expert in kind of scares me, but I suppose it is something I will have to deal with.
  • m85021m85021 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    packerfan8675309;845942 said:
    Still Alive
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I have all the DLC and I'm playing mostly solo these days.

I dread the day when RB2 introduces BWT online or I move to a place where a bunch of people can hang out, we start a tour on Expert, and in the very first random setlist, Blackened (or Thrasher or AJFA or what-have-you) crops up.

I'm only going to get through a BWT by stepping random sets down to Medium out of paranoia.
  • edited July 2008
    DesiredFX;846430 said:
    I have all the DLC and I'm playing mostly solo these days.

I dread the day when RB2 introduces BWT online or I move to a place where a bunch of people can hang out, we start a tour on Expert, and in the very first random setlist, Blackened (or Thrasher or AJFA or what-have-you) crops up.

I'm only going to get through a BWT by stepping random sets down to Medium out of paranoia.
    I do that too... only I just switch to bass. Much easier fix.
  • DarkJ3JBDarkJ3JB Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I dred those things come up also but I just live with them and laugh about it later. I can do the Thrasher back on expert on guitar but my drummer gets owned. So that will become a major challenge. Just redo the random setlist later. Maybe they will come up with a solution. I hope.