I don't think my iPod likes Judas Priest... Help?

HamsterhitmanHamsterhitman Rising Star
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
I put a Priest album on my iPod the other day, but for some reason they aren't showing up under my artist list. Oddly enough, the songs are appearing under the list of songs. Any idea what's going on?

Comments

• kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited July 2008
    Hamsterhitman;846911 said:
    I put a Priest album on my iPod the other day, but for some reason they aren't showing up under my artist list. Oddly enough, the songs are appearing under the list of songs. Any idea what's going on?
    When you're in iTunes, you might need to change the ID tags on your songs. Find the tracks in iTunes, then right-click and choose "Get Info". Then, just make sure all the boxes are filled in correctly.
  • HamsterhitmanHamsterhitman Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Hm. Yeah, I tried that a while ago, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong though...
  • OldFogeyOldFogey Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    So -- you can find the songs if you browse by song but not if you browse by artist, right?

When you play one of the songs, what artist does it show in the display (it should show artist, album and song title)?

Also, do you browse by artist first, or do you browse by genre, for example, and then get a list of artists -- so maybe they're popping up under a different genre than you expect, for example, rock rather than metal.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, iTunes doesn't list metal as a genre. When you upload music from CDs, tough, it usually appears as metal.
    edited July 2008
    Hungryfreak;849419 said:
    Yeah, iTunes doesn't list metal as a genre. When you upload music from CDs, tough, it usually appears as metal.
    Well, actually it did for me :confused:
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited July 2008
    I mean the store. It lists any metal as rock.
    edited July 2008
    Hungryfreak;849520 said:
    I mean the store. It lists any metal as rock.
    AH! (Finds lightbulb emoticon on web and posts image)

Yeah those web classifications of genres suck. Whenever I upload a CD from the classical guitarist John Williams, I always have to edit the genre because Gracenote thinks John Williams means movie music or something like that :eek: