GH:WT to use Line 6 POD technology

NuggieNuggie Opening Act
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17025/Guitar-Hero-World-Tour-to-Use-Line-6-POD-Technology/
Guitar Hero® World Tour for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system will integrate Line 6’s guitar tone technology, enabling gamers to use amps, cabs and effects from the world-renown Line 6 POD® in the game’s Music Studio. The game’s innovative new Music Studio lets players express their musical creativity by giving them access to a full complement of tools to compose, record, edit and share their own rock ’n’ roll anthems.
I wonder what different direction HMX are taking to this create a song mode

Comments

• SonofmoghSonofmogh Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    IBTL

(ten char.)

EDIT: or at least In Before the Move to the Off-topic section
  • willpwn4f0odwillpwn4f0od Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    ouch... i guess their music maker mode thingy will be better then i thought!!
  • R4di4ti0nR4di4ti0n Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    well, hmx isnt doing create-a-song.

Instead they are going to take the very large, fat, beautiful diamond they have, and polish that bitch up, and put it round snoop dogs neck, all while GHWT tries too hard, and flops around hopelessly like a magicarp. Watch out for that flail attack! its a tough one!
  • mazzymazzy Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    That is weird..... I am not sure how you can hook an amp up to a plastic guitar and get any sound that you really want to hear.

I think that some people are going to spend some serious money to get some very limited results....

But that is just a guess without trying it of course.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited July 2008
    Awesome, now the 2% of people with add-ons and the drive to use this feature will go nuts.
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    It doesn't matter one bit how deep or amazing the create-a-song feature is, the fact is that out of every 100 created songs, isn't it likely that only a couple will be worth downloading or listening to? Then in order to find these you're going to have to sift through all the other crap. Imagine how many people are going to try and make the hardest song imaginable, or 5-note chord songs, or overchart, underchart, mis-chart, or generally just make terrible sounding music.

Harmonix is a company of musicians. I trust their judgment much, much more than I trust Activision and all the little kids who are lining up try their hand at duplicating Dragonforce.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    jtrousd;848101 said:
    It doesn't matter one bit how deep or amazing the create-a-song feature is, the fact is that out of every 100 created songs, isn't it likely that only a couple will be worth downloading or listening to? Then in order to find these you're going to have to sift through all the other crap. Imagine how many people are going to try and make the hardest song imaginable, or 5-note chord songs, or overchart, underchart, mis-chart, or generally just make terrible sounding music.

Harmonix is a company of musicians. I trust their judgment much, much more than I trust Activision and all the little kids who are lining up try their hand at duplicating Dragonforce.
    Everybody keeps missing the point of just having this function. Say the uneducated shopper is looking at RB two and GHWT. They're both going to look the same, but GHWT will have a big sticker with "CREATE A SONG MODE!" or something. It doesn't really matter if absolutely no one can make a good song. Just having the option is going to push boxes. :(
  • MonkeymascotMonkeymascot Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    jtrousd;848101 said:
    GH Tunes or whatever the online downloading service is called will have the most viewed, most downloaded, top rated, etc. You won't have to sift through the crap unless you want to.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    How about making a "Sweet Child o Mine" or a "Paradise City" instrumental track? Create a Song with my band is gonna be kicka$$. We're not stupid 10 year olds either.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    I'm thinking about buying GH:WT IF!!!!!!!! you can buy it seperatly and the Les Paul is compatible
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Zeleii;848174 said:
    I'm thinking about buying GH:WT IF!!!!!!!! you can buy it seperatly and the Les Paul is compatible
    Les Paul and Xplorer have been confirmed to be compatible with GH: World Tour. I don't think you can use the original Rock Band kit for World Tour, but the world tour instruments will be sold seperately. Either at the release of the game or a month or so after.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    Not to mention song structuring would suck if you cant make Guitar only tracks :(

I dont wanna buy a second 200$ Purchase just so I can make songs on a game... 60$ is enough
    edited July 2008
    Zeleii;848174 said:
    It's compatible, but you will miss out on some of the features that you can only do with the new guitar. They haven't said what they are yet though.
  • kalennighteyeskalennighteyes Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Sounds like GH:WT is going to be pretty cool!
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    Monkeymascot;848197 said:
    It's compatible, but you will miss out on some of the features that you can only do with the new guitar. They haven't said what they are yet though.
    I don't care... I'm not gonna wait just to make songs, and I'm sure as hell not spending 200$ so I can make songs in a game.... if I spend 200$ to make songs I'd spend that 200$ taking official musical lessons...
    edited July 2008
    LOL!!! Good point rofl!!!
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Zeleii;848212 said:
    I don't care... I'm not gonna wait just to make songs, and I'm sure as hell not spending 200$ so I can make songs in a game.... if I spend 200$ to make songs I'd spend that 200$ taking official musical lessons...
    Or, you could just buy a cowbell....
    edited July 2008
    Zeleii;848212 said:
    I'm pretty sure the features are things you do while you're playing, not in the song creator.
    edited July 2008
    rofl!!!!!!!!!! @ cowbell!!!
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    m00p;848221 said:
    Or, you could just buy a cowbell....
    That too xD

But you dont write music with a cowbell..

And cowbells dont play music

They play orgasms of the ear, which are the equivalent of going to heaven
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Monkeymascot;848228 said:
    I'm pretty sure the features are things you do while you're playing, not in the song creator.
    It's the exact same feature as rock band. It's either a tune your guitar, or a scroll on the guitar like the Stratocaster. Where you can switch the tune and the crowd noise, etc.
    edited July 2008
    m00p;848239 said:
    It's the exact same feature as rock band. It's either a tune your guitar, or a scroll on the guitar like the Stratocaster. Where you can switch the tune and the crowd noise, etc.
    Both the EGM and Game Informer articles said that there's a special kind of note. Neversoft didn't let them know what it was, though.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Monkeymascot;848250 said:
    Both the EGM and Game Informer articles said that there's a special kind of note. Neversoft didn't let them know what it was, though.
    Oh, i know what that is. I believe I heard it was something about a touch sensitive neck. The new guitar allows you to finger the notes.
    edited July 2008
    m00p;848257 said:
    Oh, i know what that is. I believe I heard it was something about a touch sensitive neck. The new guitar allows you to finger the notes.
    Lol, finger the notes. ;)

I was wondering what the touch pads were used for. So basically they're the same as the Stratocaster's solo buttons?
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    Monkeymascot;848302 said:
    Lol, finger the notes. ;)

I was wondering what the touch pads were used for. So basically they're the same as the Stratocaster's solo buttons?
    Yeah, except their touch sensitive. Which makes them extra special ;)..

BTW: I was laughing really hard while typing my other post :)