This has to be put to an end somehow....

Phil ManutzPhil Manutz Opening Act
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
I only this morning decided to join the GH community as I was interested in how dedicated GH players feel about situations as they have arisen in the past couple of weeks. I was a little surprised to see posts in their forums made by some of this community's more notorious GH naysayers posting anti GH rhetoric in their forums.

I have to ask, is it really that serious? why is it that people who apparently are dead loyal to rock band can't just stay in these forums and love their game? why do you have to go to the other side of the fence to spread your hate? is your life lacking so much meaning? you know who you are.

honestly, I expect better behavior out of the rock band loyalists, who proclaim their love for music, and are all about not selling out, and yadayadayada..... behaving like the hardcore gamer types who seem to frequent the guitar hero forums from what I can tell, it saddens me a bit. why stoop to the level of those who carry the attitude of competitiveness that comes with being a gamer?

I am certain once I get myself familiar with the guitar hero forums I will recognize many of their users here, doing this forum the same injustice, and while I do not condone this behavior, I expect it from people who probably spend more time playing call of duty than GH. (I realize this is a broad generalization of the GH forum populace, but it is what I gather form the short time I have spent in their forum this morning. hopefully my opinion can be changed in a positive manner as time goes on.).

guys, give it a rest, seriously, I ask you all to leave the other games' fans to their devices and enjoy the company of individuals who hold the same nuances of rhythm based gaming in high regard as yourselves.

Comments

  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited July 2008
    I suspect the people that do this aren't the ones we all feel represent our community... people like Sayburr and Sonofmogrrhrhrfhsyd
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    So, you're basically asking everyone to do what you want them to do. Also, you come off like you're on top of some pristine tower of perfection, looking down at all the rest of us. Guess we better act all proper and gentlemanly on the Internet, because this guy likes the same game as us... :(
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2008
    The "game war" between RB & GH won't end until one side calls "uncle". A lot of us RB players HATE what GH has become.

    We want QUALITY from our games, not QUANTITY.

    The only way this will stop is if Activision quits the GH franchise.

    To use a quote from Macbeth:

    "Lay On McDuff, 'til one of us cries 'Hold! Enough' "
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited July 2008
    RockBandRocker;850062 said:
    The "game war" between RB & GH won't end until one side calls "uncle". A lot of us RB players HATE what GH has become.

    We want QUALITY from our games, not QUANTITY.

    The only way this will stop is if Activision quits the GH franchise.

    To use a quote from Macbeth:

    "Lay On McDuff, 'til one of us cries 'Hold! Enough' "
    Nobody is forcing you to buy Guitar Hero games. No company will quit.

    Harmonix fanboys, in general, are *******s. Much more unpleasant to be around than GH fanboys.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited July 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;850072 said:
    Nobody is forcing you to buy Guitar Hero games. No company will quit.

    Harmonix fanboys, in general, are *******s. Much more unpleasant to be around than GH fanboys.
    At least we can spell and do things like legally drink or own a credit card.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Flawless;850095 said:
    At least we can spell and do things like legally drink or own a credit card.
    Woo, you came out of your mother before me. So what?
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited July 2008
    I was born with a dictionary too.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Flawless;850111 said:
    I was born with a dictionary too.
    Paperback or hardback?
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited July 2008
    Can't remember too well, it was blurry.

    I think it was paper back.
  • Phil ManutzPhil Manutz Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    monkeyfish;850058 said:
    So, you're basically asking everyone to do what you want them to do. Also, you come off like you're on top of some pristine tower of perfection, looking down at all the rest of us. Guess we better act all proper and gentlemanly on the Internet, because this guy likes the same game as us... :(
    interesting, you need some form of excuse to be gentlemanly? well, that speaks volumes for your maturity. at no point did I proclaim myself high and mighty, or better than anyone in any respect, I just think that we can all do better for ourselves than the needless bashing of the competition. it's not even OUR competition, it's HMX's and Activision's competition. we do not benefit from calling each other names and insulting the product we did not choose to support.

    in any case, I am not asking anyone to do what I want, I am asking them to do what is best for everyone. this senseless going back and forth fanboyattentionwhoring at each other does nothing but hurt our respective communities. it is childish and immature, and such behavior has no point or place in civilized society of any kind.
  • FaustttFausttt Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Phil Manutz;850048 said:
    I only this morning decided to join the GH community as I was interested in how dedicated GH players feel about situations as they have arisen in the past couple of weeks. I was a little surprised to see posts in their forums made by some of this community's more notorious GH naysayers posting anti GH rhetoric in their forums.

    I have to ask, is it really that serious? why is it that people who apparently are dead loyal to rock band can't just stay in these forums and love their game? why do you have to go to the other side of the fence to spread your hate? is your life lacking so much meaning? you know who you are.

    honestly, I expect better behavior out of the rock band loyalists, who proclaim their love for music, and are all about not selling out, and yadayadayada..... behaving like the hardcore gamer types who seem to frequent the guitar hero forums from what I can tell, it saddens me a bit. why stoop to the level of those who carry the attitude of competitiveness that comes with being a gamer?

    I am certain once I get myself familiar with the guitar hero forums I will recognize many of their users here, doing this forum the same injustice, and while I do not condone this behavior, I expect it from people who probably spend more time playing call of duty than GH. (I realize this is a broad generalization of the GH forum populace, but it is what I gather form the short time I have spent in their forum this morning. hopefully my opinion can be changed in a positive manner as time goes on.).

    guys, give it a rest, seriously, I ask you all to leave the other games' fans to their devices and enjoy the company of individuals who hold the same nuances of rhythm based gaming in high regard as yourselves.
    as one of the people that post on both forums, i take offense to this. I own every GH game (cept theDS one) and only 1 rockband game. Am i less entitled to post on that forum because i bought rockband most recently? or is it because i personally prefer rb2.

    are we not allowed to go on those forums to weigh the pros and cons of each game and make rational debate? i think you will find most (definitely not all) RB fans over there are rational and civil. as compared to the fanboys responses on those threads. i was considering both games. after recent news i have decided to go for RB2 first. so when asked on those forums which one will you buy. . .or which one will win, i feel i have every right to chime in the thiings that helped me make a decision.

    this bipartisan "one or the other" thing is rediculous.. but while you are on your high horse, would you mind telling me what your official "rules of engagement" are for posting on that site. also am i now required to abandon all my GH gear before i join the army of rock band?
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    ^hes just telling the people that go over there and bash GH to stop it. hes not telling everybody stop.

    and i argee with the OP. i sometimes lurk over on the GH forums, and a lot of rock band fans seem to be going over there, and saying how rock band is better.

    i may not agree witht he people over on the GH forum, but i can respect thier decision to choose GH. and GH fanboys have'nt come over here and posted dumb stuff! so why do we have to do it to them?

    just, to whoever is doing these things, please stop. you're making us rock band lovers look like we need everyone to like our game.
  • Phil ManutzPhil Manutz Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Fausttt;850169 said:
    as one of the people that post on both forums, i take offense to this. I own every GH game (cept theDS one) and only 1 rockband game. Am i less entitled to post on that forum because i bought rockband most recently? or is it because i personally prefer rb2.

    are we not allowed to go on those forums to weigh the pros and cons of each game and make rational debate? i think you will find most (definitely not all) RB fans over there are rational and civil. as compared to the fanboys responses on those threads. i was considering both games. after recent news i have decided to go for RB2 first. so when asked on those forums which one will you buy. . .or which one will win, i feel i have every right to chime in the thiings that helped me make a decision.

    this bipartisan "one or the other" thing is rediculous.. but while you are on your high horse, would you mind telling me what your official "rules of engagement" are for posting on that site. also am i now required to abandon all my GH gear before i join the army of rock band?
    join the army of rock band? why would you do such a thing? I thought I made the point that I am not a fan of product bashing, in fact, that is the whole point of the thread. My post is aimed at those who would invade the GH forums just to badmouth people and bash their choice of product, I have no qualms with those who are in it for rational debate. that is why I joined both forums, because I enjoy both products, I have arguments that support both, and I, like yourself, feel that I have a right to voice my opinion.
  • Colt_SteeleColt_Steele Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;850177 said:
    and GH fanboys have'nt come over here and posted dumb stuff!
    I'm not entirely convinced of that. But to each their own. If GH titles start attaining a better level of quality again I will start buying them again, simple as that. I'm in it for the music.
  • DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited July 2008
    Unfortunately, bashing products is going to happen. That's that way the business world works, if people dont like your product, they are going to tell everyone they know... anyone remember the flo bee? Who would honestly buy one of those now? hah. My point is, its a free country, people are allowed to say what they want to either side.
This discussion has been closed.