Did I Stink? (First time poster)

edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Hi,
First time poster here.
Last night I was asked to sing/play a song with some guys I know. It was just for fun. It was a Dylan song. I do a mean Dylan voice.
I sang it and no one said anything afterwords. They just went over the other songs they rehearsed. No invitation back, nothing. Well, one guy said he will let me know when the play again but the leader said nothing.
Did I suck that bad? I don't think I did.

How can I find out if I stunk without losing my dignity?
I am 47 and really want to play.
Suggestions?

Nice meeting you all.

Comments

• AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Welcome To The Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

was this online? becasue no one can hear your voice online. and if you don't have DLC, not a lot of people will want to play with you.
  • edited July 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;850205 said:

was this online? becasue no one can hear your voice online. and if you don't have DLC, not a lot of people will want to play with you.
    Thanks. What is DLC?
    I have a youtube video of me playing a John Lennon song. I can post that, if you like.
    Here it is:
    http://tinyurl.com/5j2vwp

I have not played in years. But I really really want to play and sing. With practice I believe I can.
  • CheezerRoxCheezerRox Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    DigitalArtist2008;850199 said:
    Hi,
    First time poster here.
    Last night I was asked to sing/play a song with some guys I know. It was just for fun. It was a Dylan song. I do a mean Dylan voice.
    I sang it and no one said anything afterwords. They just went over the other songs they rehearsed. No invitation back, nothing. Well, one guy said he will let me know when the play again but the leader said nothing.
    Did I suck that bad? I don't think I did.

How can I find out if I stunk without losing my dignity?
    I am 47 and really want to play.
    Suggestions?

Nice meeting you all.
    Hmmmm, I'd just say to them, "Dude, if I sucked, just tell me." *shrugs* That's the best way to me.
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;850205 said:

Uhhh, dude. He's talkin' about real life.