5.) New 360 dashboard = meh
6.) FFXIII is coming to the 360
7.) Nobody at E3 likes Guitar Hero:World Tour
8.) ID is going with EA

*more to come as the week passes

Comments

• LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Well that's not surprising at all. There are a lot more 360's out there than PS3's, and maybe the numbers of Wii's and 360's are close, problem is there are not that many good Wii games out.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited July 2008
    The Wii has only just recently outsold the 360 in the US... and I'm assuming those numbers are just for the US. After all, the Wii has an enormous lead in Europe (where even the PS3 outsells the 360), and Japan... well, the 360 might as well not exist there.
  • leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    im actually surprised being that that the ps3 has been out selling 360 since january
    edited July 2008
    leftover_crack;858916 said:
    im actually surprised being that that the ps3 has been out selling 360 since january
    The two sell about equal amounts of hardware lately, but there's also the momentum factor. The 360 has a huge install base in the US and there are quite a few more games available for it, including some pretty good titles. The PS3 does as well, but not as many. The Wii? Just stick with the Nintendo first-party games :)
  • R33DH4MR33DH4M Banned
    edited July 2008
    Resident Evil 5 was the best I saw so far.
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    ^ I remember seeing the Resident Evil 5 trailer on E3 2007, it should have been out by now, what is up with Campcom??:confused:
  • edited July 2008
    What I learned is that Microsoft is stealing PS3 ideas of games that are big in PAL regions and are releasing them on the xbox in the US where they have a big console install base.

Eye Toy
    Singstar
    Buzz

All have xbox versions coming out that are so extremely obviously rip offs of the original Sony games.
  • MrGrievesMrGrieves Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    LZ_69;859167 said:
    ^ I remember seeing the Resident Evil 5 trailer on E3 2007, it should have been out by now, what is up with Campcom??:confused:

its coming out on March 13, 2009

EDIT: http://kotaku.com/5024978/resident-evil-5-launching-march-2009
  • xxpigxxxxpigxx Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    added more stuff to discuss
    will add more as I learn more
  • AraghaAragha I posted 10,000 times and all I got was this lousy title
    edited July 2008
    I don't like the new dashboard, it makes it look like a giant advertisement.
  • IslandBoy91IslandBoy91 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Rock Band 2 really is gonna have AC/DC! :D

It's also going to be 360 exclusive for a little while. Sorry PS3 owners.
  • GRIMM132GRIMM132 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I own most of the modern systems (Xbox, 360, ps1,2,3, NES, and wii)
    I pesrnally think the wii is REALLY overrated.. great for family but the hardcore gamers arent going to have nearly as much fun on it.
    Personaly opinion =P
    edited July 2008
    If Red Octane's founder put as much effort into his product as he does with his Dale Carnegie Program marketing voice, GHWT would be unstoppable.

...seriously, can we get this dude some Valium?
  • leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    ps3 has more games than x box 360
  • wcip1Angelwcip1Angel Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    GRIMM132;864304 said:
    I own most of the modern systems (Xbox, 360, ps1,2,3, NES, and wii)
    I pesrnally think the wii is REALLY overrated.. great for family but the hardcore gamers arent going to have nearly as much fun on it.
    Personaly opinion =P
    I agree. The Wii is outselling their competitors by a huge margin, but they just don't appeal to traditional gamers who prefer big-ass AAA titles such as Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc.

We have a Wii too. But it's not even hooked up to the projector. It's in a plastic bag somewhere in the house. Wii sports was fun the first time but got stale and boring real fast.

But Nintendo did what they set out to do. I didn't think they'd be able to, but they did. They expanded the gaming audience. That's the only explanation I have for it. There has to be millions of kids, housewives and retired people playing with their Wiis. Either that, or there are millions of hardcore gamers all over the world with Wiis in plastic bags.
  • Bass182Bass182 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Not surprised the 360 games are outselling. Most of the Wii's buyers aren't gamers, they're perfectly content with Wii Sports.

PS3 has lower sales, higher cost, and is used purely as a Blu-Ray player by a lot of people.
  • FloodOneFloodOne Headliner
    edited July 2008
    i'll tell you what happened, the sony battleship has been sunk, at least in north america. losing ff exclusive has effectively killed any kind of a stateside comeback. if i didnt have rockband for my PS3, i would sell the thing right now for store credit. but because i DO own rockband, i'll probably still buy ffXIII for my PS3. i just wont be buying a PS4
  • spheresphere Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    What if it's way better than an Xbox 3?
  • AlliterationAmyAlliterationAmy Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    ^ You don't want to turn this into a console war thread, now do you?
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    AlliterationAmy;868424 said:
    ^ You don't want to turn this into a console war thread, now do you?
    The real question here is, do you?
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited July 2008
    leftover_crack;866020 said:
    ps3 has more games than x box 360
    While I don't think that's true (unless you count the PS2 library, which only counts partially since not all PS3s are backwards compatible), there's one detail you might be missing; quantity doesn't equal quality (of course, that's objective based on the player).

I'm curious what data or source you have to back up that statement? If you have it, please share.

I guess I'm skeptical since the 360 had a hefty head start and more launch titles than the PS3 and game production for the PS3, up until recently, was a bit stale. Sorry, but I don't buy it...not without a credible source.
    edited July 2008
    the PS3 doesn't have more games than the 360

didn't mean to stoke a flame war, i was in shock after the announcement. i bought my PS3 a year and a half ago, i couldn't have predicted this then. but i tell you this, if i didn't have $300+ wrapped into RB, i would trade this ****** in right now
  • sorgensorgen Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I learned that Nintendo is, in fact, the only videogame company with ORIGINAL ideas
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited July 2008
    sorgen;868545 said:
    I learned that Nintendo is, in fact, the only videogame company with ORIGINAL ideas
    That, to a certain degree, I agree with. LOL. Kinda sad really.
    edited July 2008
    sorgen;868545 said:
    i agree. too bad they cant get AAA titles made by a 3rd party. it makes me cold inside