Guitar hero - Van Halen/Eages/Metallica

SpydasSpydas Rising Star
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
They just announced on E3 that Van Halen and The Eagles will be exclusive with Guitar Hero World Tour. Also they announced that the new Metallica album Death Magnetic will be able to download as a full album on Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero: World Tour. It will become available side by side as the release of the album. So how does everyone feel about this as a Rock Band player?

Comments

• ProgsterProgster Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Very dissapointed with the Van Halen announcement.
  • SplackavellieSplackavellie Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Guess im going to have to buy GH:WT and wait to buy RB2, if i even decide to buy it.
  • MF-PO'dMF-PO'd Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I'm very happy for the album, but I'm a little scared to see Activision's full album pricing model. Their 3-pack pricing is not the best.
  • strtfghtrstrtfghtr Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I'm buying RB2 and GHWT so I'll wait on the Metallica album buy till GHWT is out.

Well one plus side of exclusivity is I wont have the same songs on both games...a better use of my money
  • bmore007bmore007 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Good thing I'm not really a fan of any of those bands. I'd like to see the rest of GH's set list though.
  • SteelersFreak1SteelersFreak1 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I don't see how The Eagles would translate well into Rock Band or Guitar Hero.
  • edited July 2008
    All GH talk to be kept in the General forums please.
  • xxpigxxxxpigxx Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    If Metallica's new album = St. Anger . . . yay for RB! :D

The exclusiveness on VH and The Eagles . . . sucks but oh well . . . no Hotel California :(
  • chillzatlchillzatl Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    It means nothing to me. I'm invested in Rock Band and they are providing plenty to keep me coming back. I have no interest in chasing songs or bands from one platform to the other. Personally I don't think many people will either.
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I couldn't care less about Van Halen and the Eagles.
    And as far as Metallica goes, everyone already knows their new album is gonna be crap. I'll stick with Battery (and hopefully the rest of Master of Puppets as DLC, please?).
  • spoonytoothspoonytooth Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I hate Metallica so I couldn't care less, but the Eagles and Van Halen being exclusive is a little disappointing, but I like ACDC more than both of those bands.
  • lintballlintball Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    VH is my band. I'll buy both RB2 and GHWT. Other than VH, RB2 rules.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited July 2008
    At first I was sad, but if the Rock Band drums are going to work with GH:WT anyway, we'll just pick up the disc and play it
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited July 2008
    well, RB2 has bob dylan. So by far

Rock Band 2 > Guitar Hero World Tour
  • ViscousZetaViscousZeta Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I love Metallica, but I wish they woulda chose the Harmonix over Activision seeing as Guitar Hero Sucks now...
    I just dont feel confortable with metallica on that game over RB...
    Ah oh well at least RB2 has BATTERY! FTW!
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited July 2008
    Van Halen's catalog is hit or miss (largely miss), and The Eagles aren't much for a game like this (although they'll be great for vocals)... won't really miss either.
  • visualdeityvisualdeity Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    ViscousZeta;860160 said:
    I love Metallica, but I wish they woulda chose the Harmonix over Activision seeing as Guitar Hero Sucks now...
    I just dont feel confortable with metallica on that game over RB...
    Ah oh well at least RB2 has BATTERY! FTW!
    So, GH:A sucks? Cause GH3 certainly didn't suck, it was the best in the series. If Harmonix hadn't stepped it up by offering more instruments and infinitely superior DLC availability, GH3 would've won this round... they took the GH formula and made it better than Harmonix ever did.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited July 2008
    visualdeity;860196 said:
    So, GH:A sucks? Cause GH3 certainly didn't suck, it was the best in the series. If Harmonix hadn't stepped it up by offering more instruments and infinitely superior DLC availability, GH3 would've won this round... they took the GH formula and made it better than Harmonix ever did.
    Whatever hallucinogens you're doing, they must be awesome :)
  • ViscousZetaViscousZeta Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    visualdeity;860196 said:
    I hate Guitar Hero now because when I play it I just dont have fun. Besides the fact is Harmonix did step it up and decided to give people more choice and more fun, and now GH is trying to copy that. All activision is doing is milking it for all its works and not working to make a better game...

Oh and GH2 is way better than 3...
  • visualdeityvisualdeity Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    killer_roach;860262 said:
    Whatever hallucinogens you're doing, they must be awesome :)
    I judge a music game by its set list. GH1 had a great set list, GH2 had a mediocre set list (at best), GH3 had a great set list, and had masters. So GH3, while not having quite as good of a set list as GH1 (that was legendary), has masters to cover the difference.

The gameplay was the exact same (discounting battle mode, which sucked but was optional so meh).

The graphics were far better.

I'm failing to see in what way GH3 was worse than GH2, but that's just me. In every category I see, it was equal or better.
  • SlivedCupWinnerSlivedCupWinner Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    With the release of GH:A, I've been playing a lot of GH and working on those achievements that RB got in the way of. I suspect tomorrow I will be back to playing a lot of RB because of the Who.

For me, I'll play what's fun. RB2 will probably keep me entertained for a while and then I'll grab GH:WT or some GH dlc. While I like RB more, I'll go to what sounds fun at the time. I just wish the red octane guitars didn't have such thick necks, my hand aches after playing on the xplorer/les paul.

While talking about it, I am expecting that the Strat will work on all future GH titles, at least on the xbox. I think M$ may have forced Activision into better compatability, hence the strat working in GH:A. Just a guess, but M$ could say that if Activision wants to release the title on xbox, they have to support all controllers. I just wish it worked on GHII and III because I know I would enjoy those games much more with the strat.
  • SlivedCupWinnerSlivedCupWinner Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    visualdeity;860352 said:
    I judge a music game by its set list. GH1 had a great set list, GH2 had a mediocre set list (at best), GH3 had a great set list, and had masters. So GH3, while not having quite as good of a set list as GH1 (that was legendary), has masters to cover the difference.

The gameplay was the exact same (discounting battle mode, which sucked but was optional so meh).

The graphics were far better.

I'm failing to see in what way GH3 was worse than GH2, but that's just me. In every category I see, it was equal or better.
    I think the big complaint with GHIII, at least from my point of view is that the charts are pretty extreme. Lots of 3 button chords where there really is no need for them. Plus, there is lots of jumping back and forth all over the fret board. As I said in an earlier post, I would enjoy III much more if I could use the strat. I can run up and down that fret a lot easier than I can the LP/xplorer.

But I don't want to speak for everyone, that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like playing III, but RB is much more group friendly. Someone said the other day the difference between the two games is that GH is more about the challenge and RB is more about experiencing the music. I tend to agree. I am a gamer who enjoys a challenge, but at the same time, I also like interacting with the music instead of chasing dots on the screen. That's why I go back and forth between the games.
  • SaltyDawgSaltyDawg Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    So I haven't seen a full setlist for GH:WT yet...

But if they really do have Sublime and Tool (and RB2 doesn't) I will absolutely be buying it (and RB2).
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited July 2008
    SteelersFreak1;859522 said:
    I don't see how The Eagles would translate well into Rock Band or Guitar Hero.
    Hotel California and Life in the Fastlane would both be great but it'd better be Hotel California in GHWT.
  • SaltyDawgSaltyDawg Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Any word if the RB2 instruments will work in GH:WT yet?

That ION drumset is a must have for me (already pre-ordered) and I really want a real guitar and bass modded into Rock band controllers too. It would be awesome if I could also use them in GH:WT. Then I could just get both disks instead of bundles and have the best controllers around...
  • SkynyrdRockerSkynyrdRocker Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    visualdeity;860196 said:
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAH!:D:D:D:D:D

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!??!? GH3 was the best?!??!?!?!??! :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p That game was garbage!!!:):):):):)

Great joke post visualdeity.
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    screw activision and their exclusivity.

I want the EAGLES!!! wtf