Guitar Hero World Tour Gameplay Clips

NitestormNitestorm Opening Act
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Apparently some new clips of the gameplay are available - it looks quite similar to Rock Band overall in my opinion.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36248.html

Comments

• frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited July 2008
    I don't like it at all. Seriously.
  • MrGlass214MrGlass214 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    It does looka bit strange, but I like it. I have high hopes for this game and will probably get the whole bundle, whereas I will only get the RB2 disc. If you look at the backing video, the musicians are actually doing things this time. And it's very cool. Charting is also good.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    frizzy_bj;861630 said:
    I don't like it at all. Seriously.
    I know what you mean Frizzy.... GH:WT = EPIC phail
    edited July 2008
    Zeleii;861656 said:
    I know what you mean Frizzy.... GH:WT = EPIC phail
    I don't like the charting. I never have liked the charting in the GH series.

Oh well. Kudos to those that like it. I won't be buying it.:)
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    Same here that made or broke the game for me...

4 words

LET
    THERE
    BE
    ROCK!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    Could the purple line be any less visible on the drum chart?
    edited July 2008
    Dave;861698 said:
    Is that the bass pedal indicator?

Yikes.....:eek:

I guess I am spoiled with the glowing orange line.
  • R33DH4MR33DH4M Banned
    edited July 2008
    Dave;861698 said:
    lol yea screw that. People having problems now with hitting the bass drum are going to have boatload of problems trying to follow that line.
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    wow. that looks very similar to rock band. but I jsut prefer the rock band interface more.

but if the rock band drums work with GHWT for some crazy reason, then I might possibly buy it.

who am I kidding. I'll have AD/DC and the who. forget create a song.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Is it just me, or are the cartoony, bright graphics an excuse not to make them not suck? That barely looks better than GH3, and I'm being generous.
  • xxpigxxxxpigxx Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    A couple of things:

*Purple bass peddle is hard to see, and it raises on the hit inidicators on the bottom the drum chart.

*Guitar charts are decent . . . but I think RB's are more natural

*What's with the roller coaster ride on the vocals? the pitch indicator is always lit, and there are lines on the vocal chart the whole time (like rollercoster tracks :D ). yech

*Bass looks like bass.
  • mrpoopsymrpoopsy Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    It really is laughable how bad the game looks. Anyone who thinks this looks better then Rock Band is blind.

They have a lot of work to do if they want to beat rock band. Its not always about who has the best songs.
  • NitestormNitestorm Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Having watched the gameplay videos for Rock Band 2 and GH:WT I don't see that much of a difference in the graphics. It's all stylistic at most to me. Like I said earlier, I find the games to be extremely similar.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Dave;861698 said:
    Yeah that's the first thing I noticed.....damn that'll be hard to see in double bass hits.
  • DethBoxxDethBoxx Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I wonder if HMX will have anything to say about them copying the way the kick drum is notated from RB? After all, they can copy from the GH series all they want, but RB is off limits, I would think.
  • Chief StubbsChief Stubbs Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Go figure that the guitar is overcharted and the drums are undercharted, at least on Everlong.
    edited July 2008
    These are pretty straightforward charts, Frizzy BJ. If HMX charted Everlong like that, you'd be praising them endlessly.

Also, the graphics are much better then GHIII. The drummer looks a lot better.

And how the hell are the drums overcharted? That's a dumb statement.
  • FourstringOrionFourstringOrion Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Yikes... This does not sit right with me... To quote Yahtzee:

"While playing this game i feel like someone has thinnly disguised themselves as my bestfriend and i don't know whether he is here for good intentions or to murder me and canibalize my body"

GH:WT makes me VERY uncomfortible....
    edited July 2008
    MrGlass214;862001 said:
    These are pretty straightforward charts, Frizzy BJ. If HMX charted Everlong like that, you'd be praising them endlessly.

And how the hell are the drums overcharted? That's a dumb

statement.
    Actually, if you look at the RB2 chart, it looks better and goes with the song more. GH has 3 note chords were RB has 2 note chords.

The graphics are better . . . but they do not even touch RB graphics.

The drums are UNDERcharted
    edited July 2008
    xxpigxx;862073 said:
    Actually, if you look at the RB2 chart, it looks better and goes with the song more. GH has 3 note chords were RB has 2 note chords.

The graphics are better . . . but they do not even touch RB graphics.

The drums are UNDERcharted
    Well, your graphic statement is null, as they are both shooting for different styles. I am a fan of both game's graphics.

And also, the part in Everlong in which GHWT includes 3 note chords sounds like the chords are heavier, justifying the third note.

And how are the drums undercharted? If you had a reason to say that, then you'd explain.
    edited July 2008
    MrGlass214;862001 said:

And how the hell are the drums overcharted? That's a dumb statement.
    Ummm...

Let me rephrase. I don't like the charts appearance. I don't like the circular notes. I don't like the purple bass pedal indicator line for drums. I don't like the vocal charts.

I never said anything about it being overcharted.

More power to you if you like it. I am not purchasing it though.
    edited July 2008
    Oh, sorry Frizzy (or do I call you BJ?). That was a simple misunderstanding on my part. Everyone has their preferences, and I will say that RB's interface is better when it comes to drums. I will be getting both games, although I own a PS3 (I'm a redheaded stepchild) and am less then excited about the RB2 setlist.
    edited July 2008
    That's okay. No problem.;)
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited July 2008
    The gameplay isn't much different which makes it a straight-forward transition from RB to GH:WT. I don't really care for the lines guiding the vocal note transition. I don't mind the drum bass pedal being coloured but I would prefer a brighter colour to go with the background. The only thing that will make me switch over to the dark side is the setlist.
  • KampfVereinKampfVerein Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    "Sorry, but we couldn't find the movie you requested!"

I assume Guitar Hero: World Tour has been wiped from the media consciousness,
    edited July 2008
    I was just correcting you, and explaining what some folks might say, Mr. Glass.

I could care less one way or the other
    edited July 2008
    Okay, cool. Don't mean to derail this thread, but can I add you? I can play all fake instruments on expert (gotta get the drums replaced, though), and I have a good amount of DLC. Can we put our differences behind us?

By the way, if this post seems like it doesnt fit in, it's because my PC shut off and I rebooted it some time later. I'm talking to Frizzy BJ.
  • RyykeRyyke Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Why does it seem like the notes disappear early on the guitar and bass parts? It's very distracting and annoying.
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    [QUOTE=KampfVerein;862419]"Sorry, but we couldn't find the movie you requested!"

I assume Guitar Hero: World Tour has been wiped from the media consciousness,
  • KampfVereinKampfVerein Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    pmpboarder;863130 said:
    Hahaha! Oh, Kampf. Win. You staying up for The Who tonight?
    Actually, no. Normally I would, but I'm heading to a friend's place tomorrow to run through them. Plus I need to run out and purchase points tomorrow anyway. Not enough to get them all even if I did stay up.