GH:WT Gameplay Trailer (new)

jayt0302jayt0302 Rising Star
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Here it is, sadly RB2 and GH:WT used the same damn song for their trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36248.html

Comments

• jayt0302jayt0302 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I dont hate GH:WT but i seriously dont like how it looks drums and vocals. not knocking the game at all, ill probably get the damn thing eventually, i just dont like how it looks. Maybe thats just BETA who knows
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Stop trying to get me over the dark side..!
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited July 2008
    Agreed Sandman...that looks awful. Is it me, or are the bass notes on drums impossible to see?
  • GartzGartz Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, it truly doesn't look as good as Rock Band.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Wait a second.
    That drummer almost looked like he was drumming, for a moment...
  • HardRocker12HardRocker12 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Jixzer;861965 said:
    Agreed Sandman...that looks awful. Is it me, or are the bass notes on drums impossible to see?
    It's not just you. Dont think you're going crazy or anything. It is very hard to see.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Exayle;861971 said:
    Wait a second.
    Robo-drummer lol (Gh3)
  • ChargedCharged Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    STOP CRITICIZING. WE MUST ALL START PRAISING THE GAME SO ACTIVISION DOESNT COME AROUND OUR FORUMS LOOKIN FOR IDEAS. LET THE "PRAISE" BEGIN NOW SO THE FINISHED PRODUCT IS AS ****TY AS POSSIBLE!!!

Also, Shout out to GH3 recycled graphics! Lookin real good!
  • KeeblerKeebler Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Gotta love the female vocalist singing Everlong, the purple bass notes, and the incredibly small Star Power meters next to each track of notes.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Exayle;861971 said:
    Wait a second.
    No...No...it can't be...:eek:
  • fireshoesfireshoes Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I bought GH2 and GH3, but....um, pass!
  • HardRocker12HardRocker12 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Also, the singer looks like she has no emotion at all.
  • Hannibal LeonHannibal Leon Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    the caps really werent necessary

and now i hate gh more for recycled graphics

and the drums will be destroyed by people that get frustrated easily and are used to rb drums

so all in all

ghwt fails
  • ChargedCharged Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Hannibal Leon;861995 said:
    the caps really werent necessary

and now i hate gh more for recycled graphics

and the drums will be destroyed by people that get frustrated easily and are used to rb drums

so all in all

ghwt fails

Caps are always necessary. How dare you.
  • this_fire_burnsthis_fire_burns Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Ew.. omg this actually hurt my heart.. I was expecting so much more and they failed me! I might still but it.
  • KingydannyKingydanny Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    wow - that looks shocking
    and to me it looks like star power is only a full band thing, from seeing only one star power gauge on the screen, looks to me like some serious work has to be done before release, because what i can see just doesn't cut it.
  • navajonasnavajonas Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    y'all hurt their feelings! movie no longer available.
  • xxpigxxxxpigxx Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    funny . . . everything down to the tralier song is copied :D
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited July 2008
    It's an early build. The WttJ vid of Rock Band's early build looked like crap but everything got smoothed out for the release. I'm giving it a chance.
  • MrGlass214MrGlass214 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Thank you Julio, for being somewhat forgiving.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited July 2008
    I don't know Julio. Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I think they looked back at what they released and thought, "Man, this looks like crap! Pull that vid...it's embarrassing!"

But like I said...maybe I'm just being optimistic.

:)
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    At this point, apart from a few features (such as create-a-song for GH3 or cross-compatible DLC/original songs for RB), the appearance of the game is going to be the biggest difference between the two. And GHWT looks awful. The characters and venues aren't that bad (although I'd have to see more to tell if they actually have valid amounts of animation), but the UI, the very thing that you use to play the game correctly, looks terrible. The fonts and symbols still have a simplistic, even cheap look to them. The bass pedal for drums is going to be very difficult to pick up on. All of the meters and numbers look more difficult to interpret, especially in the heat of a difficult song. It could just be an extension of some of the attitudes carried over from GH3, but it doesn't look at all user-friendly.

If this is indicative of the designs going into the game, they may still retain their hardcore player base, but this is really going to cost them in the casual gamer circle.
    edited July 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;862053 said:
    It's an early build. The WttJ vid of Rock Band's early build looked like crap but everything got smoothed out for the release. I'm giving it a chance.
    The difference here is that the WttJ wasn't intended to be released to the public as a big advertisement to bring people into playing. It was an early build, and the developers acknowledged that enough to not officially release it. This is different -- this is Activision saying this is what you can expect from our game. Come buy it.
  • OzzyOzzy Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Vid not working ><

I wanna see how bad it looks... :D
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Ultrace;862106 said:
    The difference here is that the WttJ wasn't intended to be released to the public as a big advertisement to bring people into playing. It was an early build, and the developers acknowledged that enough to not officially release it. This is different -- this is Activision saying this is what you can expect from our game. Come buy it.
    But we didn't know that when the vid came out. That was the very first vid of Rock Band, this is the very first vid of GHWT. That's the whole point of releasing early videos (similar to how movie producers and directors "leak" info early so it can be scrutinized and fixed before they are set in stone) so the public can tell you what you're doing right or wrong.
    edited July 2008
    Hmmm, I believe I pulled the Gametrailers file from my cache as an FLV... Now I just need to figure out how to make it available.
  • insertname155insertname155 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little, that looks absolutely terrible. Everything is crammed into the screen so tight that you can barely see anything. And I really like how they not only took the concept, but then placed the instruments in exactly the same layout, drums middle, vocals at the top with the same pitch bar and everything. If Red Octane or Activision ever had an original idea their head would explore, splattering the wall behind them with the re-used idea of every game designer who actually had some shred of talent in the first place.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited July 2008
    Ultrace;862228 said:
    Hmmm, I believe I pulled the Gametrailers file from my cache as an FLV... Now I just need to figure out how to make it available.
    You can convert FLV files to AVI or whatever with this:
    http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

So about that trailer, I won't rehash what everybody else has already said about the purple kick notes and the robot characters from GH3. But I will say this:

Did anybody else notice how oddly they had to chart the drum fills because of the layout of their kit? Like the one they showed in Everlong, where it's a roll down the toms... Their floor tom is the right-most track, but the crash cymbal is just to the left of that. So the fill goes:

---*- (crash)
    ----* (floor)
    --*--
    --*-- (tom 1)
    *----
    *----
    *----
    *---- (snare)

Sorry about the horrible art, but hey, it's ASCII :)

So yeah, their drum lanes go:

red - yellow - blue - orange - green
    (Snare - hihat - tom - crash/ride - tom)

That won't be awkward at ALL :rolleyes:
  • navajonasnavajonas Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    here is a screen shot before the vid was taken down
    326 x 280 - 22K