I laughed so hard...

shanew21shanew21 Opening Act
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
when the Guitar Hero guy announced the Metallica Death Magnetic album and did the rock sign at Microsoft's E3 conference. Seemed so out of place lol. He seemed so enthusiastic.

Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=AFQ5TFC41-k

Comments

• VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I'm here to talk about... Guitar hero...! (not sure what to use there)

*crickets*

lol the most songs = 4-5 more than rock band 2 (but no free DLC XD)

So they have and REM track pack and Metallica Death Magnetic

But the DLC from GH3 doesn't transfer over and you can't get songs from the first game

Yeahhhhhhhhhh
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Ya I think HMX and Konami would have a bone to pick about who invented the concept.
  • ForgottenHeroForgottenHero Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I laughed when he talked about how GH:WT will have the most songs ever in a music game, and then Alex came out a couple minutes later (After that god awful singing from that girl, seriously I wanted to kill her) and completely owned Activision with their announcement of 84 songs plus 20 free songs.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Vedicardi;862898 said:
    ...and you can't get songs from the first game
    And what would be done about the drums and vocals if you *could* import disc songs from previous GH titles?
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
  • FiveSecondFuseFiveSecondFuse Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    It gets more funny every time he pauses for a applause, it just gets more akward and MUCH MORE FUNNY! :D:D:D
  • MichuraMichura Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I laughed so hard when these random losers on the internet were making fun of somebody who probably has a much better job than all of them combined. :D
  • KaYotiXKaYotiX Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Yeah the crowd didnt seem to enthused at all. I love the fact he was so pumped up but nobody cared......

Hell he can have the new Metallica album......id rather have the old stuff anyways.
  • ChargedCharged Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Who is this guy? He worked for HMX or something? I didnt know he invented Guitar Hero /sarcasm]
  • killerewokkillerewok Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I was glad to see the crowd was very quiet for GH announcements, but good ole' Alex got lots of applause. I love it.
  • FiveSecondFuseFiveSecondFuse Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Charged;862956 said:
    Who is this guy? He worked for HMX or something? I didnt know he invented Guitar Hero /sarcasm]

That bugged me also when he made that comment about "thinking up" Guitar Hero... I laughed so HARDCORE
  • TheMantisLULZTheMantisLULZ Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    "Is going to...for the first time, let people make and share music from around the world."

Haha, so Activision invented musical instruments and the internet too?
  • mazzymazzy Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Well, sounds like the Eagles and Van Halen are exclusive... their loss. No mention of Metallica being exclusive.

I really do not see how that is good for a band? Yes you may get one nice big pay check, but GH is going to pay you anyways.... why not also get nice big pay checks from others....
  • JimmikJimmik Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    That poor guy seemed so nervous...

I'm not threatened! Old R.E.M. is superior to the new R.E.M., and new Metallica isn't up my alley quite at all...Oh well. Keep on tryin, Activision :P
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    TheMantisLULZ;862983 said:
    "Is going to...for the first time, let people make and share music from around the world."

apparently. they also invented popcorn and the space shuttle. :D

thier offerings sucked. new metallica and rem? wow. we have AC/DC. beat that.

(i wish we had van halen and the eagles)
  • brownbulletsbrownbullets Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    he's not a very good public speaker... but i don't think alex did a very good job either, better than this guy for sure. its gotta be nerve racking though.. still, the metallica thing was pretty goofy
    edited July 2008
    TheMantisLULZ;862983 said:

Lmfao.

10 chars.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited July 2008
    Michura;862940 said:
    I laughed so hard when these random losers on the internet were making fun of somebody who probably has a much better job than all of them combined. :D
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so funny

sarcasm
    edited July 2008
    Jimmik;863000 said:
    That poor guy seemed so nervous...

I'm not threatened! Old R.E.M. is superior to the new R.E.M., and new Metallica isn't up my alley quite at all...Oh well. Keep on tryin, Activision :P
    R.E.M. just released a new cd like 4-5 months ago didn't they? I remember they came on The Colbert Report to showcase a song or two. Old REM is far superior though. Their new stuff is garbage.
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    This guy is completely full of it. When he and his brother conceived of guitar hero? Are you kidding me? And I loved it when he said, "For the first time in music and video game history, Guitar Hero will have Metallica's highly-anticipated new album Death Magnetic." Completely wrong language for that. It wasn't around during the history which he referenced, good grief.

And they're releasing the album twice? Wonder if that means people who buy GH3 and World Tour will have to pay for it twice.

I can't believe people are even considering that garbage.
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I think Activision is going to be really surprised at how much people don't care about GH:WT. With the announcement of RB2, it has become even LESS exciting.
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    FiveSecondFuse;862979 said:
    That bugged me also when he made that comment about "thinking up" Guitar Hero... I laughed so HARDCORE
    He's from Red Octane.
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Does anyone have a link to HMX's presentation? I missed it :(
  • Bass182Bass182 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    FiveSecondFuse;862979 said:

I'm 90% sure Red Octane approached Harmonix about making Guitar Hero (I think they were gonna do a hip hop game.
  • TigerbotTigerbot Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I'm the type of person that can't stand to see someone humiliate themselves, and I almost had to stop watching when he attempted to use the horns...
    Charged;863053 said:
    R.E.M. just released a new cd like 4-5 months ago didn't they? I remember they came on The Colbert Report to showcase a song or two. Old REM is far superior though. Their new stuff is garbage.
    Yes, they did, and this is how REM is currently for me: Old stuff > New stuff > Old New Stuff (AKA The new album is actually very good)...
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited July 2008
    lol @ Entire album available for DL first for Guitar Hero 3 , and then again in the fall for Guitar Hero World Tour.

Suckers get to DL it 2 times if they wanna play it on the next installment ! lol
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I actually noticed when he waited for a standing ovation at around 11 seconds in...

"...GUITAR HERO!" *pumps fist slowly

I don't like how they put 'Exclusive Van Halen and The Eagles...then Metallica's new album." Hidden message there.

Oh, and the horns were out of place.
  • SWBIgG4lifeSWBIgG4life Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Im so glad that HMX blew them out of the water.
  • KingForADayKingForADay Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    haha, i laughed at the guy when he said that he and his brother first though up the idea for guitar hero. Even if that's true...i doubt it's true! I'm still interested in the game, but this guy isn't a great public speaker by any means. Sounded liek a nervous kid running for class president...