GHWT Turning into RB Forums

xXMrMattMattXxxXMrMattMattXx Opening Act
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
So I decided to hop onto the guitar hero forums to see if theres any news on their setlist yet, and pretty much every post on their forums is about rockband discussing out setlist. We have taken over!

Comments

• Sgt PepperSgt Pepper Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Kinda like how every post here used to be about GH's setlist? :D
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Sgt Pepper;863603 said:
    Kinda like how every post here used to be about GH's setlist? :D
    yeah. I hated that. everyone talked about GHWT, on the ROCK BAND FORUMS. why can't people seem to get that?
  • an1m051tyan1m051ty Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I dunno I can't stay on the GH forums for more than a few minutes without being annoyed. The way the forums look, that website setup is atrocious.

And there is this whole air of whiny-ness about them. For example, its rumored GH will have different DLC based on the system or something, and some kid asked for the mario or pokemon theme songs. :rolleyes:
  • Room_on_FireRoom_on_Fire Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Yeah. People can put things on the computer according to the thoughts at the time.

I said Dead on Arrival wouldn't be too bad because it sounds a little punkish.

Phuque me right?
  • SegnosaurSegnosaur Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    an1m051ty;863649 said:
    I dunno I can't stay on the GH forums for more than a few minutes without being annoyed. The way the forums look, that website setup is atrocious.

And there is this whole air of whiny-ness about them. For example, its rumored GH will have different DLC based on the system or something, and some kid asked for the mario or pokemon theme songs. :rolleyes:
    for the record pokemon theme = the very definition of win
    edited July 2008
    Segnosaur;863659 said:
    for the record pokemon theme = the very definition of win
    i would buy that just for laughs. on rock band I mean.

mario would be awesome if they could somehow make that a "band" song.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited July 2008
    guitar hero=evil
    never discuss about their forums again
  • TarzanmanTarzanman Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Gotta catch'em all!
  • ForgottenHeroForgottenHero Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    No no people....Power Rangers Theme Song = Win
  • bdfootball63bdfootball63 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    ForgottenHero;863685 said:
    Amen. That would be an epic win.
  • deediaredeediare Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I couldn't agree more.
    edited July 2008
    how could I forget? that song would be the best ever.

at least we get Tenacious D! :D
  • Alonzo1948Alonzo1948 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    bdfootball63;863693 said:
    Amen. That would be an epic win.
    Power Rangers theme >>>>> GH:WT setlist
  • ELDUDEARINO69ELDUDEARINO69 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    You Give me... Mario + Pokemon + POWER RANGERS!?!?!

That might get me switch over...

Not. EVEN though I would love to have those. I like stupid crap like that
  • SojaSoja Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    deediare;863715 said:
    I couldn't agree more.
    If I agreed more, I'd be wrong.
  • l3os4ysFOSHOWl3os4ysFOSHOW Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    yea i just noticed that too

ROCK BAND 2 all the way!
  • AnayalataAnayalata Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I'd pay triple the normal DLC rate for that.
    100% Epic Win
  • erickOnasis412erickOnasis412 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Power Rangers theme? Are we all forgetting about Macho Man Randy Savage's album? Buddy system style
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Is it me, or does everyone on the Guitar Hero Forums sound like they're 12? No offense to any intellectual 12 year olds out there. But it's not as good a site...
  • NegativeCreepNegativeCreep Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    l-o-t;864017 said:
    Is it me, or does everyone on the Guitar Hero Forums sound like they're 12? No offense to any intellectual 12 year olds out there. But it's not as good a site...
    Lol I hat going on Guitar Hero's site. They are all barbaric on that site. :D
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    "THEY TOOK CARRY ON WAYWARD SON! F*CK YOU RB! F**************************************************************************
    ****************CK YOU!"

This made me laugh, do they know that GH2 was made by Harmonix?

man, I feel dumber for reading some of that forum....all the fave lists were "disturbed, avenged sevenfold, metallica, megadeth, ect."

ugh, that forum hurts my brain. and they actually think their 85 songs is all that much better than our 84 on disc, and 20 more free. after reading their ignorance, I Can't help but appreciate the level of intelligence expressed on this board.
  • edited July 2008
    When I read the topic, I had a really mean, funny, mean, mean funny, comment I wanted to type. But in the interests of forum peace and co-existence, I must keep it to myself. :(

It was really good though, I just want you to know. Sig worthy.
    edited July 2008
    Apples;864220 said:
    When I read the topic, I had a really mean, funny, mean, mean funny, comment I wanted to type. But in the interests of forum peace and co-existence, I must keep it to myself. :(

send it to me in a message. I won't tell nobody. :D

please?
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Apples;864220 said:

you have to say it now!

oh, and also:
    Fails:
    6. Avenged Sevenfold Almost Easy 2000s
    18. Disturbed Down with the Sickness 2000s
    47. Paramore That's What You Get 2000s
    54. Rush The Trees 1970s
    yes, someone actually said Rush was a fail!
  • edited July 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;864241 said:
    send it to me in a message. I won't tell nobody. :D

please?
    It was something about the quality of our forum population in comparison to other forum populations.

I forget the exact words, and its probably a good thing. :p
  • CENACHAINGANG54CENACHAINGANG54 Hardware Guru
    edited July 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;863665 said:
    i would buy that just for laughs. on rock band I mean.

mario would be awesome if they could somehow make that a "band" song.
    Hey man the Pokemon theme was great on Donkey Konga.
  • coolcool23coolcool23 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    There is a definite split forming among Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I would argue the following points:

1. Guitar Hero is much more casual. (Until recently) The entry price point was much more reasonable which was easier for people to buy and "jump into." Because of this, it appeals to those who don't want to end up spending a huge chunk of change. I wish that Activision would release numbers on this, but it will never happen: I would teorize that many, many, many more copies of GH:WT are sold individually than the bundles. Probably about a 3 or 4:1 ratio IMO. And that's assuming that it will have better sales than rock band.

2. Guitar Hero appeals to a much more mainstream audience, whereas Rock Band is for true music aficianados. As stated before, Guitar Hero 3 and World Tour (likely) Will contain a lot of mainstream songs that say, recieve a ton of airplay on alternative rock stations. "Modern Rock" if I might. Rock Band definitely skews towards an older audience and one that is playing the game for the music, not just the game.

3. Guitar Hero tends to skew towards a very competitive audience. Not once in Rock Band have I heard negative comments about playing online unless someone say, plays on a difficulty and fails immediately because they obviously picked a difficulty they couldn't handle. Two out of three separate (and only) times that I have played GH3 online, I have been berated by the person playing me because they were "crushing me." There were much worse things said as we were playing, BTW that I care not to mention here and this was with MY headset off. As I mentioned earlier, Rock Band players are interested in metworking with friends and enjoying the music when they play well, on any difficulty.

That being said, if you spend time reading any "GH vs. RB" threads on the guitar hero forums, you'll likely wait about .000005 seconds before you hear people saying how "easy" the rock band charts are and how there's "no challenge" compared to the Guitar hero charts while people who play Rock Band often say the opposite about Guitar Hero.

This comes from a person who has RB and GH3 and plans on getting RB2 and probably GH:WT if I can get it cheap, used.

To sum up, Guitar Hero caters to a competitive, solo audience that is always looking for a challenge and doesn't have "bottomless" pockets.

Rock Band is aimed towards all music lovers who enjoy playing with friends and enjoying a small challenge at the same time. They also are willing to fork out some money, when asked as evidenced by the DLC scheme that seems to be working TOO well for Harmonix...
  • HailthHailth Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Forget Mario... that's too obvious, too good. Give us another joke song like Still Alive and whip out something from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and put words to it about having uncontrollable urges to chase fat guys and jump on them.
  • DuckDodgersDuckDodgers Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I'd pay $10 for that... Seriously, I would.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited July 2008
    GH Forums seem to have a much higher level of teenagers.

And the inability to quote there makes me cry.