Rock Blog Monday 10/29/07

edited October 2007 in Announcements
I'm going to be going to New York tomorrow to do a radio show on Sirius. I'm going to take the Acela train in the morning! Toot toot! This is my first time, sorry if I am acting eight. What does this mean to you? Nothing. Just be nice to John. He's easily frightened by loud noises.

I had this conversation last night with my girlfriend about how awesome it is to live in Boston right now. Sox won the World Series. Patriots look less like a football team so much as a cyborg unit from the future sent back to destroy every record that currently exists. The Celtics are a team again. Boston College is somehow amazing. Some dude from here won the Nobel award. The Departed won all sorts of awards. And in one year we're putting out both Bioshock and Rock Band. Holy crap. It is like I am living in Bizarro Boston. At least the weather sucks or else everyone would hate us!

I want to make you more fully aware of the Battle of the Bands currently going on. 10 of the bravest gaming sites are currently competing in a 4 round Rock Band tournament. We are partnering with Scorehero for this as, let's be honest, no one does it better than they do. They are incredible. They wrote the rules for the tournament, set up the system by which scores are kept, and are hosting the site where you can (and should) see the current standings. Who are you rooting for?

Scorehero's Battle of the Bands site

Comments

• edited October 2007
    Wow, that looks amazing!

I kind of want 1up to win (watch the 1up show, love the guys), but if Gamespy has Sluggo; it'll be no contest on songs like "Green Grass and High Tides".
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Red Sox forever!
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    It is quite awesome to be living in Boston right now.
  • SmokaColaSmokaCola Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Lmao Gamespy's band name "Ninjaplease". Amazing.
  • MartyMcFlyMartyMcFly Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    It's awesome to live in Boston right now. Everything is great!

Can't wait to see who wins that BOB.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Yeah i've been a Massachusetts sports fan my whole life and never has it been so rewarding. It's good to see that all those years of torture and pain are finally starting to be forgoten. Now it's time for the Patriots, Eagles (BC), Celtics and Bruins to win.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Ooh nice, I wish I got Sirius radio, I would try and listen in. Acela trains are pretty cool, I usually take them home from school.

Will you be in Philly this weekend for the tour Sean? You should come, I'll definately be there Friday, and possibly some of the other days over the weekend.

Boston is doing too good in sports right now. Patriots are unstoppable, and Red Sox dominated the world series, I envy Boston fans right now, they are extremely lucky to have such good teams doing what they are doing.

I don't know who to cheer on for this Rock Band battle of the bands, I kind of want gamespot to win, I don't know why. It looks like they could have a chance, but they have some work to do against 1UP and Gamespy.
  • coheedfailscoheedfails Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    whoo hoo for Gamespot!
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Sean, being from Springfield (you know, the often forgotten other city in the state), I agree with you about all the cool stuff going on in sports in NE right now.... I love how you left off the Bruins...

YAY BRUINS! (crickets)
  • edited October 2007
    Been a Patriots fan since Steve Grogan was quarterback and the days of the ugly old mascot/logo. Back in the day, the Pats were lovable losers while my other favorite team, San Francisco, were unstopable winners.

Fortunes are quite reversed these days, but I don't mind. Brady to Moss is just as satisfying as Montana to Rice. :cool:
  • Angry_GamesAngry_Games Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;96047 said:
    I'm going to be going to New York tomorrow to do a radio show on Sirius. I'm going to take the Acela train in the morning! Toot toot! This is my first time, sorry if I am acting eight. What does this mean to you? Nothing. Just be nice to John. He's easily frightened by loud noises.

I had this conversation last night with my girlfriend about how awesome it is to live in Boston right now. Sox won the World Series. Patriots look less like a football team so much as a cyborg unit from the future sent back to destroy every record that currently exists. The Celtics are a team again. Boston College is somehow amazing. Some dude from here won the Nobel award. The Departed won all sorts of awards. And in one year we're putting out both Bioshock and Rock Band. Holy crap. It is like I am living in Bizarro Boston. At least the weather sucks or else everyone would hate us!

*ahem*

and the Boston Bruins are actually winning more games than they are losing (and winning big games that they couldn't win for the last 10 years)

Don't be fooling around no more hmxsean and ignoring hockey. Lest your Patriots lose to the Dolphins. Or you end up with me in your band. If that happens, you will find out what trouble really is. Especially if you give me the microphone. You'll wish for whatever is worse than death. I promise.

edit: ps read the battle thing from Gamespy's perspective, but I'm not really interested in that. I'm more interested in hearing about online co-op/career. I went ahead and re-purchased a Gold Xbox Live membership again today because I bought Guitar Hero 3, but mostly because I knew I'd need it again when Rock Band came out (but might as well get some GH3 action in for a few weeks right?).

MORE CO-OP CAREER COVERAGE! Or I'll start singing NOW...
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Sean,

What channel and time? I usually listen to Howard at work, but I'd like to tune in to this!
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    I feel a bit sorry for IGN's Ignorant Sluts, down there in Eigth place. Come on IGN!
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Hate to break it to you Sean, but in regards to sports fans across the world...we do currently hate Boston, bad weather or no. I can't fault you all for your contributions to the gaming world, as they directly improve my life, but especially being from St. Louis...the Patriots and Red Sox have earned much hate. You ruined the Marshall Faulk era and threatened to destroy the Albert Pujols era before last year's miracle World Series. Rematch in '08? You bet...

I do find the Patriots fascinating this year. Pretty sure Belichek is the devil himself. Nice having Moss on my fantasy team though...
  • EastwoodEastwood Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Belicheck uses the Game Genie on pro football... Shows the defenses plays before the snap :p

Mid - 90's Cowboys dynasty still better than current Patriots. Win one more, I'll back away from that table...

To bad, Sean, I have XM...
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2007
    Bills are going to be the team this season that ruins the Patriots' winning-streak. Right? Right!??!??

I'm going to go back to weeping now.
  • RkBndDrmrRkBndDrmr Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    HMXJohnlok;96679 said:
    Bills are going to be the team this season that ruins the Patriots' winning-streak. Right? Right!??!??

I'm going to go back to weeping now.
    ROFLMAO...Well you did have that one good game against the Colts back in 97

And they are in second place in the AFC east. Here....have a tissue.
  • edited October 2007
    AdamBomb629;96257 said:

YAY BRUINS! (crickets)
    Never heard of them.
  • edited October 2007
    Eastwood;96603 said:

Mid - 90's Cowboys dynasty still better than current Patriots. Win one more, I'll back away from that table...
    Yeah but the mid-90's Cowboys weren't a cyborg team from the future sent back to dismantle the past. They were just won big games. These Patriots don't bleed when you cut them they just get even.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Fun fact: I live in a smallish town near Vancouver, and we used to have a minor hockey league here a few years back. However... Our arena was always jampacked, so they built a whole new arena and we got bumped up to the WHL, the league just under the NHL.

Along with that, our new team...

Never thought I'd be cheering for the bruins, but whaddya know =P Were doing awesome this year too, had the 3rd best expansion team opening last year and now we're 10-4-1 =D
  • edited October 2007
    We already do hate you. Well, Boston, not Harmonix. We love Harmonix.

(Spoken by a New Yorker who grew up in Cleveland. At least unlike the Rockies, we put up a fight.)
  • edited October 2007
    Edgehopper;97778 said:
    We already do hate you. Well, Boston, not Harmonix. We love Harmonix.

(Spoken by a New Yorker who grew up in Cleveland. At least unlike the Rockies, we put up a fight.)
    Nothing but respect for Cleveland and Colorado. Very good teams to watch all season.
  • Emo_ReaperEmo_Reaper Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;97787 said:
    Nothing but respect for Cleveland and Colorado. Very good teams to watch all season.
    Yea,Cleveland just fell apart. I have to say,Im glad the Red Sox one,Colorado was just..bad.