I Know It's A Nice Car, But WTF?

FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
So I bought a 2008 Chevy Cobalt Revolution http://68.58.151.87/car/angle.jpg and this morning I go to get gas because I'm on "E". I open the gas cover, which doesn't lock on this car, and someone apparently cut off my gas cap and tried to siphon my tank last night.

My only solace is I had no gas to steal, but dammit they got my gas cap.

Seriously, wtf?

Sorry, I just felt the need to vent my frustration. Now I have to go to AutoZone and buy a locking cap.

I'm two days away from making my first car payment, by the by.

Comments

• frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited July 2008
    That sucks! (Nice car BTW).

I suppose with gas prices soaring, there are going to be more and more incidents like this.:(
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited July 2008
    Man, that sucks. Hopefully the person that did that will accidentally ingest gasoline from the next car he tries to steal gas from and die a horrible, painful death.

Anyway, congrats on the new car! :)
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited July 2008
    You don't f*ck with another man's vehicule . :D Once I had kids shoot paintball on my car. I even had one of my *rare* Mazdaspeed emblem stolen. Thank god, I moved into a quieter place. Now my car is kinda *hidden*.
  • frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited July 2008
    sillystou;865099 said:
    You don't f*ck with another man's automobile. :D Once I had kids shoot paintball on my car. I even had one of my *rare* Mazdaspeed emblem stolen. Thank god, I moved into a quieter place. Now my car is kinda *hidden*.

Someone stole the Honda emblem off of my car once. I hope they had "fun" with that.:rolleyes:
  • IslandBoy91IslandBoy91 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    lol you can't even siphon gas outta the new cars...or it's really hard at least. (I tried it once, don't worry, I was trying to transfer gas from one of my families cars to the next...nothing illegal ;))

But yeah, I can see where those crooks were coming from...Gas is $4.65 over here :eek:
  • spheresphere Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Try living in Canada, where we get charged per litre.... $1.40 per litre, to be ballparking. Comes to around $5.50-5.60/gal... and the only vehicle I can drive is a 2000 Chevy Silverado. :s good $150 to fill that bastard up...

Oh but back on topic, nice car you have there, you pay cash?
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    That sucks :/ Makes me glad that my gas cap covering locks.
    Nice looking car though :)
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Steeling gas!?!? things are getting out of hand...:confused:

Can you go to jail for stealing gas from another car?! if so for how long? any lawers out there?
  • crazyanimalcrazyanimal Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    We should expect more and more of this to happen at the current rate gas prices are going. Yeah, I imagine that you could be charged with a misdemeanor for property theft, but I don't know if you'd get jail time, I'm not a lawer, sorry.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited July 2008
    LZ_69;865771 said:
    Can you go to jail for stealing gas from another car?! if so how long? any lawers out there?
    Yes, you can. It's like stealing any other property beloning to someone else. The punishment varies from state to state. In MN, theft of property valued at less than $500 is punishable by "imprisonment for not more than 90 days or payment of a fine of not more than $1,000, or both".
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited July 2008
    If stealing gas isn't a crime, then I know what I'm doing tonight...

Also, I didn't pay cash, otherwise I wouldn't have a payment due in two days.

I think the thing that irks me the most about this (since I didn't lose any gas,) is they took my gas cap. What are they going to do with my gas cap? It's specific to the car. I mean, did they lose their gas cap off their recent Cobalt?

It's funny; there are 3 new Cobalts in my parking lot, aside from mine. One is the exact same Revolution package. I should check all their cars and see if they have a gas cap severed from the car (since the car's cap is tethered to the vehicle). That'd be interesting, wouldn't it?