If EA/MTV/HMX is smart (concerning the Wii version of RB2)

nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
I think they need to announce their plans for the Wii version of RB2 (features) before GH:WT comes out. I'll be honest, I'm currently planning on buying GH:WT, but if it ends up that RB2 will have comparable features, such as DLC (the only must-have feature as far as I'm concerned), it could give me a reason to wait, or at least just get GH:WT game only, and have it as a guitar-only thing, and make RB my full band game.

Comments

• nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I wish I could go back and edit my thread title. Of course EA/MTV/HMX aren't stupid companies. I'm betting they will probably do something like this to take the wind out of Activison's sails a bit, as Activision has done to them in the past.
  • spheresphere Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    How would you even store DLC, I didn't think the Wii had any onboard storage...
  • crazyanimalcrazyanimal Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    You won't see any DLC for the Wii until Nintendo comes up with some sort of a large storage device capable of high transfer speeds. It only has 512 MB of built in flash memory. There's the whole SD card thing too, but I'm not sure about the whole technical aspect of those or if they could even transfer the vast amount of data needed fast enough.

I would get on Nintendo's case to get on a external USB hard drive peripheral, if I were you. No, actually if I were you I would have already sold my Wii and bought a PS3. :) (sorry, I had to)
  • NitestormNitestorm Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    sphere;865840 said:
    How would you even store DLC, I didn't think the Wii had any onboard storage...
    The Wii has internal storage but only up to 512 megabytes (and not all of that is available either). Extra storage comes in the form of SD cards, where up to 2 gigabyte cards are supported and certain 4 gigabyte models have been reported to work as well.
  • NitestormNitestorm Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    crazyanimal;865934 said:
    You won't see any DLC for the Wii until Nintendo comes up with some sort of a large storage device capable of high transfer speeds. It only has 512 MB of built in flash memory. There's the whole SD card thing too, but I'm not sure about the whole technical aspect of those or if they could even transfer the vast amount of data needed fast enough.

I would get on Nintendo's case to get on a external USB hard drive peripheral, if I were you. No, actually if I were you I would have already sold my Wii and bought a PS3. :) (sorry, I had to)
    I'm pretty sure many others have brought this up before, but Vicarious Visions apparently has DLC working on the Wii version of GH:WT by allowing you to store the content on the internal memory and/or SD cards. The implementation details are still not entirely clear, but it is implied (not confirmed) that you can play directly off the card. Perhaps whatever presentation Activision has at E3 may answer these questions. In any case, the key thing is that they say they have it working.
  • crazyanimalcrazyanimal Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Well, if they indeed have it working, that is good news. The next hurdle is going to be total storage space. On the Wiki article for the Wii specs, it says that it only reckognizes up to 2GB of storage on the SD cards (not sure if that is accurate). If that is true, then that will be rather limiting. Just something to consider...