so, i'm curious.......

grumpypariahgrumpypariah Opening Act
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
now that most of the info is out on Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour.......

anyone change their purchase plans?

i'm actually thinking of passing on Guitar Hero, and possibly waiting to borrow it from someone.

the other day i traded in GH III. hadn't touched it since March or so.

with the features and DLC of Rock Band........why bother? IMHO

Comments

• sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited July 2008
    The poll is missing options... From the start I was only going to pick up RB2. And I haven't changed my mind.
  • v1g1lance1v1g1lance1 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I was willing to give GH:WT a look if it got good reviews, and had a good setlist. I had every intention of getting RB2, but was willing to possibly get BOTH titles if they were both spectacular.

That said, after watching the gameplay video for GH:WT there seems no way that this will be even slightly interesting. IMO, it's pretty obvious Activision dropped the ball in a BIG way with the game mechanics and UI.

The only thing I regret about not going with GH:WT is that I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to play Tool (ie: Drum Danny Carey) and that isn't in RB - for the moment at least. That said, the charting even for drums (see DavidShek's post on the awkward flow of rolls) makes it seem like it'd be a miserable experience anyway so ultimately there's no loss.

Peace,
    Ian
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Haven't changed.

Was going to get both (game only) and still going to get both (game only). Holding out for a drumset that will work with both games.
  • crazyanimalcrazyanimal Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    sillystou;866980 said:
    The poll is missing options... From the start I was only going to pick up RB2. And I haven't changed my mind.
    ten letters
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited July 2008
    As soon as we find out whether or not guitars and drums work on both, I'll make my decision.
  • wcip1Angelwcip1Angel Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Rock band instruments and songlist are forwards compatible with RB2. You'll be able to import all RB songs into RB2's songlist, so you don't have to switch discs if you're playing RB2 with friends and someone asks to play Enter Sandman.
  • Mikey803Mikey803 Headliner
    edited July 2008
    2 words why I'm getting Rock Band 2

Master Exploder...
  • AnarchyintheUKAnarchyintheUK Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I was planning on getting just a guitar and a disk of GHWT aswell as a disk and a guitar for Rock Band 2 but now I realise save the money and just get Rock Band 2 and guitar and buy a lot of DLC.
    edited July 2008
    adding a third word....

Painkiller...
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited July 2008
    I'm still on the fence about buying either game.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    I'm getting RB2

8 words

The Trees, Panic Attack, That's What You Get... I'm really excited about those...
    edited July 2008
    adding two more

Peace Sells
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited July 2008
    GHWT went from maybe to for sure.
    RB 2 went from for sure to maybe.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited July 2008
    I was going to buy Rock Band 2 only anyway but quite a few songs interests me enough to get it for sure. The rest of the songs I don't list are still good but are not quite the highlights.

Allman Brothers “Ramblin’ Man” 1970’s
    Dream Theater “Panic Attack” 2000’s
    Fleetwood Mac “Go Your Own Way” 1970’s
    Jethro Tull “Aqualung” 1970’s
    Judas Priest “Painkiller” 1990’s
    Kansas “Carry On Wayward Son” 1970’s
    Megadeth “Peace Sells” 1980’s
    Metallica “Battery” 1980’s
    Motorhead “Ace of Spades” 1980’s
    Rush “The Trees” 1970’s
    Soundgarden “Spoonman” 1990’s
    Talking Heads “Psycho Killer” 1970’s
    Tenacious D “Master Exploder” 2000’s
    Testament “Souls of Black” 1990’s
    The Grateful Dead “Alabama Getaway” 1980’s
    The Guess Who “American Woman” 1970’s
    The Who “Pinball Wizard” 1960’s

As you can see, my metal needs have been satisfied quite well, like I said, I think the setlist is great.
    Rock_Starman;868202 said:
    GHWT went from maybe to for sure.
    RB 2 went from for sure to maybe.
    Out of curiosity, what makes you want to get Guitar Hero:World Tour? I haven't heard much from the audience that are very positive about what we have seen from GH:WT so far.
  • sorgensorgen Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    i'll probably get RB2 game only and GH:WT bundle. I really like the option to create songs in GH:WT, but i hope the songlist is good.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited July 2008
    JukeBoxHero;868286 said:

Out of curiosity, what makes you want to get Guitar Hero:World Tour? I haven't heard much from the audience that are very positive about what we have seen from GH:WT so far.
    Pretty much having the attitude that it can't be any worse than RB2 song wise and I want new songs to play. I'm rather displeased with the RB2 setlist but I'm still considering it for the great features and much needed new places to play. I'll still have my DLC,"most" of the RB1 songs and the 12 I do like on the RB2 list but only those 12 would be new,pretty much buying RB1 again. Maybe the 20 free DLs will be better but I don't know if I need RB2 to get those.

I'd take Santeria and Stranglehold over 74 of the 75 RB2 songs (Pinball Wizard being the one) and if they're not stupid,I'd take Hotel California over all 75 combined. So barring any major screw ups and based on GH Aerosmith they've learned their lesson so there probably won't be,I'm sure I'll get it. If they really do have Hendrix and The Doors then it's all over right there.

I don't play drums (haven't even finished medium in RB),already have the GH3 guitar and even though I'd have that on the PS3 and RB on the 360 I think the RB mic will work so I can get the game by itself and get 3 of the 4.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Rock_Starman;868527 said:
    Pretty much having the attitude that it can't be any worse than RB2 song wise and I want new songs to play. I'm rather displeased with the RB2 setlist but I'm still considering it for the great features and much needed new places to play. I'll still have my DLC,"most" of the RB1 songs and the 12 I do like on the RB2 list but only those 12 would be new,pretty much buying RB1 again. Maybe the 20 free DLs will be better but I don't know if I need RB2 to get those.

I'd take Santeria and Stranglehold over 74 of the 75 RB2 songs (Pinball Wizard being the one) and if they're not stupid,I'd take Hotel California over all 75 combined. So barring any major screw ups and based on GH Aerosmith they've learned their lesson so there probably won't be,I'm sure I'll get it. If they really do have Hendrix and The Doors then it's all over right there.

I don't play drums (haven't even finished medium in RB),already have the GH3 guitar and even though I'd have that on the PS3 and RB on the 360 I think the RB mic will work so I can get the game by itself and get 3 of the 4.
    Ah, thanks for filling in with your opinion.