Rock Band 1 on PS3 - in Europe

ArdiusArdius Rising Star
edited August 2008 in Rock Band
Has this been completely forgotten about or there are just no PS3 owners on these forums?
Ive been waiting an extremely long time for this game...and there is still no news about the release date or anything.

Has it been abandoned?

Comments

• HackMetalHackMetal Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    ive also been waiting along time for this game but game.co.uk say it will be the 9th of september and play.com have it up for the 12th so should be some time around about then xD
  • thebigb59thebigb59 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I am a eu ps3 owner, I gave up caring, roll on october
  • daftuprisingdaftuprising Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    PS3 is region free, import it. It'd be much cheaper than buying it retail anyways.
  • ElPinkoElPinko Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    And wheres the best place to improt it from? Play-asia, Gamestop & Amazon ALL wont ship to the UK...
  • rylinrylin Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    HackMetal;1068772 said:
    ive also been waiting along time for this game but game.co.uk say it will be the 9th of september and play.com have it up for the 12th so should be some time around about then xD
    LOL.
    Have a look in the "General" forum.
    You'll find that there's quite a few threads re: RB in Europe.
    You'll also find that "september" was quoted for quite some time.
    Most of us who post(ed?) in that general wankfest imported the game, afaik, after we got bored of HMX's lack of a release announcement.
    edited August 2008
    ElPinko;1069369 said:
    And wheres the best place to improt it from? Play-asia, Gamestop & Amazon ALL wont ship to the UK...
    Find a friend somewhere in the US.
    Have him/her buy the game and ship it to you.

Otherwise, you could always go ebay.
    From memory, VG+ did export it quite a few times - though I'm not sure about the cost.
  • encryptioncstaencryptioncsta Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    why isent there still a release date for rock band 1 for the uk its been over a year and still no work and no one from EA or Harmonix have commented on this!!!
  • iapetusiapetus Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    rylin;1069476 said:
    From memory, VG+ did export it quite a few times - though I'm not sure about the cost.
    Pretty high, and you're likely to get stung by customs checks on the way in (no, I still don't know why couriers arbitrarily charging people they don't have contracts with and holding their goods hostage unless they pay is legal).

One of the major US retailers had a very reasonable price on it - can't recall which one, now, but if you go back through the threads from the time you may be able to find it, if they're still shipping it.
    edited August 2008
    Deleted for being completely wrong. Der_Lex
  • Kobal2Kobal2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    thebigb59;1083813 said:
    because the DLC is not region free, when it does come out over here you wont beable to get the dlc from the eu store and I willing to bet when you try to get the UK verison to get the dlc you will find the guitar and stuff wont work with the UK game. EA like to work that way
    You can definitely get US dlc on a European PS3. Ask Der_Lex ;)
    edited August 2008
    thebigb59;1083813 said:
    because the DLC is not region free, when it does come out over here you wont beable to get the dlc from the eu store and I willing to bet when you try to get the UK verison to get the dlc you will find the guitar and stuff wont work with the UK game. EA like to work that way
    Please stop spreading misinformation.
    It does nobody a service, and it makes you look like a tool.
  • zomg_bbqzomg_bbq Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    My guess is now, we will get a release for the version of Rock Band 2 on PS3 and Wii (not ps2, its dieing in the UK) around november, with the xbox 360 getting it in october. The catch? ps3 version of the game will cost 60£ and come with all the transferable songs from Rock Band 1. The Wii version will not.
  • MBarryCMBarryC Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    You guys might as well just wait and import Rock Band 2 for the PS3... If it does in fact come out September 9th, you could just import the sequel 5 days later... :P

Of course if you wanted an entire bundle and/or don't have a Guitar Hero controller, you could just buy Guitar Hero: World Tour or wait another month and import the bundle.
  • dudosdudos Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Its on Ebay, pre-imported, next day delivery for £160. Screw EA's (non)release schedules. Cant wait for RB2 to start appearing there too :)
  • edited August 2008
    Kobal2;1083829 said:
    I already deleted his post for being utterly wrong.

If you want to import RB for the PS3 in the UK, check out this thread:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27509

If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me (or Shadebug, he probably won't mind either) a PM.
  • juhaaanjuhaaan Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Im a ps3 owner, i bought my rock band from US. But it will come in oct?
  • lordmarkthomas lordmarkthomas Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    why are they even releasing RB1 in europe? they should skip it and go straight in with RB2. makes much more sense
  • juhaaanjuhaaan Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    lordmarkthomas ;1083907 said:
    why are they even releasing RB1 in europe? they should skip it and go straight in with RB2. makes much more sense
    Yeah but EA suck bigg ****
  • StitchRFCStitchRFC Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I can't import because everytime i mention it to my parents they say no. :( So i gotta wait. I'll be happy if they did just skip to RB2 and include all the RB1 songs in the bundle. I'll be happier if they just released RB1 in September.
  • shadebugshadebug Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Der_Lex;1083893 said:

If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me (or Shadebug, he probably won't mind either) a PM.
    I won't mind but I never check my PMs because they're so ridiculously out of the way. If you wanna ask me questions you're much better off getting on IRC in #rockband on irc.gamesurge.net

and as always, I REALLY need to update that thread
  • zomg_bbqzomg_bbq Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    see my last post, thats what they are likely to do.. if they are smart
  • iapetusiapetus Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    zomg_bbq;1083851 said:
    My guess is now, we will get a release for the version of Rock Band 2 on PS3 and Wii (not ps2, its dieing in the UK) around november, with the xbox 360 getting it in october. The catch? ps3 version of the game will cost 60£ and come with all the transferable songs from Rock Band 1. The Wii version will not.
    Almost sane, but I'd suggest a subtle change: release the game at the normal price without the transferrable songs, and sell the RB1 songs as a premium-priced Europe PSN only download.
    edited August 2008
    Kobal2;1083829 said:
    yes you can get us dlc on a eu ps3, but thats only because you have the us copy of the game. EU DLC from the EU psn store does not work with Region 1 games, ask anyone on IW's forum.

Mis-information my arse
    edited August 2008
    Der_Lex;1083893 said:

my post it completely right, the only reason the US DLC works with your imported game is because its the correct region to get it from. When the eu verison is release, the EU DLC will be region coded to only work with the pal released format. So the NSTC US version will not work with it, it will error! Read my post before you delete it