*OFFICIAL* Unlock the “Official, YOU MUST INCLUDE TOOL POLL!” Thread!

idiotecidiotec Road Warrior
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
I had forgotten that this thread got locked, and when I went back to find it I see:
Apples said:
Gratuitous self-bumping for the sake of bumping is not tolerated. If a topic has been been exhasted in dialog and content (for example, one that's say 5 months old... like this one) please let it go. Certain people seem to have an agenda to keep this thing on page 1 at all costs, and quite frankly it's tiring.

I think between this thread and the the "suggest a song" feature, your voice has been heard on this subject. Move on.
This is really one of the worst examples of forum moderating that I have seen. There was no “Gratuitous self-bumping for the sake of bumping” going on. This was simply one thread where everyone who wants Tool in RB could have their voice heard.

The last sentence is just insulting. Move on? WTF!

Regardless of whether or not you like Tool, there was no good reason whatsoever that this thread was closed.

If nothing else, I would like to hear Apples explanation, however, I think unlocking the thread would be the better thing to do.

See the thread for yourself and tell me if there is any justification for locking it:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452&highlight=tool

Comments

• oshman187oshman187 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I dont think posting this thread helps your case any.
  • edited July 2008
    shut up idiotec, you're a tool
  • AlliterationAmyAlliterationAmy Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Rockin_it_all_nite_long;888775 said:
    shut up idiotec, you're a tool
    I see what you did there.
  • idiotecidiotec Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    oshman187;888754 said:
    I dont think posting this thread helps your case any.
    How so? It definitely wasn’t going to be unlocked without saying something.

I will ignore the expected juvenile responses the General forum is so famous for.

Just looking for a response from Apples.
  • AlliterationAmyAlliterationAmy Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    idiotec;888829 said:

I will ignore the expected juvenile responses the General forum is so famous for.
    Awww Hell nahhhhhh. *snap* *snap*
    Just looking for a response from Apples.
    I'm looking forward to this.
  • oshman187oshman187 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Try sending a PM. That usually works.
    I just always think that when threads like this pop up...other Mods are just gonna lock them up without a blink of an eye.
  • BillLaurenBillLauren Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, if your looking for a response from Apples, it is best just to PM.
  • AraghaAragha I posted 10,000 times and all I got was this lousy title
    edited July 2008
    One of my threads was locked (for an unknown reason), and I didn't make a thread. Anyways, I think you are confusing the general forum with the official.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    No, but seriously Idiotec... which forum was the Tool thread in?
  • DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited July 2008
    First of all, that thread is over 7 months old. Get over it.

Secondly, I can see why he locked it...
    tombrady;200570 said:
    6th page, sorry, can't have that.

Someone bumping a thread to page 1 just because they want the "exposure" is against the rules and continued bumping will cause a thread to be locked. It appears thats all that Tombrady member did was continue to reply messages just to keep it page 1.

Edit: also, the thread will not be unlocked.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited July 2008
    If I were him I would have someone go into the thread and purposly praise or flame the band for a logical staged excuse and it would act as a bump
  • idiotecidiotec Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Daesania;889028 said:
    First of all, that thread is over 7 months old. Get over it.

Secondly, I can see why he locked it...

Someone bumping a thread to page 1 just because they want the "exposure" is against the rules and continued bumping will cause a thread to be locked. It appears thats all that Tombrady member did was continue to reply messages just to keep it page 1.

Edit: also, the thread will not be unlocked.
    One quote on page 6 of a 62 page thread huh? Well done.

Look, there is nothing to “get over.” I see it as a complete lack of judgment by a moderator and am simply looking for a response.

Locking a thread that is simply requesting a band in the Ultimate Setlist forum that was kept civil and on topic seem quite odd.
    edited July 2008
    WTF are you talking about? My quote was from Tombrady on page 61, he was bumping the Tool post due to the fact it was not on the first page of the setlist.
    edited July 2008
    I'm also going to lock this thread. The tool thread is over 7 months old. Join one of the million tool threads in that forum. A thread that has been locked and dead for months is not going to be unlocked, period.
This discussion has been closed.