Street Date Broken by BB...

admanimaladmanimal Road Warrior
edited November 2007 in Rock Band
...or someone was duped and bought the demo version...

*Ebay URL was here purporting a 360 RB full version bundle*

Comments

• hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    So tempting....

lol, I hope someone bids way out of my price range, so I'm not tempted to bid on it!
  • SophrosyneSophrosyne Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    undertow;98399 said:
    So tempting....

lol, I hope someone bids way out of my price range, so I'm not tempted to bid on it!
    Man oh man....

and I'm logged into my eBay account, how ironic. :D

I'm not going to bid on this....I'm not...

*forces self to close the eBay tab and go to bed*

lol :)
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    Sophrosyne;98400 said:
    Man oh man....

and I'm logged into my eBay account, how ironic. :D

I'm not going to bid on this....I'm not...

*forces self to close the eBay tab and go to bed*

lol :)
    Don't steal my game! Don't out bid me!

*calms down and drops the mouse*

Good Night! :)
  • edited October 2007
    Going to be a crazy three weeks if that turns out to be legitimate.

I really despise all of the "leaking", the "inside sources", the "buddies" who can fix you up.

I know this is a simplistic thing to say... but if a store has the dumb thing in the warehouse, put it out for people to buy and enjoy. All this street date crap does is reward people who can acquire these things through illegitimate means.

Yes, I'm sure there are business reasons for a street date, but it doesn't make it any less irritating to watch. In fact, I'm so irritated, I'm removing the Ebay link on this thread so this cheater isn't getting free advertising on his auction.
  • The_Vampire_LestatThe_Vampire_Lestat Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    Probably just a box.
  • raregamerraregamer Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    The_Vampire_Lestat;98416 said:
    Probably just a box.
    I doubt it is just the box, everything he has looks legit, come on he put a picture of receipt plus he has good feedback. I guess it is possible to find them in the open. All I can hope this does is bring the street date earlier.:D
  • BeihanaBeihana Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    Thats just wild....man I'd go Rambo on people for that bundlle
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Best Buy does not have a big track record of busting release dates. This has to be the store demo box sold by some idiot employee. Plus, how would the seller know it's the real thing without opening it (the game would be a demo disc)?
  • admanimaladmanimal Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    AdamBomb629;98482 said:
    Best Buy does not have a big track record of busting release dates. This has to be the store demo box sold by some idiot employee. Plus, how would the seller know it's the real thing without opening it (the game would be a demo disc)?
    Yeah that's what I figured too...I sent the seller a question last night explaining how the demo comes in the retail box and asking if there were multiple copies on the shelf and/or how he is sure it's not the demo.
  • maddrummerdan86maddrummerdan86 Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    even if it is real....u put that game in ur xbox and u go anywhere near xbox live, microsoft will see and u will be banned from xbox live until year 2999.
    they did it with halo 3 at least...
    for me its not worth chancing it and never be able to play it again if something happens, besides no one will be on to play with u :(
  • AtsumiAtsumi Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    maddrummerdan86;98487 said:
    even if it is real....u put that game in ur xbox and u go anywhere near xbox live, microsoft will see and u will be banned from xbox live until year 2999.
    for me its not worth chancing it and never be able to play it again if something happens, besides no one will be on to play with u :(
    I'm pretty sure they never banned anyone for playing Halo 3 early...
  • edited November 2007
    Atsumi;98511 said:
    They threatened to, but they had no way of discerning the legitimate users (game reviewers, employees, etc) from the illegitimate ones. It was all bluff.
  • edited November 2007
    maddrummerdan86;98487 said:
    It's not your fault that someone sold you a game early, that's legal.
  • jonfitzsimonjonfitzsimon Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, they were really threatening their employees.
  • edited November 2007
    I would steer fully clear of this auction. No retailers have for sale copies of the game anywhere they just have the demo. And since the demo has a drum with no bass pedal, occasionally lacks a mic, and has demo version of the software this could be considered a pretty crappy auction.
  • jonfitzsimonjonfitzsimon Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    hmxsean;98541 said:
    I would steer fully clear of this auction. No retailers have for sale copies of the game anywhere they just have the demo. And since the demo has a drum with no bass pedal, occasionally lacks a mic, and has demo version of the software this could be considered a pretty crappy auction.
    no doubt man.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    hmxsean;98541 said:
    I would steer fully clear of this auction. No retailers have for sale copies of the game anywhere they just have the demo.
    Thanks for having our back, Sean.
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    hmxsean;98541 said:
    Good info, thanks Sean.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    hmxsean;98541 said:
    Some poor sap just got pwned.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Atsumi;98511 said:
    Actually, I read an article on this where one user did get banned, Don't have a link and I'm not gonna waste my time to find it. *Runs off to find link*

Live user gets band till 9999
  • admanimaladmanimal Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Xzyliac;98569 said:
    Some poor sap just got pwned.
    I am the bidder on the item. I am in contact with the seller to determine if it is a legit version, otherwise I'm having him cancel my bid (or I just won't pay). Better off me winning it than someone who doesn't realize that it's probably not the real thing.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    admanimal;98584 said:
    I am the bidder on the item. I am in contact with the seller to determine if it is a legit version, otherwise I'm having him cancel my bid (or I just won't pay). Better off me winning it than someone who doesn't realize that it's not the real thing.
    What a guy. Taking one for the team. I salute you sir!
This discussion has been closed.