Dev-Blogs Week of 7/21 - 7/25 (now with more Dan Teasdale!)

HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
edited August 2008 in Announcements
E3 Recap

Teasdale's got a blog in the approval pipeline right now. Hopefully we'll see that later this week!

Comments

• QueensoftheStoneAgeQueensoftheStoneAge Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Catch-22;906775 said:
    Mark this down Epic DLC has been promised. Let the wild and baseless speculation begin.

For example, complete Creed discography (Not epic but totally wild and baseless). Disclaimer I don't really like Creed that much I just randomly thought of a band; so no flaming.

Pick a better random band next time. ;) Creed had 1 good song, and it was on their first CD.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    QueensoftheStoneAge;906817 said:
    Pick a better random band next time. ;) Creed had 1 good song, and it was on their first CD.
    Cold man cold. :p But if you want to be like that how about the best of the 90s (boy band addition). Backstreet, N'sync, 98 Degrees all the hits. Better?
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I am The Togfather and I approve of Dan Teasdale's blog.

We good?

Also, thanks Johnlok, good stuff.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited July 2008
    Sounds like an interesting time up ahead. :)
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2008
    Johnlok's blog is good for now.

If Dan T.'s comes, that would be to much AWESOME. :D:)
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Apples;906759 said:
    Can I speed up the approval pipeline by saying that I approve of it?
    who knows? try it anyway!

I approve of Dan T.'s Blog!

I'm also now reading Johnloks.....edit: read. damn you! you got to see the who! but Sean got to see them twice! double damn him! (jk. you know I love you guys.)

also:
    Epic DLC to John=more Boston, AC/DC, and Rush. (OK those last 2 were from me) :)
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Prepare to brace for Epic over the next few weeks YEAH!
  • JimmikJimmik Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Sounds to me like we'll be getting the whole Supergrass discography..........
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;907517 said:

also:
    Epic DLC to John=more Boston, AC/DC, and Rush. (OK those last 2 were from me) :)
    Don't forget ELO, the man loves him some ELO! :p
  • zugthug909zugthug909 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Catch-22;906836 said:
    Cold man cold. :p But if you want to be like that how about the best of the 90s (boy band addition). Backstreet, N'sync, 98 Degrees all the hits. Better?

i would mark for some nsync
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Catch-22;906836 said:
    I initially laughed, and then realized what an amazing idea this was. Not for me, but for all the ladies that I play rock band with who complain that there aren't any songs they know how to sing.

-Jaime
    edited July 2008
    JB4GDI;910107 said:
    I initially laughed, and then realized what an amazing idea this was. Not for me, but for all the ladies that I play rock band with who complain that there aren't any songs they know how to sing.

-Jaime
    I know I thought the same thing which is scary. And FYI if this pack shows up I want Royalties.
  • statboyinvastatboyinva Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Backstreet? Under no circumstances
    N'Sync - some, would prefer Justin Timberlake solo
    98 degrees - some (at least they were on the Motown label)

I would much rather have REAL R&B - Temptations, Jacksons, Earth Wind & Fire, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Boyz II Men, Tony Toni Tone, etc.

Of course, all songs used would have to be chartable for RB.
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited July 2008
    CM_Drunk;910423 said:
    Yes, please check it out!
  • toolberttoolbert Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Epic DLC?? I think he let the cat out of the bag on dlc consisting of Pearl Jam, Tool, Zepplin, Rage, System, the Stones, GnR and many others I've dreamt of? Sweetness!!! You heard it first here!
  • undertowundertow Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Where is the Teasdale blog? I only see Johnlok and SpraynWipe. Teasdales blog was supposed to have some awesome goodies inside, yes?
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Teasdale = Spraynwipe, right?
    edited July 2008
    CM_Drunk;911807 said:
    Teasdale = Spraynwipe, right?
    If thats true, I did not know that. Also, the SpraynWipe blog divulged nothing, we didn't already know from the numerous E3 reports. I thought JohnLok said his blog had some great info and was waiting in the approval pipeline.

I could have wrote the same blog as SpraynWipe...nothing new in there, that wasn't covered in the 30 Minute Developer Demonstration.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2008
    Teasdale = Spraynwipe, right? - that is correct.

Sure there was... we now know the endless set list is about 10 hours long for one thing and does not include the 20 free DLC.

Additional pedal was confirmed.

Kick pedal will not fall off if you pick the drum kit up

There are guidelines in the legs of the drums to help get them set up straight

If you get beat in a battle, the system will e-mail you telling you were surpassed.

The background to the song Everlong (trippy colors) was a "Opportunity Gig" where the band accepted a challenge to have a music video made... meaning the backgrounds were changed based on what was chosen during the tour.

You will always be able to earn new fans, no more locking it down based on your level of play.
    edited July 2008
    Sayburr;911937 said:
    Teasdale = Spraynwipe, right? - that is correct.

Sure there was... we now know the endless set list is about 10 hours long for one thing and does not include the 20 free DLC.

Additional pedal was confirmed.

There are guidelines in the legs of the drums to help get them set up straight

If you get beat in a battle, the system will e-mail you telling you were surpassed.

The background to the song Everlong (trippy colors) was a "Opportunity Gig" where the band accepted a challenge to have a music video made... meaning the backgrounds were changed based on what was chosen during the tour.

You will always be able to earn new fans, no more locking it down based on your level of play.

Roughly 90% of what you describe above was mentioned in the Developer video. The guy even lifted the drums up, in the video to show the attachments, second kick pedal and that the kick pedal doesn't fall off. The only thing "new" was that the endlist setlist only contains the 84 retail disc songs, which from Rock Band 1, was a given. The video opportunity was also mentioned at E3.
  • ppetrovippetrovi Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I guess you can't please everyone huh Sayburr.
  • wampdawgwampdawg Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    toolbert;910607 said:
    Epic DLC?? I think he let the cat out of the bag on dlc consisting of Pearl Jam, Tool, Zepplin, Rage, System, the Stones, GnR and many others I've dreamt of? Sweetness!!! You heard it first here!
    Did I miss something? :confused:
    edited July 2008
    wampdawg;912996 said:
    Did I miss something? :confused:
    Clearly you didn't read first blog, which stated epic DLC was coming.
  • wampdawgwampdawg Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Catch-22;913224 said:
    Clearly you didn't read first blog, which stated epic DLC was coming.
    I did read the first blog and do not recall there being anything said about Tool or Led Zep.
    edited July 2008
    wampdawg;914049 said:
    I did read the first blog and do not recall there being anything said about Tool or Led Zep.
    My bad, you're problem was you aren't familiar with baseless speculation and jokes. He was kidding.
  • QueensoftheStoneAgeQueensoftheStoneAge Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    What if I don't have very many XBL friends with Rock Band 2? Can I still do the challenges with a random online band?
  • TthevoiceETthevoiceE Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;907517 said:
    who knows? try it anyway!

I approve of Dan T.'s Blog!

I'm also now reading Johnloks.....edit: read. damn you! you got to see the who! but Sean got to see them twice! double damn him! (jk. you know I love you guys.)

also:

i honestly think they got the best of boston. (there first album).

id not argue with more rush though, there is a TON of songs we could use, Fly by night, freewill, jacobs ladder, red barrechetta (spelling?), Subdivisions, and more! id also like a master of Tom Sawyer, and Lime Light please. id totally buy.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    TthevoiceE;914507 said:
    i honestly think they got the best of boston. (there first album)
    Well then you must have never listened to Don't Look Back or Third Stage! Both awesome albums, Walk On is ok....
  • MeteorMeteor Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Sayburr;911937 said:
    Cool! But mine already doesn't fall of if you pick it up, something MacGyver tought me, Duct Tape!! :P besides, what drumkit is complete without Duct Tape on it... exactly! win win :)