The Unofficial Coheed and Cambria Request Thread (Part III)

Comments

• The-CrowingThe-Crowing Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    MOAR SECOND STAGE TURBINE BLADEZ! :P...Seriously ive given this alot of thought.....with 33 pages*LOL....i got that in...by the way...33 is a song....just in case someone doesent know...*and this being the 3rd thread, they should do it by just the amount that people that want this. i mean seriously...not one other thread is this big for requesting just more from one band.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2008
    ULS_980;1070587 said:
    At least it's some sort of prog rock. :D
    I still expect Coheed in October though. With Neverender it's almost a given. :P As long as I get "The Final Cut" and "The Telling Truth" though...
    I'm holding out for a Co&Ca album around that time.
  • ULS_980ULS_980 Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    RockBandRocker;1070864 said:
    I'm holding out for a Co&Ca album around that time.
    As much as I'd love an album... there are just TOO many awesome songs to go through.
    One could argue, that due to the nature of Coheed's albums, where they are bound by a story, EACH and every song is forced to be a quality song to correctly portray what is going on.

Personally, I'd prefer some sort of huge pack spanning at least two of the albums (Preferably IKSoSE:3 and Good Apollo Vol. 1).
    Although... I'd kill to play Gravemakers and Gunslingers along with The Running Free. :)
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2008
    ULS_980;1070890 said:
    As much as I'd love an album... there are just TOO many awesome songs to go through.
    One could argue, that due to the nature of Coheed's albums, where they are bound by a story, EACH and every song is forced to be a quality song to correctly portray what is going on.

Maybe we'll get "The Best Of Coheed & Cambria: Volume 1" for DLC.
    edited August 2008
    RockBandRocker;1070901 said:
    Maybe we'll get "The Best Of Coheed & Cambria: Volume 1" for DLC.
    Maybe, but I think that was more of a one time deal thing with the Who due to the masters to half the songs on "Who's Next" being stolen.
    Other than maybe Metallica, I really don't see them doing a "Best of..." pack very much... ESPECIALLY with Coheed considering they are still in the process of putting out more album(s).
    I could see a six pack coming in October though. That would seem pretty likely (And would be a safe guess as well).
  • Xero314-2Xero314-2 Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    RockBandRocker;1069978 said:
    Well, no Co&Ca DLC announced.

But Rush is the next BEST thing.
    I think you mean Coheed would be the next best thing to Rush (give props where props are due).

But then again Moving pictures is to a Rush fan what No World for Tomorrow seems to be to the die hard Coheed fans. A good, dare I say, great album, but not their best.

This may be bad news for those looking for IKS3, but good news for those of us wanting NWFT.
    edited August 2008
    ULS_980;1071072 said:
    Maybe, but I think that was more of a one time deal thing with the Who due to the masters to half the songs on "Who's Next" being stolen.
    It really doesn't look like HMX is in the business of making best ofs. But I'm with the rest of you that I bet there will be some Coheed released around Neverender (maybe a Neverender pack... all 4 albums (or possibly 5 by then)... Ok probably not).
  • The-CrowingThe-Crowing Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Xero314-2;1071712 said:
    It really doesn't look like HMX is in the business of making best ofs. But I'm with the rest of you that I bet there will be some Coheed released around Neverender (maybe a Neverender pack... all 4 albums (or possibly 5 by then)... Ok probably not).
    Doubt an Album*Though i would go APE**** CRAZY*but i do expect a pack or 2 to come on by. Lord knows we need The Crowing and more Coheed in General!
    edited August 2008
    I just realized that now that HMX as shown that instrumentals, which I assume would also allow missing other instruments, are acceptable it's possible to get any of the Coheed albums in their entirety. I assume they would still combine shorter tracks, but now the longer tracks that are missing an instrument should be able to be released.
    edited August 2008
    Xero314-2;1077035 said:
    I just realized that now that HMX as shown that instrumentals, which I assume would also allow missing other instruments, are acceptable it's possible to get any of the Coheed albums in their entirety. I assume they would still combine shorter tracks, but now the longer tracks that are missing an instrument should be able to be released.
    "Always & Never" is drum-less, right?
    Ugh... that's the only song off of Good Apollo 1 that I just cannot stand...
    Either way, I'd still buy Good Apollo 1 in it's entirety if they released it. :P
  • ZeleniaZelenia Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    ZOMG YAY, it's STILL on the first page! Ha! XD I've been gone for a long time...I was expecting the thread to have drifted away into nothingland by now. But, I logged in and here it is, STILL at the top. There's no way HMX can ignore this. I mean, come on. A few more months and it'll be a year since it started.

Thanks, DarkEternal, for picking up all that slack I left hanging around all over the place. XD

I do have a suggestion, though. In the stats section, where it lists the last two threads, can they link to the others?

Thread 1: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28344
    Thread 2: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35297

That way, people can go and see everything that's happened right from the beginning. ^.^
  • xX51NN3RXxxX51NN3RXx Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Maybe 2-3 songs from each album?

SSTB
    Time Consumer
    Delirium Trigger
    Devil in Jersey City

IKSoSE:3
    In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
    Blood Red Summer
    A Favor House Atlantic
    The Crowing

GAV1:FFTtEoM

The Suffering
    Crossing the Frame
    The Final Cut

I love the whole Good Apollo Vol. 2 album, so I can't choose which ones to put in lmao.
  • ForgottenHeroForgottenHero Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Oh man since when is there a part three!? I've been way outta the loop!

suscribed....
    edited August 2008
    ForgottenHero;1077700 said:
    Oh man since when is there a part three!? I've been way outta the loop!

suscribed....
    Me too. XD
  • ForgottenHeroForgottenHero Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Well I was part of the second thread and I thought I hadn't viewed the thread recently and no wonder why! Theres a whole new one lol.
    edited August 2008
    ULS_980;1077307 said:
    "Always & Never" is drum-less, right?
    Ugh... that's the only song off of Good Apollo 1 that I just cannot stand...
    Either way, I'd still buy Good Apollo 1 in it's entirety if they released it. :P
    I believe Always & Never is just guitar and vocals, and I can't understand how you don't like that song. Regardless of personal tastes (I really like Always & Never) it's important to the story line, so would be required for any complete album release (though Keeping the Blade is probably still out)
  • fatalvendettafatalvendetta Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I really do think that we're going to get a Coheed album this year, and it will be one of the six albums announced this month. The six albums CAN'T all be bands Harmonix have boners for, so at least one or two have to be fan-requested. Since we know Claudio is really for having more CoCa in Rock Band I think Harmonix might have a whole album ready soon. Three of my guesses for full album DLC is Coheed and Cambria, Muse, and Metallica.
    edited August 2008
    Xero314-2;1077945 said:
    I believe Always & Never is just guitar and vocals, and I can't understand how you don't like that song. Regardless of personal tastes (I really like Always & Never) it's important to the story line, so would be required for any complete album release (though Keeping the Blade is probably still out)
    I can't give you a better answer of why I don't like the song other than I just don't like it. :P
    Never did like it, never will. It's the only song on that album that I consistantly skip (I sometimes skip Keeping the Blade just to get to Welcome Home faster :P).

Out of all the Coheed albums I have (Still missing SSTB, probably going to pick it up this weekend), it's the only song I skip. :(
    edited August 2008
    fatalvendetta;1079699 said:
    I really do think that we're going to get a Coheed album this year, and it will be one of the six albums announced this month. The six albums CAN'T all be bands Harmonix have boners for, so at least one or two have to be fan-requested. Since we know Claudio is really for having more CoCa in Rock Band I think Harmonix might have a whole album ready soon. Three of my guesses for full album DLC is Coheed and Cambria, Muse, and Metallica.
    I cannot see two of the albums being occupied by two bands that are from the same time period and genre (Coheed and Muse, both recent bands, both Progressive Rock).

Metallica though... is almost a given. :P
  • SteveoKnievoSteveoKnievo Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    ULS_980;1079873 said:
    I cannot see two of the albums being occupied by two bands that are from the same time period and genre (Coheed and Muse, both recent bands, both Progressive Rock).

Metallica though... is almost a given. :P
    I agree. I'm thinking we're either going to get Master of Puppets or Kill Em' All. Also I'm predicting Lynyrd Skynyrd's Second Helping, we haven't seen much of them in a while and they got some big hits on that record. Anyways, I'm not sure if we'd see a Coheed album announced as one of the six, but it's definitely on it's way sooner or later.
    edited August 2008
    Alright, I've updated the signature list, because there's apparently been a lot of people left out. I've uploaded an excel file of the list.

Clicky!
  • SteveoKnievoSteveoKnievo Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Zelenia;1081894 said:
    Alright, I've updated the signature list, because there's apparently been a lot of people left out. I've uploaded an excel file of the list.

Clicky!
    Could you please just tell me how many sigs there are, I'm cheap and don't have excel
  • WhosyodaddehWhosyodaddeh Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I have a feeling Coheed is going to be one of the 6 albums as well. I mean, they made Welcome Home the new song for the Rock Band commercial.... obviously Coheed has done something great for rock band.
  • chukapriestchukapriest Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Here's another name for your list (and another post for your thread). It's amazing what these guys are capable of: ardent storytelling, powerful musicianship, outstanding stage performances. They deserve the limelight, if anyone does. Let's see some CO&CA album dlc. I started with IKS, and the tracks Cuts Marked in the March of Men, The Crowing, and 21:13 were mind-blowing. If not that album, their newest would be an excellent choice. No World for Tomorrow gives me shivers every time I hear it, Gravemakers & Gunslingers rocks my world, and The End Complete is epic. And if I could pick just one song to appear in Rock Band, it would have to be the soulful, yet haunting Final Cut. I don't do much of the vocals, so I wouldn't mind the lack of words (through most of the song), just bring on the guitars!
  • BojangleBojangle Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I too think one of the six albums will be a Coheed album, or a 'Best Of...'. I'd personally prefer an album as that means more chance of another album DLC at a later point.

I'd be happy with any album really, but I'd be most pleased with In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 or Second Stage Turbine Blade. I wouldn't complain about any Coheed DLC, frankly. We're long overdue some!
  • xdarkstarrxxdarkstarrx Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I am torn between a full Coheed album, or a best of trackpack. I have favorite songs from every CD, ones I hope to God see light of day on Rockband, so if they did a Coheed album, alot of my favorite jams wouldn't make it. Here are my faves from each CD (for rockband I mean)

Second Stage Turbine Blade:

Devil in Jersey City
    Delirium Trigger
    Neverender

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth III:

Title Track ^^^^ (such an epic song)
    The Crowing (pure epic emotion)
    A Favor House Atlantic (Duh...)

Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Fear Through The Eyes of Madness:

Crossing the Frame
    The Suffering
    The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut (This is a MUST for DLC, Guitars=amazing)

GAIBSIV: No World For Tomorrow:

No World For Tomorrow
    Feathers
    Gravemakers and Gunslingers

So those are my top 3 picks for DLC from each album. A 12 pack isn't asking for too much is it?!?!?
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    We're way overdue for more Coheed & Cambria DLC. Just hoping the next track we get isn't a master of Ten Speed. ;)
    But seriously, I played Ten Speed again last night for the first time in months and really wondered why we haven't seen more DLC from this band. Hopefully HMX is able to get masters and get us at least a 3-pack in the near future. If I had to pick just three of their songs, they would probably be:
    The Suffering
    A Favor House Atlantic
    Gravemakers & Gunslingers
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    toad3000;1089207 said:
    We're way overdue for more Coheed & Cambria DLC. Just hoping the next track we get isn't a master of Ten Speed. ;)
    But seriously, I played Ten Speed again last night for the first time in months and really wondered why we haven't seen more DLC from this band. Hopefully HMX is able to get masters and get us at least a 3-pack in the near future. If I had to pick just three of their songs, they would probably be:
    The Suffering
    A Favor House Atlantic
    Agreed. Although I remember reading a thread in which someone said that HMX hadn't contacted C&C in a while. I can't remember which, but I'm sure you could find it with a search.
    Also, IIRC, Ten Speed's master was unusable because the multiple guitars were on a single track. I hope I'm wrong, as I'd gladly buy the master.
    More Coheed and Cambria for Rock Band!!!
  • BojangleBojangle Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    toad3000;1089207 said:
    If I had to pick just three of their songs, they would probably be:
    The Suffering
    A Favor House Atlantic
    This is why Coheed are so great in my opinion. I wouldn't pick those three, no way in hell. Not because their bad songs, I love 'em, it's just they have better songs in my opinion, yet I'd still buy the pack and enjoy it loads.

The Crowing
    In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
    Everything Evil

Would be my three. :)
  • ioGooseoiioGooseoi Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I vote for a Neverender pack... yeah thats right I want it all!! lol

If I had to pick three it would be

1. Time Consumer (the first song I heard from them and it was love at first listen)
    2. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
    3. NWFT

Man that was so hard... I mean seriously try to pick just three Coheed songs. All you can think about are the ones you are leaving out. I love me some coheed!