Psychobilly freakout: expert

zankfrappazankfrappa Opening Act
edited June 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I can't seem to beat this song no matter how hard i try. Any tips?

Comments

• DJ_XeroDJ_Xero Unsigned
    edited June 2007
    Practice mode is there for a reason.
  • Prescott523Prescott523 Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    Practice mode is the best tool for the job, but it also helps just trying to pass... Example, when the section comes up where you need to quickly teansfer fingers from Y/O to R/B, simply hit all of the R/Bs. But once again... Practice, practice, practice.
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited June 2007
    I limped through this song yesterday, after I practiced for about 3-4 runs on slower to get the HO/POs in the first intro down. You should be able to make it though the first section without star power, like previously mentioned, the RB and YO changes, just hit the RB notes if you're not fast enough, if you lose your place and miss too many chances are you'll fail. Practice the HO/POs and you should hit a good amount of the notes.
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited June 2007
    took me a few tries, but its passable. now im stuck on BATH.
  • DJ_XeroDJ_Xero Unsigned
    edited June 2007
    To be honest, the easiest way to beat Beast and the Harlot is to play Guitar Hero I on expert and beat BATM. Beating Ozzy in that one, not only is your timing more precise, but the song plays nearly identical.

As for Psychobilly, I recommend hitting nothing but the boldend ones on the streams of G - RY or RB - YO series. after you learn to hit that, you just learn to hit both of them. Pretty awesome if you can get it.

Overall, the only song that really gives me trouble nowadays is Jordan, and That's just because of the second solo.
  • zankfrappazankfrappa Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    wooo, finally beat it this morning, once i got past the intro it wasnt too bad, and i managed to save my star power through those alternating chord bits which i was suprsingly good at, and used my star power for the hard bit at about 80%.

Only 5 songs to go now.
  • edited June 2007
    Psychobilly freakout on expert is one of the 3 songs on expert I can't beat 3 stars on. Six and Thunderhorse being the other 2. I also cant complete Jordan at all, and I refuse to play Yes We Can, but I assume that wouldn't be too hard.
  • edited June 2007
    sa_nick;6321 said:
    Psychobilly freakout on expert is one of the 3 songs on expert I can't beat 3 stars on. Six and Thunderhorse being the other 2. I also cant complete Jordan at all, and I refuse to play Yes We Can, but I assume that wouldn't be too hard.
    I'm about the same as you. Why does everyone hate Yes We Can? I actually like it, for laughs.
  • edited June 2007
    practice practice!

I almost failed it my first time when playing at EB, it took me a little to 4* it and even harder to 5*, but once you get it down you will be fine. If you are holding down lower notes I suggest trying not to and see how that works for you. I do better hitting the notes as they come for fast sections.
  • edited June 2007
    It took a while for me to 5* this song, so Ill let you in on a tip that I used.

Go to your nearest Save on Foods, buy a rotisserie chicken, go home eat it, take the skin from it, rub it all over your hands and the neck of your SG or explorer. Then the cord switching part will be easier for you. No lies, thats what I did, and it sure as hell worked.

:)
  • zankfrappazankfrappa Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    Tendoza;6816 said:
    It took a while for me to 5* this song, so Ill let you in on a tip that I used.

Go to your nearest Save on Foods, buy a rotisserie chicken, go home eat it, take the skin from it, rub it all over your hands and the neck of your SG or explorer. Then the cord switching part will be easier for you. No lies, thats what I did, and it sure as hell worked.

:)
    hmm i think id rather just use some fast fret. but ive beat it now thank god, the new set list is giving me some troubles though.