Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I GS'd my second and third song on drums and got 5 stars on 8 more songs yesterday... so I guess I am still getting better.
  • UmpaUmpa Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Updated!

I just beat DOA on expert! Finally just would try it in between other songs and finally beat it.

So the past week I beat RttH on hard drums
    and beat DOA on expert drums.

Woo- Hoo
    :D
  • SixxxShotsSixxxShots Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Eh...i got both of the 20 Wins achievements (Tug O War and Score Duel) that was pretty cool i guess.
  • Garems007Garems007 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I just beat Tom Sawyer on Expert Drums quickplay. My right arm hates me right now.
  • RicoTheAwesomeCatRicoTheAwesomeCat Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I got an FC on Crushcrushcrush on Expert vocals, my lungs are normally too weak for that, but I made it all the way through, it was actually one of the most epic things I've ever done.
  • MontresorMontresor Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Finally got past Orange Crush on Expert Drums!!! It's about damn time, too.
  • dueler_xdueler_x Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    After owning the game since early January, just last night I finally beat Green Grass and High Tides on expert guitar. Amazing feeling of relief and accomplishment. I was just about to crack and get a friend to beat it for me for the achievement too, so happy I did it myself though.
  • GoldenElite0GoldenElite0 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I've finally broken into the Expert setlist for guitar. It's a continuing pattern from Guitar Hero and onto Rockband. I play through a difficulty fairly easy but I find it hard to move to the next until all of a sudden I can do it.

So after ages of playing the odd expert song or two I found I could do them. 5 star the easier songs and I can just scrape a 3 star on the toughies.
  • bradjfowlerbradjfowler Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I moved from med - expert tour on drums...... (I started hard, but am skipping it because the removed notes keep putting me off the beat)

Got my very first gold stars (I think I'm paranoid)

Was able to finish first expert tier and about 17 DLC songs on expert drums, all sight reads apart from In Bloom, which frustrated the hell out of me and I had to practice for ages.

This is a big thing for me, because I cannot play drums (but have just bought some real ones because of this game). I have also begun to notice my foot slowly starting to separate itself from my arms this week, letting me hit more bass kicks.

It's been a big week!! :D
  • GEEMIEEGEEMIEE Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    GEEMIEE;937469 said:

-Got to tier 7 in Expert Drums.
    Guess I meant tier 6.

I just played GGaHT on Expert drums. It was a sight read and I got 95%, ~360,000, with a 300 note streak... I'm pretty bad at drums, so that really shocked me. Really fun to play, although really tiring.
  • Garems007Garems007 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I just beat Ride The Lightning Expert Drums! My leg is going on vacation.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2008
  • Sherlock507Sherlock507 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    OOH! i finished solo tour on med on...thursday after i got the game on sunday.

movin on to hard...epic fail when tryin to talk on the phone and do hard at the same time
  • LektorfcLektorfc Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I beat young man blues on expert drums last night. I almost cried. Then i got drunk.
  • SoupRKnowvaSoupRKnowva Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    though i still cant seem to beat dont fear the reaper on expert drums, last week i managed to beat young man blues, tom sawyer, and wont get fooled again playing expert drums, and then me and my buddy(on expert guitar) managed to beat RttH in our band!! so that was pretty much amazing, now we can do the hall of fame and endless setlist woot!!!....and pretty much all the other sets left for us, since we did all the ones without RttH
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited August 2008
    my rock band victory was going crazy after they announced the SOAD songs
  • defenestraterdefenestrater Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I beat Young Man's Blues, Amazing Journey, and Blackened on expert drums all on the same day. It was a really good day.
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I played Welcome Home for the first time in a couple of weeks. My original score was 227k, and I felt like that had been about as good a run as I was going to get out of it.

I then proceeded to add 35k to it. 262,000+... woo!

I know people feel like it's overplayed, and I agree it is (though I played Black Hole Sun three times in four score duels last night, ugh), but I was pretty thrilled about adding that much to an already gold-star score. :)
  • ChoirChronosChoirChronos Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I beat the expert tour for guitar. :) I'm never playing GGaHT again. Ever.
  • krammkrackerkrammkracker Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I finally GS "Sugar Magnolia" by The Greatful Dead on guitar.
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    ChoirChronos;964706 said:
    I beat the expert tour for guitar. :) I'm never playing GGaHT again. Ever.
    Congratulations!

But you'll play it again. You'll be drawn to it. That little thought of, "Well, I did beat it, maybe now I can improve my score? Hmm."

That's what did me in. Made me a crazy man until I five-starred it.
  • dman7529dman7529 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I beat Expert Vocals Thursday night.

This was a major victory, in that its the first expert career I've beaten in any of the GH's or RB!
  • ChoirChronosChoirChronos Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    jtrousd;964754 said:
    Congratulations!

But you'll play it again. You'll be drawn to it. That little thought of, "Well, I did beat it, maybe now I can improve my score? Hmm."

Thanks!

And I'm ignoring the rest of your quote for mental health reasons ;)
  • OzoneJunkieOzoneJunkie Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Beat Lefty Drums Hard Career, minus RTTH (maybe someday lefty). Got through career with no fails...

On to expert lefty.

Anybody have lefty+righty animal achievement?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2008
    jtrousd;964754 said:
    Congratulations!

And that's my accomplishment this past week, although admittedly my motivation was more, "okay, so when I beat it, my 360 was offline, so now I want it on the leaderboards!"

It took me several attempts to get through Solo 2I (I need to deploy my overdrive at the beginning of 2H so that I can get enough to deploy in the middle of 2I in the meanwhile), and then it took me a couple more attempts before I got the timing in 2M back down, but I managed! Again.

Though I did get a new high score in beating it (~330k).

Maybe one of these days I will be able to beat it consistently.

And that, my friends, is where madness lies: Trying to consistently beat a ten-minute song when you regularly fail about seven minutes in, or nine and a half minutes in.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited August 2008
    Can't remember if I replied to my own post ...

But, I beat Dead On Arrival, Detroit Rock City on Expert drums this past week.
  • Kobal2Kobal2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I finally got that dang 100% upstrums bass achievement ! I'd been playing Should I Stay for over a week every time I started and ended a RB session , yet always missed a note somewhere.
    Oh, and also got my first GS ever, on vox, and on Tom Sawyer. More followed on guitar (I finally got the hang of HOPOs... when they come in small amounts that is :o)

Now if I could only play the drums for more than 5 minutes before the bloody downstairs neighbour comes up to complain...
  • BAzombieBAzombie Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Beat the last song to complete the 12 pack of "the Who" on expert drums.

Beleive it or not ... Behind Blue Eyes was the last song I had to beat. Young Man Blues is nuts, but after I got past the 2nd fill at the start, I didn't have a problem.:D

Now if I can just kill the reaper ... been stuck on that song for over 3 months now.:eek:
  • frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited August 2008
    Garems007;963704 said:
    I just beat Ride The Lightning Expert Drums! My leg is going on vacation.
    I am surprised that your leg didn't pack up and leave you for good after that song.:p
    packerfan8675309;964579 said:
    my rock band victory was going crazy after they announced the SOAD songs
    You and me both!
  • vandalizemenow00vandalizemenow00 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    1. Beat All Day Setlist on hard by myself, guitar and vox. I put the guitar on hard to compensate for my complete lack of singing ability. Only had to replay one song and I scraped by the rest to get the gold icon.

2. Preordered RB 2 for my PS 3. It would be a real victory if it came out at the same time as the 360 version.

3. Ordered a new bass pedal for my drumkit. So now I will have two bass pedals when my Rb 2 bundle gets here and I can finally use my drums, which have been collecting dust for a month, again.