Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• Bang CamaroBang Camaro Banned
    edited August 2008
    I beat the Endless Setlist on hard guitar/vocals. Pretty cool having that gold icon now.
  • hewhoislikegodhewhoislikegod Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Just beat Green Grass and High Tides on expert guitar.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1017873 said:
    Just beat Green Grass and High Tides on expert guitar.
    Ditto....after about 3 weeks of trying... :o
  • hewhoislikegodhewhoislikegod Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1017982 said:
    When did you do it?
    Earlier tonight...3 stars , but I got through it!! it took me 3 weeks for flirting too....
  • GNRrockslifeGNRrockslife Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Behind Blue Eyes 92% expert drums (up from 83%)
    Tom Sawyer 95% expert drums (up from 93%)
    Ten Speed gold star expert drums
    Baba O'Riley failed @ 99% expert drums (up from 96%, those snare sixteenths kill me)
  • grumpypariahgrumpypariah Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    finally broke out of my comfort zone, and started the transition from medium to hard.

it bites now, i'm still trying to get hard down, and yet, medium is now too slow.

i'm in a state of limbo
  • TheGodFather73TheGodFather73 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    grumpypariah;1018323 said:
    finally broke out of my comfort zone, and started the transition from medium to hard.

it bites now, i'm still trying to get hard down, and yet, medium is now too slow.

i'm in a state of limbo
    I gets better! I very rarely play anything on hard anymore unless I'm online with some friends and it's a song I know even their overdrive can't carry me through. And the charts go soooo slow. I used to think they were too fast when I started on hard also. You'll get used to it though. I started the game on medium as well, and the transition is tough for a bit, especially getting used to the extra bass. Keep at it though!
  • Jayhova5Jayhova5 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Finally beat Afterlife on expert guitar. Up next, Snow and BYOB.
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I beat Expert Vox. I was really surprised Boston took only 6 tries....
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited August 2008
    I got my second gold star on drums! Now I know that Brass in pocket and I.T.I. Paranoid are about as easy as the gold stars get, but I only got the game in late may.

And I spent the first few weeks on guitar only.

And my Ps3 went in for repairs (3 weeks) at the end of June.

And I went on a week long vacation at the end of July.

The sad part is my hard tour is sitting at 126/127 :(
    Some day I'll just have to sit down and spend some quality time with the practice mode. I don't even have to say the name of the song do I?
  • TheGodFather73TheGodFather73 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    bigmf;1019931 said:
    The sad part is my hard tour is sitting at 126/127 :(
    Some day I'll just have to sit down and spend some quality time with the practice mode. I don't even have to say the name of the song do I?
    Silver, obviously.

J/K. Must be RTTH, like a whole bunch of other people.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2008
    Filled in some GS gaps in the first three tiers on Guitar. Next up: Creep (I'm short like 2k there), Tom Sawyer (short 3k there), Paranoid (4k), Enter Sandman and Celebrity Skin (5k).

Also, still need to 5* Dead On Arrival and RttH. I can get not 5*ing RttH, but FOB? I don't remember it being THAT hard...
  • SneakmanSneakman Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I had a pretty great week overall.

Expert Drums:
    - I passed Dead on Arrival for the first time, with 87%. Woo-hoo!
    - I passed all of the Tier 8 songs on the first try, with the exception of... well, you know. I will be practicing that guitar solo until my pedal snaps. :)
    - I hit 97% on Vasoline, a song I once thought would be impossible for me to play. Practice is your friend!
    - I earned my first FC on drums when I GS'd Troublemaker. Easy song, but still a huge accomplishment for me.

Expert Guitar:
    - I passed a few songs that had been giving me trouble for a while, including Working Man, Young Man Blues, Outside and Timmy.
    - I 5-starred Foreplay/Long Time for the first time.
    - I GS'd Mississippi Queen
    - I earned my first FC on guitar when I GS'd Here It Goes Again. Another easy one, but I was really proud of my self for this one.
  • RecursiveRecursive Opening Act
    edited August 2008

Also, still need to 5* Dead On Arrival and RttH. I can get not 5*ing RttH, but FOB? I don't remember it being THAT hard...
    It's not, it's just that it's easy to break streak because of all the changeups while strumming. I've been trying to GS that song for weeks, even with 100% solo, i still come up short.
  • rflagg77rflagg77 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Ok, this isn't a big deal for the majority of you out there, but it was for me, so I'm going to post it.

I'm sticking with mostly hard guitar, slowly venturing into expert now. I'm at like, 210/216 complete on hard, and have like, 27 done on expert. Thursday morning last week though, I finally overcame a huge obstacle - my first gold star and FC. Sure, it was "They Say" which is insanely easy on expert, but it was so nice to finally see the shiny stars and the 100%.

-m
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    5 Starred Afterlife expert guitar!
  • nmitsthefishnmitsthefish Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    If this was the week that burn came out that you are talking about, I gold starred it on expert drums and still to this day have the 2nd place spot ;] also, I finally got my way overdue Electric Version FC. Again, expert drums.
  • edited August 2008
    Get 290/290 stars expert endless song list and get 1# in run to the hills ps3 ranking :D

and personal victory, 99% Next to you drums expert!!!
  • creamcheesecreamcheese Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Expert Drums - Hit 9 Million tour score this week, fairly low in the grand scheme of things, but it's a goal I've been aiming for. Gold Starred Dani California and Reptillia in the process.
  • BukketheadBukkethead Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Beat a song you thought was impossible to you?
    Yes indeedy. Won't Get Fooled Again on Hard Vocals. That sucker's been blocking me for months, and I finally squeaked through it with three stars this morning.
  • natikonatiko Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Mine would have to be Beating Burn, Aesthetics of Hate, and Constant motion all on expert drums. I had every song beat on drums except Burn and I beat that the other day. Then I downloaded these six songs and managed to beat all of them except Clouds Over California :(

Edit: Beat Clouds Over California after all :D
  • Toxin066Toxin066 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Completing Clouds Over California, Constant Motion, and Sleepwalker on expert drums.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited August 2008
    Finally got 58/58 vocal FCs. Next to You = crushed! I don't think my heart rate has ever gone as fast as it did when I hit that Ow.
  • Hannibal LeonHannibal Leon Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    finished the endless setlist before the 1st day of school on expert
  • xXs7riK3rXxxXs7riK3rXx Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Flawless;933636 said:
    Okay, let's say from last Monday to today what is your small victory you obtained this week.

Did you get a top then score on Burn on drums?
    Get a new Gold star?
    Beat a song you thought was impossible to you?
    Or something else?

Me, ... well this week ... I beat Detroit Rock City on expert drums yesterday, I squeeked by and in fact was told I was like one note from failing out at like 75% before I caught the beat again and pulled myself up to yellow area to finish the song.

... and my brother beat Run To The Hills and Smokin' on Expert Guitar, bringing him to 121/124 now... ahead of me, damn!
    I Finally beat GGHT and Expert Guitar last night! I read some posts in here on tips on how to beat it and played the song for about 3 to 4 hours straight until I finally got it. Thanks for all the tips. Now my tip is: Don't give up.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited August 2008
    I think this afternoon I'm going to fire up some Rock Band now that I've got some time to think.

Not sure if I want to beat Foreplay/Longtime and Don't Fear The Reaper, or even I Get By.... or... if I want to try to Gold Star a couple songs with a faulty yellow drum head.

I'll be sure to post any awesomeness!

[PS: This should be a sticky by now...!]
  • troywhalentroywhalen Banned
    edited August 2008
    This week I was trying for 5 new Gold Stars from Sunday - Saturday. So far I have Hitch a Ride and something about you :)
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I finally beat Joker and the Thief on Hard Guitar this week. That brings my list of songs to beat on Hard down to 10
  • CML207CML207 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I got to 30% on snow! It is the farthest Ive gotten, and probably will ever get...
    I got my 45th gold star(started week with about 37)
    I beat ...And Justice for All (Got it months ago and just not beat it)
    I beat Thrasher(Got it day it came out, and just now beat it)
    Funny thing is I was stuck on those 2 songs forever, and I beat them back to back...
    All of this refers to expert guitar by the way...
    This has actually been a hell of week for me in RB