Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    My PS3 stopped reading any kind of disc! We sent it in to be repaired/replaced! HOORAY!:D

Seriously rock band deprived right now guys... srsly!
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    After 15 -1 runs, I have finally FC'd More Than a Feeling on vox. Woot!
  • moneypmoneyp Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Rolled through the lower third of the songs on guitar and bumped my gold star count from four to eleven (I think). Also bumped up my career ranking about 6,000 spots.
  • maskofskinmaskofskin Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Ah I didn't know this thread existed or I wouldn't have made a thread.

Finally beat DFTR on expert drums last night and ordered the Ion Kit this morning! WOOHOO!
  • hewhoislikegodhewhoislikegod Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Beat B.Y.O.B on expert guitar. Didn't warm up at all. I had just got up and wanted to hear the song so, I thought I'd play it. It must have been luck cause I got like 85% with a 300+ note streak. I was a pinch away from 4 stars.
  • orionstarrorionstarr Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Finished a very strong medium on disturbed vocals and hit the notes!
  • DaddyODaddyO Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Gold starred two songs with our band. First time we gold starred as a band, and twice in one night.
  • grumpypariahgrumpypariah Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    did my first serious drum session this past weekend. learned a few things.

1 - i suck on the drums
    2 - after sweating that much after 2 songs, i am out of shape and should've quit smoking sooner
    3 - practice does help. started in the 50's - 60's (on easy..........ok, stop laughing) and ended up getting in the upper 80's after a few songs.

what can i say, i'm an uncoordinated pollock.
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Finished the Endless set list on Expert finally...me and two friends actually...no singer though...OH and didn't fail any songs...
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited August 2008
    I finally broke my bass pedal!

I don't know about you guys, but I derive a sense of pride from that, haha.
  • smeeguelsmeeguel Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    PLATINUM ARTIST!!!!

Nuff said.
    313 x 235 - 50K
    Platinum.jpg 50.2K
  • OriginZeroOriginZero Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    smeeguel;1016785 said:
    PLATINUM ARTIST!!!!
    Firstly, congrats to you. :)

I'm not sure I'd be able to get any sort of " Artist" accolade. Mainly due to the fact that I don't know anyone who lives nearby that plays RB and plays beyond Medium on a chosen instrument. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo.. my victory for the week so far is my 47th Gold Star (of, I think, 111 tracks) on the guitar. So I should really update my signature. Its lagging behind a bit.

And I will beat Run To The Hills to get through the pesky Hard Drum Tour.... eventually. :mad:
  • blackknight76blackknight76 Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Beat GGaHT on expert last night, my last on disk song and one of the four songs I hadn't beaten. RTL, Thrasher, or Snow tonight?
  • skullpitskullpit Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I had finally beaten GG&HT a couple of weeks ago and decided to play it again today. I scored about 40K higher than last time.
  • TheGodFather73TheGodFather73 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I had several big wins this week:

Drums:
    RTTH on Hard finally!
    The rest are on expert:
    Perfect Insanity
    Inside the Fire
    Detroit Rock City
    Dead on Arrival - FOB
    Dead on Arrival - The Haunted
    Tom Sawyer
    Flirtin' With Disaster
    Highway Star
    Who Are You
    Cherub Rock
    Sandman (lol)
    Afterlife

Edit: Just beat Foreplay/Longtime: 5 stars 210,476 with a 305 note streak! Woo hoo!

I'm also at nearly 6.2 mil career score, so I'm improving. Been a good week on drums for me.
  • guitaranddrumgod1978guitaranddrumgod1978 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I'm a little embarassed to admit this :o
    but I didn't have a GS on any instrument until this weekend. I GS'd I Think I'm Paranoid on drums> my first FC!!:)
  • Day_0f_ReckoningDay_0f_Reckoning Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    gold-starred Cherub Rock & Highway Star :) expert guitar

and guitaranddrumgod1978 i know what that feels like about 3 weeks ago i got my first GS on any instarment (Expert Guitar - Countdown to Insanity)
  • guitaranddrumgod1978guitaranddrumgod1978 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I know that "I think I'm Paranoid" is an easy one to GS, but it felt so damn good! :)
    I play on Hard, but on Sunday afternoon I thought "what the hell, I'll give it a shot"
    99 % first run through, got the FC on the 2nd run. I think my brain is starting to read the charts better, IDK. I played the rest of the first tier on expert, didn't get any other GS, but I know with enough practice I could probably beat a few more in a matter of weeks.

The 5 gold stars just look so damn good on my menu!
  • TheGodFather73TheGodFather73 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    guitaranddrumgod1978;1017548 said:
    I know that "I think I'm Paranoid" is an easy one to GS, but it felt so damn good! :)
    I play on Hard, but on Sunday afternoon I thought "what the hell, I'll give it a shot"
    99 % first run through, got the FC on the 2nd run. I think my brain is starting to read the charts better, IDK. I played the rest of the first tier on expert, didn't get any other GS, but I know with enough practice I could probably beat a few more in a matter of weeks.

The 5 gold stars just look so damn good on my menu!
    That was the first song I gold starred also, and it felt great getting the GS and FC at the same time. I only have 3 or 4 other GS's also, but I'm very close to a few others (less than 5k points). Gratz!
  • Kobal2Kobal2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    TheGodFather73;1017790 said:
    That was the first song I gold starred also, and it felt great getting the GS and FC at the same time. I only have 3 or 4 other GS's also, but I'm very close to a few others (less than 5k points). Gratz!
    GarraaaarrrrrgRAAAAWR !
    I've GS'd a few songs, but for the life of me, I just *can't* GS that. Can't even FC it, and it's the damn easiest song in the game... But I always make ONE mistake (most often on those B - Y - RB parts in the end.

I'm starting to really become angry with it and myself :mad:.
  • kanedbeans12kanedbeans12 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Got 7 mil. on guitar
    new gold stars: China Cat Sunflower
  • ULS_980ULS_980 Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I finally beat RttH on expert drums. :)
    If I had a decent drum set though (My yellow pad is starting to drop notes like crazy, and my red pad sometimes double hits) I'd probably be able to 5* it...
    Right now... due to my crappy drum set, I can only get like 3.75 stars. :(
  • kanedbeans12kanedbeans12 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    also now hit 60 gold stars
  • Bang CamaroBang Camaro Banned
    edited August 2008
    I beat the Endless Setlist on hard guitar/vocals. Pretty cool having that gold icon now.
    edited August 2008
    Just beat Green Grass and High Tides on expert guitar.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1017873 said:
    Just beat Green Grass and High Tides on expert guitar.
    Ditto....after about 3 weeks of trying... :o
    edited August 2008
    When did you do it?
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1017982 said:
    When did you do it?
    Earlier tonight...3 stars , but I got through it!! it took me 3 weeks for flirting too....
  • GNRrockslifeGNRrockslife Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Behind Blue Eyes 92% expert drums (up from 83%)
    Tom Sawyer 95% expert drums (up from 93%)
    Ten Speed gold star expert drums
    Baba O'Riley failed @ 99% expert drums (up from 96%, those snare sixteenths kill me)
  • grumpypariahgrumpypariah Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    finally broke out of my comfort zone, and started the transition from medium to hard.

it bites now, i'm still trying to get hard down, and yet, medium is now too slow.

i'm in a state of limbo