Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• creamcheesecreamcheese Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Expert Drums - Hit 9 Million tour score this week, fairly low in the grand scheme of things, but it's a goal I've been aiming for. Gold Starred Dani California and Reptillia in the process.
  • BukketheadBukkethead Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Beat a song you thought was impossible to you?
    Yes indeedy. Won't Get Fooled Again on Hard Vocals. That sucker's been blocking me for months, and I finally squeaked through it with three stars this morning.
  • natikonatiko Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Mine would have to be Beating Burn, Aesthetics of Hate, and Constant motion all on expert drums. I had every song beat on drums except Burn and I beat that the other day. Then I downloaded these six songs and managed to beat all of them except Clouds Over California :(

Edit: Beat Clouds Over California after all :D
  • Toxin066Toxin066 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Completing Clouds Over California, Constant Motion, and Sleepwalker on expert drums.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited August 2008
    Finally got 58/58 vocal FCs. Next to You = crushed! I don't think my heart rate has ever gone as fast as it did when I hit that Ow.
  • Hannibal LeonHannibal Leon Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    finished the endless setlist before the 1st day of school on expert
  • xXs7riK3rXxxXs7riK3rXx Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Flawless;933636 said:
    Okay, let's say from last Monday to today what is your small victory you obtained this week.

Did you get a top then score on Burn on drums?
    Get a new Gold star?
    Beat a song you thought was impossible to you?
    Or something else?

Me, ... well this week ... I beat Detroit Rock City on expert drums yesterday, I squeeked by and in fact was told I was like one note from failing out at like 75% before I caught the beat again and pulled myself up to yellow area to finish the song.

... and my brother beat Run To The Hills and Smokin' on Expert Guitar, bringing him to 121/124 now... ahead of me, damn!
    I Finally beat GGHT and Expert Guitar last night! I read some posts in here on tips on how to beat it and played the song for about 3 to 4 hours straight until I finally got it. Thanks for all the tips. Now my tip is: Don't give up.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited August 2008
    I think this afternoon I'm going to fire up some Rock Band now that I've got some time to think.

Not sure if I want to beat Foreplay/Longtime and Don't Fear The Reaper, or even I Get By.... or... if I want to try to Gold Star a couple songs with a faulty yellow drum head.

I'll be sure to post any awesomeness!

[PS: This should be a sticky by now...!]
  • troywhalentroywhalen Banned
    edited August 2008
    This week I was trying for 5 new Gold Stars from Sunday - Saturday. So far I have Hitch a Ride and something about you :)
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I finally beat Joker and the Thief on Hard Guitar this week. That brings my list of songs to beat on Hard down to 10
  • CML207CML207 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I got to 30% on snow! It is the farthest Ive gotten, and probably will ever get...
    I got my 45th gold star(started week with about 37)
    I beat ...And Justice for All (Got it months ago and just not beat it)
    I beat Thrasher(Got it day it came out, and just now beat it)
    Funny thing is I was stuck on those 2 songs forever, and I beat them back to back...
    All of this refers to expert guitar by the way...
    This has actually been a hell of week for me in RB
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited August 2008
    I just beat Move Along on Expert Drums!!

Another one bites the dust!

Not too bad, getting good at my rolls-kicks now-ish.

Also got to like 47% or something on Tell Me Baby. I need leg endurance.
  • hewhoislikegodhewhoislikegod Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Just got gold stars on Are You Gonna Be My Girl, like 5 minutes ago.

Brings me up to 60 gold stars (see sig).
  • lrdgrdlrdgrd Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    and YES !!! YES YES YES !!!...

finaly... after MONTH of "hard work"... i finaly beat RTTH and WGFA expert drums this sunday...

Whats more amazing... is that i beat one following the other... straights... no fails...

I felt UBBER !!..

and thats my victory for this week. Now preparing to beat the other impossibles for me.. like hammerhead, battery, the perfect drug and other WHO songs.
  • mike718mike718 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    exp drums:
    • beat Burn last nite (on my first attempt of the nite!)
    • got to 56% through Thrasher.. but it lives to fight another day. (i'll get you thrasher.. if its the last thing i do.)
    • kinda late for this, but got my platinum drum logo 2 weekends ago.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    YES!!! 100% Expert Drums!
    So what if its 29 Fingers.
    YES!
  • betlwedlbetlwedl Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I gold starred learn to fly and 5 starred dead on arrival on expert drums :D.
    edited August 2008
    After getting gold on Jet, 4 hours ago, I continued to pick away at the other tracks.

I got three more gold stars (Detroit Rock City, Blitzkrieg Bop and Day late, Dollar Short).

Brings me to 63. Almost 50%.

I turned a couple of 4's into 5's and, in the process, tacked on 100,000+ points onto my career score. Maybe 10 million isn't impossible.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I am officially an AN-NI-MAL!!!
  • bierfahtbierfaht Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    my biggest victory was buying the MS points cards at Target.

ugh.
    still stuck on Go with the flow hard drums

must practice more and get foot to not fall off...
  • Orion.RockOrion.Rock Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Gold Starred Welcome Home on Drums.
  • Xerosnake90Xerosnake90 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Bought the Road Runner pack, didn't fail any of the songs (amazingly). Got 1 gold star, 2 more 5 stars, and the rest are 4 stars.

I'm gonna go cry some more now...
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I 5 starred Next to You on expert drums today. That made me feel pretty sweet.

And I beat Thrasher on expert guitar... 2 days ago i think. Round three with that monster.
  • RnRRnR Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Not much compaired to most. I got my 1st FC / gold star. I have tried for this since release day.
    edited August 2008
    RnR;1028953 said:
    Not much compaired to most. I got my 1st FC / gold star. I have tried for this since release day.
    Well? What song? What instrument?
  • Xerosnake90Xerosnake90 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1028972 said:
    Well? What song? What instrument?
    Maps on expert guitar >.>

Lol
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited August 2008
    I beat run to the hills a few minutes ago.
  • randy4twrandy4tw Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I dont own rockband, So i dont get to play NEARLY as much as other people. But I got 85% on easy vocals on easy-maps. And the rest of my songs were around that as well. I know its not good at all. But im usually in the 60 percentiles. Im gonna get rockband 2 though, and ill get better.
  • Cedar-teethCedar-teeth Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Beaten Train kept a rollin :D
  • ertyuiopertyuiop Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I finally finished thrasher, snow, and rtl all in one week so I moved to gh3, thinking I was "moving up".

Apparently, there's only one hard song on that game b/c I already beat all the songs I thought were so hard. (of course except for that damn ttfaf which I fail 1% in, damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)