Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

FlawlessFlawless First Poster
edited December 2013 in Rock Band
Okay, let's say from last Monday to today what is your small victory you obtained this week.

Did you get a top then score on Burn on drums?
Get a new Gold star?
Beat a song you thought was impossible to you?
Or something else?

Me, ... well this week ... I beat Detroit Rock City on expert drums yesterday, I squeeked by and in fact was told I was like one note from failing out at like 75% before I caught the beat again and pulled myself up to yellow area to finish the song.

... and my brother beat Run To The Hills and Smokin' on Expert Guitar, bringing him to 121/124 now... ahead of me, damn!

Comments

• DarkfalzDarkfalz Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Broke 7 million on drums, putting me in the top 8000 drummers on Xbox.

While not in the great pantheon of RB drummers, that easily puts me in the top 1-2% worldwide, which is pretty good IMO.
  • brobotbrobot Sorbital, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate
    edited July 2008
    Played 5 online matches without someone quiting. Then round six came around and broke that streak.
  • UmpaUmpa Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I was able to beat RttH Finally!

:)
  • macdaddy3598macdaddy3598 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I bought drum silencers this weekend so now the neighbors are happy!
  • sparki1980sparki1980 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Finally got the 100% Expert Lead Achievement (Roxanne), and with it got my first Gold Star... that leaves me with just the Drum one left of the 100% marks... I don't own drums (won't until RB2). Later I got my second gold star while also getting the Coattails achievement.. I think that was for Still Alive, but not sure.
  • TsavoTsavo Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    GSed Highway Star and Foreplay/Longtime a few days ago.

edit: guitar
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Yesterday I GS'd on guitar

Say It Ain't So
    Gimme Shelter
    I Think I'm Paranoid
    Here It Goes Again
  • Red1922Red1922 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    A couple of achievements this past week:

1. Finally beat RttH on Hard drums to finish my tour. Squeeked by with 67% and 3 stars..LOL.

2. Started the expert tours on guitar and drums and am doing better than I thought.

3. FINALLY got the 5 stars on GGaHT on hard with a score of just over 200K.

4. FINALLY five starred And Justice for All on Hard drums.

Good week i gotta say.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I five stared a few songs that I'd only three stared or barley four stared :)

Enter Sandman
    Cherub Rock
    Wanted Dead or Alive
    Don't Fear The Reaper

Oh, and I got through the first solo on GGHT for the first time without having to save my ass with overdrive.
  • AnarchyintheUKAnarchyintheUK Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Nothing from this week, but like 2 weeks ago I finally managed to 5 star all on disk songs on hard guitar, not bad for a bassist hey.
  • FinncognitoFinncognito Unsigned
    edited July 2008
  • ModestMuseModestMuse Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    macdaddy3598;933718 said:
    I bought drum silencers this weekend so now the neighbors are happy!
    My roommate complains about the noise my Omega pedal makes more than the drum pads... He says he can drown out the tapping of drum sticks with a fan, but can do nothing about the thud of the beater hitting the clamp...

Kinda sucks cause I like to rock out at all hours, but it wakes him up. Lucky for me, I'm moving on Friday into the basement of a new house I'm leasing. Omega pedal on concrete FTW! No more annoyed roommates. (Besides, they'll be two floors up, so 24 hour rocking for me!!)

Oh, and on topic: Got the An-i-mal achievement!
  • penguinGeekpenguinGeek Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Just got RB last Sunday (7/20) and beat my medium guitar solo tour yesterday. No big deal, I know, but I'm thrilled for myself since I just started. Now I have to play it on hard and not neglect the orange fret.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2008
    It's not a "victory" but I managed to fail GG&HT on expert guitar with 95% finished.

That's better than failing out at 80% like I had been.

Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time in Practice mode. :)
  • strtfghtrstrtfghtr Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I beat Ride the Lightning on expert drums, probably one of my fav songs ever so I was pretty happy with myself. :D
  • WildBillKickoffWildBillKickoff Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Finally cracked 8M on guitar, with a 100% run on Say It Ain't So putting me over the top (expert).

Also cracked the top 20 on XBL with a flawless, near perfect run on I Get By (singing) that put me about 400 points out of 1st.
  • RandomRockStarRandomRockStar Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Finished the Hall of Fame induction on Hard playing solo/vocals. I've also cleared every song on hard drums except rtth.
  • Tomstar42Tomstar42 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I beat won't get fooled again, tom sawyer, flirtin with disaster and foreplay/longtime (last three were sightreads), on hard drums. I only get the drums out like a once a week lol
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I completed WGFA on Expert drums and got to 68% on RttH.
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Went through many songs I only got 3 or 4 stars on HARD drums and improved my score on almost all of them...sometimes you get better and have to go back to re-do the songs you did when you sukked! hahaha
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    strtfghtr;933802 said:
    I beat Ride the Lightning on expert drums, probably one of my fav songs ever so I was pretty happy with myself. :D
    That song is tough on HARD, good for you for beating it on expert.
  • frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited July 2008
    I came ||<------that close to gold-starring Timmy on vocals.

I will do it!!

I did gold star Baba O'Riley and Amazing Journey on vocals though. Currently working on Behind Blue Eyes.:D
  • strtfghtrstrtfghtr Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    zerofan;934169 said:
    That song is tough on HARD, good for you for beating it on expert.
    yeah after I played it a bunch of times on Hard I kept getting a solid 4 star (I'm no master at drums...still stuck on RttH on hard). So I said WTF and tried it on expert and barely made it through. I actually did better on the alternating hits part on expert than I do on hard.
    edited July 2008
    frizzy_bj;934175 said:
    I came ||<------that close to gold-starring Timmy on vocals.

I will do it!!

I did gold star Baba O'Riley and Amazing Journey on vocals though. Currently working on Behind Blue Eyes.:D</div>
    Thats very impressive Frizzy. Speaking of vocals I managed to 100 percent Should I Stay Or Should I Go on easy vocals yesterday replacing every word with the word "Bollocks".
  • frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited July 2008
    AnarchyintheUK;934186 said:
    Thats very impressive Frizzy. Speaking of vocals I managed to 100 percent Should I Stay Or Should I Go on easy vocals yesterday replacing every word with the word "Bollocks".
    LOL! Awesome.

You are doing really good on vocals. You will be moving up in no time!;)
  • moneypmoneyp Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    A big week for me. First FC and gold star on Expert Guitar (Train in Vain), and added two more (La La Love You and Bullets and Guns), passed Timmy and RttH on expert guitar, leaving me only two to complete the tour. Probably won't have a week that good in a long while.
    edited July 2008
    frizzy_bj;934193 said:
    LOL! Awesome.

You are doing really good on vocals. You will be moving up in no time!;)
    I don't ever intend to Gold Star vocals though, I'm happy on easy and thats my victory of this week.
  • lrdgrdlrdgrd Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Well... got to 85% on RTTH expert drums... but cant seem to beat that song, with WGFA. These are the last one eluding my full clear for the expert tour (at least for the on disc songs).

on the negative side, i believe my drum kit is finaly getting to its end life cycle... less and less sensitive :(.
  • DemiGodRavenDemiGodRaven Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Hit 192,000 something On Indestructible (expert drums).
  • BanditKingBanditKing Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Made some new rock band friends, created a thread here that lots o' people read, passed "Enter Sandman" on medium guitar....for me that's like gold staring lol. Also had a rock band party!!! Whoo hoo! :)