Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• wiejamancowiejamanco Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I beat GGaHT on expert guitar... ok, no I didn't. I failed miserably at it every time at 81%. I hate that song.
  • NeverHeardOfEmNeverHeardOfEm Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Melchiah;1219039 said:
    My victory of the week just happened about...an hour ago.

When I first got the Disturbed pack, I could only pass Indestructible on drums...and it took a quite a few tries to get it down.

However, while booting up Rock Band to beat the Stephen Colbert song on Hard and Expert with every instrument, I figured I'd screw around while on drums and try a few songs that were previously unbeaten. Now...the most shocking part of this is that I usually wear certain shoes when playing drums that work really well and feel good on the bass pedal, but...since the Stephen Colbert song sounded like it'd be basically an automatic Gold Star, I just remained barefoot as I was before booting up the game.

I then went on to play Inside a Fire...once again, barefoot, which I never play drums barefoot, haha. First try...passed! It wasn't pretty, but I passed it so I don't give a damn, haha. Then I'm like...wow, that seemed much easier than I remember it, let's try Perfect Insanity... First try...passed!

I honestly don't know what the hell is going on. I guess I've gotten a bit better on drums...but, during both songs, my foot honestly felt like it was hardly working. During the fast bass pedal parts of Inside a Fire and Perfect Insanity, I was doing terribly with the foot pedal due to being barefoot yet somehow still survived... I'm just...confused, shocked, amazed, and...kind of excited that I have definitely improved without really knowing it.
    BAREFOOT!!! That's the only way I play, real drums or RB drums. :cool:
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1218779 said:
    That made absolutely no sense.
    This was an amazing achievement for me. I beat "This Calling" on X Drums genuine sightread and I FC'd the intro up until the rolls. and what's funny now I can't even beat the song again. I keep failing around 54% or 72%.

That any better I'm bad at wording things.
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    I finally broke 6mil on solo guitar
  • stickshadystickshady Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Sunday soloed the endless setlist medium on bass and vocals soloed two big in city acheivements guitar and vocals that one in iceland and sydney going to solo the other medium ones like 7 or so left before rb2 comes out to piss off my freind who cant do them alone and is a nut about acheivement points.
  • OzoneJunkieOzoneJunkie Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Got my first vocal G* last night - Blackened :)
  • theblobtheblob Banned
    edited September 2008
    Finally FC'd Train Kept' A rollin on Ex Guitar.

Took me forever
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Finished up all the bonus songs on XDrums and got lucky enough to score a copy of RB2 from a local (kinda) gamestop...
  • NinaDNinaD Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I FINALLY beat GG&HT on Hard Bass I have only ever done 82% of the song until tonight (and this is solo, no band members helping me out)! Too bad it was a messy score 76%!
  • depthdefydepthdefy Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I beat Bite the Hand that Feeds You for the first time on expert drums (the speed of the song was a killer for me) and went on to beat the next tier of songs one after the other on my first try. I was seriously in the zone that day.
  • MythiKMythiK Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I had a lot of victories about....2 hours ago.

I finally....even though it almost dominated my arm in the process...5* Snow on Expert Guitar.....and now I think I can actually Gold Star it.

Finally beat Thrasher on Expert Guitar. I did horrible but...I beat it. All I ask for.

And I upped my percentage on the 'Constant Motion' solo by breaking the 75% barrier....it still sucks like a mofo to play.

And I Gold Starred Screaming For Vengeance.....I have no clue how I did it though. Only got 93% and had OD remaining....Must've been a very good run or something...I dunno.

By the way....the Snow/Thrasher/Constant Motion victories were ONE AFTER ANOTHER....no breaks in between either....I really think I was going for the victory of losing my hands during that set....

Tomorrow I'm going for FC's on Hammerhead and Toxicity....really want to get them out of the way before Rock Band 2 because I get -1 on both of them.....
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 2008
    I finally, FINALLY beat Charlene. Man, that one's a pain in my gluteals!

Also, I got my Score Duel Streak. And that's five in a row, with none of them dropping out early! (Not to say I haven't run into that behavior, but I somehow managed five victories in a row without losing or them disconnecting!)
  • LesPaul5391LesPaul5391 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I just beat GGaHT on expert guitar. I've had Rock Band since the day it launched. At first I played guitar and drums pretty equally; as I progressed I started playing drums more. Eventually I reached a point where I had only one song left on my expert guitar tour, while my drumming was considerably more advanced than that. Sick of GGaHT, I started to drum exclusively, not really touching the guitar for months. Well, I've had a bit of an RMA delay on my drums, so I decided to give GGaHT another try. Tried it a few times two days ago, a few times yesterday, and finally beat it today. It took me forever, but that's not affecting this feeling of victory!
  • zztoddzztodd Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    :D Flawless Drummer, and Flawless Groove Achievements! I have been trying to get the drummer one for some time, my red pad sucks! The Bass achievement was just an unexpected surprise! I don't play bass often. :D
  • DaddyODaddyO Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Finally gold starred Should I Stay or Should I Go on guitar. Pathetic, I know, but I had trouble with going too fast on pulling off RB to hit a single R until I really focused on it. And, it wasn't because of the new GS changes. I really killed it. Ranked around 9000, which is great for me :p

Also GS'd Maps, Orange Crush, and When We Were Young. Only one did I miss the old GS cutoff - by less than 100 points. I'll take them though.

Brings my number of gold starred songs up to 10!
  • churnekchurnek Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    BEAT THE ENDLIST SET LIST!
    ...again!
    This time solo on vox/bass!
  • Sid KafizzSid Kafizz Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1177859 said:
    Back to back to back gold stars on expert guitar.

- Something About You (Man! I love Boston!)

That's my absolute favorite song (expert drums) so far. Not that it's that hard - it's just FUN!:D

Oh, no real acheivements lately - I've been stuck on Dead on Arrival on the solo drums tour for weeks. I think that I'm just too old & slow to ever pass it. :(
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1158258 said:
    It was a good post, until the word medium popped up. :p
    Hey easy on those who do Medium...I mean I prefer Hard level myself, but when I didnt have my buddy there to do it with me I had no choice but to do Guitar and Vocals, Endless Setlist, by myself on Medium! It was a blast and I wouldnt have gotten through it on Hard by myself...with a friend yes...
  • nmitsthefishnmitsthefish Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    This week my new accomplishment is Expert Drums Foreplay/Long Time FC.. twice.. once without a path and once with Constables glitch path. =)
  • screwtopscrewtop Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    I finally gold starred 3 of the Boston songs on guitar.
  • VolviVolvi Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Run To The Hills... hard drums... yayyyyy!
  • JSchmidt85JSchmidt85 Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Flawless drumming and 100% on drum roll part in TKaR
  • vandalizemenow00vandalizemenow00 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Top 250 (PSN) band by fans voxtar.
  • HockeywallHockeywall Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I've beaten every song on hard that i have [142 dlc, thrash pack, metallica, etc.] besides RTTH. 5starred the thrash pack and all the metallica songs! Then four starred AJFA on expert drums with a 93%.
  • Tjfraz1Tjfraz1 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Got 4 stars on GGaHT in World tour on guitar and bass. I primarily play bass but we (me and my gf) switched and we beat it. I literally held my breath for the last 2.5 minutes of the song. Then i jumped up and down and almost passed out. I was (and am) really happy about it. Side note: About 2 hours earlier, I told my friends we would beat it before I pick up the game on Tuesday.
  • Nev3rend3rNev3rend3r Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I beat Don't fear the Reaper expert drums(4 stars) and beat guitar solo tour on expert.

the only song left to beat on drums is run to the hills

Oh and my band reached 1 million fans
  • southside_wolfsouthside_wolf Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    5GS Sugar Magnolia, 98th in the world on PS3
  • xIceOhxxIceOhx Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Finally gold-starred "The Perfect Drug" on drums. Even got above the pre-patch cutoff, which was even more satisfying. Probably my best gs so far, just because I couldn't even pass the song about a month ago.
  • VoodooVoodoo Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Well i got my 1st goldstar ever...drums on monsoon..LOL

Oh and i managed to play trough highway star without dropping my sticks :)
  • ClassicCarrawayClassicCarraway Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    My RB victory for the week is transferring the songs from the disc to my hard drive, and then promptly deleting those songs (which I refuse to name because I want nothing more to do with them) from "The Outlaws", "Honest Bob", and "Freezepop".