Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2008
    I beat effing Green Grass and High Tides on Expept Guitar on September 13th. : D
  • xBeLikeChrisxBeLikeChris Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I got into the 90s in percentage for Aesthetics of Hate on drums. Only a matter of time before I get a new kit so I can take it into quickplay.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited September 2008
    i gold starred critical acclaim today...happy bout that.
  • blackknight76blackknight76 Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    buying rock band 2...and thinking of an awesome band name

"That Confounded Bride" will rock the virtual world over.
  • hewhoislikegodhewhoislikegod Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Added over 200,000 to my career score, after I thought I had already peaked.

Jumped over 200 places on the PSN leaderboards.

2 more gold stars (one of them being Foreplay/Longtime, HOLLA!)

Super pumped about today's events. w00t w00t
  • 2kewl4nrml2kewl4nrml Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    1. Completed hard tour on drums, including all my 15 downloads and blackened (4 *'s on blackened) (82% RTTH)

2. Can drum every single song on expert except for RTTH, Wont get fooled, Blackened (sometimes RTTH on somedays if I have alot of endurance that day)

3. Barely finished with my expert guitar tour GGHT left and thats it

4. Finishing up my band world tour by myself (hard vocals and bass *sometimes guitar*)
  • lrdgrdlrdgrd Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    this has been a wierd week.
    Broke my stock pedal. Made myself a new one with a real drum pedal and some sensors. Took weeks to calibrate till "perfection". Now im just braking all my records and goldstaring several a day (that is... when i play).

It feelt good gold staring Vasoline... but im sooo angry that i wasnt awarded a 100% for it. Im sooo sure i didnt make any mistakes and recieve a 99% out of it was just crap.

There is this other song on a higher tier... cant remember the name tho... i got goldstars and FAILED IT RIGHT AT THE END !!!!!!! OMG !!! what can be any worse than that !!!!. Tried several times to regain goldstar and be able to complete it. Didnt get the same score (gold star but not as high as it was when i failed it) but at least it was gold star.

Thats it for this week.
    edited September 2008
    Just FC'd WGFA on bass.

Scores me 11th on PSN (without using a path, as usual).

Yeah. Pumped about that.
  • grumpypariahgrumpypariah Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    was on a tight schedule, leaving for vacation extremely early Friday morning, front loading my time at work so i didn't have to use an actual paid day off for Friday, packing, etc, etc...............and my brother-in-law being over thursday night......and he will definitely want to play..........and usual "fighting" with the wife for the TV

i did it, i got through all of the Marathon Challenges, and unlocked all the songs. my #1 goal before vacation. once i'm back, i'm then tackling BWT.

i'm going to have to do a few challenges with my other band members to get them money and such, but that's minor

i'm just praying........that doing the marathon and opening the songs with one band makes them available for another band i have. if not, i may be doing the marathon challenges again!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 2008
    Managed to pass DFtR Hard by way of conserving OD towards the end. I'll have to find a way of passing that section properlike if I ever want to make it through Expert.

I'm one RttH away from Heavy Hitter.
  • HollywoodBoundHollywoodBound Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Mine was just being able to obtain a copy of RB2. I went into gamestop at 10am on Sunday and they only had 2 copies available that weren't set aside for pre orders. So being able to get the game itself was mine!
    edited September 2008
    hewhoislikegod;1248821 said:
    Added over 200,000 to my career score, after I thought I had already peaked.

Jumped over 200 places on the PSN leaderboards.
    Added 200,000 more to my career score and jumped another 200 spots on the PSN leaderboards.

Back to back days of adding 200,000 to my career score and jumping 200 spots on the leaderboards, after I thought I had peaked.

I'm pretty sure I'm done now, though.
  • timothydog76timothydog76 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Gold starred Tom Sawyer on Expert drums yesterday with my ION kit. Checked the RB2 Leaderboards later in the day and I was 16th place! Wow. I'm not used to being that high.
  • MaddenManMaddenMan Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I just gold 5 Starred a song on expert, never done that before.
  • habhaphabhap Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I made some sort of mental plateau leap and passed Constant Motion and Ride the Lightning on expert guitar, and can seem to consistently do well on them now. Only thing I haven't passed now is Thrasher and Snow.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    I sing on easy (all I have is a crappy 360 headset mic, and to be honest I'm not that good). I usually 4 or 5 star songs, and I have done a bit on medium....

So I decided to try performance mode (tailor made for Vox I think).
    Skullcrusher Mountain - I song I know by heart, on medium.

99%.

Pretty cool.
  • MontresorMontresor Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Finally beat Blackened on expert guitar (only hit 80% of notes, but oh well). Now if I could just conquer RtL I'll be done with Metallica...
  • SongbladeSongblade Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    I DIDN'T play Rock Band to excess the last two weeks. I started college and need the time to study/work on assignments.

I consider this a victory as I have a horribly addictive personality... My Rock Band victory was this: learned to play in moderation.

(oh, and made it to 2160th in the leaderboards for Guitar ... that's probably changed since the 13th.)
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited September 2008
    Conquered the Endless Setlist 2 on vocals! Got 80/84 gold stars and the Steel Bladder achievement. My hat goes off to anyone who can get that achievement as a solo player on expert drums or guitar.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1959/1001726gn1.jpg
  • GoshdarnitGoshdarnit Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    My RB victory this week was getting in with a pre-order at DVDBoxOffice the day they started taking pre-orders for PS3. :) 1 month to go...
  • ChewyChavezIIIChewyChavezIII Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    I went to bed before 2AM last night, and I am not tired at work today.

VICTORY!!!!! SUCCESS!!!!
  • SpecialJSpecialJ Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I went back to RB1 to try to get the last 3 songs I need to finish the Hard tour.

Train Kept a Rollin' and Green Grass and High Tides finally got beat. 3 stars and it wasn't pretty. Had to hold on to Overdrive during those solos (came within a sliver of losing GGaHT a couple times when I'd get some white notes in the nick of time) but victory is mine!

Flirting with Disaster is all that stands in my way.
  • toMsons1987toMsons1987 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Beat Visions with out star power, so yea. I am happy's!!!!
  • haruki_jitsuninharuki_jitsunin Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I beat all but two songs of the on-disk rockband 2 songs. Those two: visions and panic attack. This is, of course, on expert drums.
  • capnhowdy69capnhowdy69 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Platinum artist and steel bladder... oh yeah...
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Scored Rock Band 2 Thursday and beat the Impossible Expert Vocal challenge 12 hours later. Spoonman is harder than Bob Dylan and the System song I don't know why it's listed as easier.
  • OzoneJunkieOzoneJunkie Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Finally, got my drum career into the 8 million mark (RB1 FTW!). That makes me happy \o/

EDIT: finally beat Hammerhead expert drums
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 2008
    First Drum GS (Wonderwall, I think. It could have been Live Forever, I suppose.).

More GSes in Guitar, including one Tier 9. Currently remaining in career:

*Creep - 113k - 114,701
    *Electric Version - 165k - 170,327

*Black Hole Sun - 108k - 110,083

Ballroom Blitz - 132k - 158,953
    Dead On Arrival - 193k - 207,672
    *Vasoline - 108k - 120,351

Flirtin' With Disaster - 169k - 185,113
    Train Kept a-Rollin' - 106k - 160,156
    Run to the Hills - 90k (4*) - 111,949 - 170,107
    Green Grass and High Tides - 334k - 413,106

The starred ones are those that are GS with the new cutoff, but not the old cutoff.
  • Evoracer22Evoracer22 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    3 accomplishments for me:
    Gold Starred Electric Eye
    and 5 starred Sleepwalker
    Also beat the Entire Peace Sells album
  • ForSakeNForSakeN Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    2 for me today.

5* visions
    Gold starred hammerhead (OLD cutoff)

(drums)