Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• sn3ak3rp1mpsn3ak3rp1mp Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Took the entire kit to a friends house for a drunken wedding party, we rocked out for hours, and I managed to get everything back in one piece. That makes it about 10 times I've had the entire kit torn down and hauled somewhere, then bashed on by random people (usually under the influence) without incident.

It's funny but the only times I've ever had damage done to any of the instruments has been at home with my usual band. My theory is that while my band and I play on hard / expert, usually everyone is on easy / medium at parties.
  • Moo CowMoo Cow Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Pulled myself into the top 4400 for Guitar Solo Career. Don't think it's updating very well, though. My game showed something around 8.3M points, while the website several hours later is only showing around 8.1.

If the damn thing would update properly, it should put me in the top 3500 or so.

I'm getting pretty damn bored of trying to Gold Star songs, though. I've been working on the harder songs, and missing that one note over and over is just getting annoying. I'll probably stop playing guitar soon and go back to having fun on the drums.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Moved up to Medium on Drums and beat about 15 songs in a row. Given the last time I tried medium drums I failed out every third song or so, that was a pretty good one for me. I finally started to get the Yellow, Y+R, Yellow, Y+Foot, Yellow rhythm down.
  • KingapeKingape Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    My Band Got the record in 'Here Comes Your Man' and "Real Good Looking Boy'
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Since last Monday, I finally:

Completed the Hard guitar tour (still about 10 songs to go to complete the Expert tour)

Gold-starred another song on guitar

Earned Flawless achievements on guitar, drums and bass

Finally started going through and playing all our DLC on Hard (we mostly play quickplay or World Tour, so I'd never gone through and played 'em on Solo tour. A lot of them I hadn't played yet or hadn't played on Hard).
  • ShadarrShadarr Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I beat Dead On Arrival and Detroit Rock City on Expert drums today, then five-starred Enter Sandman on my first playthrough. And then I failed out of Reaper, but I was mentally prepared for that.

I also got my first gold star on drums this week. I'm pretty sure that if not for faulty drums, I would be fc'ing some of the easy songs, but as it was I had my streak broken several times.
  • PalladigmaPalladigma Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I 3* GGaHT, 4* And Justice for All, 4* Don't fear the Reaper. All this on expert guitar.
  • NocturnalNocturnal Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I did my first successful tapping using the solo frets on Bloodstone (at the end where it keeps going G B G R G Y G R G Y G O G R or whatever). And beat Green Grass and High Tides (Expert Guitar) but that might have been last week actually.

Only gotta beat Snow ((Hey Oh)) and Ride the Lightning now.
  • gocryemokidgocryemokid Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    couple more gold stars, none too impressive except maybe highway star which is my first tier 9 gold star..up to i think 18 now and i believe 5.9 mil on expert guitar
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I get my drums today!!

To me thats a huge victory!!!
  • MaelphaedorMaelphaedor Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I found out that even though I generally play guitar at the medium level, I can actually play Roxanne on expert and do fairly well. I was shocked at how simple the song's note progression was once I actually looked at it and didn't do the whole *panic!* thing because it was on expert. It may very well be my 1st gold star if I set down one day and really hammer on it.
  • Scott87Scott87 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Gold Starred a bunch of songs on Expert Guitar:

Devour
    Junkies for Fame
    Last
    Capital G
    Yomp
    They Say
    The Perfect Drug (This one i'm happiest about)
  • brobotbrobot Sorbital, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate
    edited July 2008
    Picked up a couple more gold star last night. Foreplay/Longtime and Wanted Dead or Alive. Also finally hit every note in that little crazy part at the end of Wanted Dead or Alive, I was so stoked.
  • KingapeKingape Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Oh and we got the record on "Monkey Gone to Heaven', beat score hero on 'a clean shot' too.
  • Munger88Munger88 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I beat Through the Fire and Flames on guitar, Can't Let Go on expert vox, and Won't Get Fooled Again on drums. All three were pretty cool. Can't Let Go was in Band Quickplay, and I did Won't Get Fooled on my friend's version of Rock Band for the Wii. TTFAF is probably my greatest achievment ever.
  • v1g1lance1v1g1lance1 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Finally broke 10.5 career score on drums. Next stop, 10.6 (which would be easily do-able if I could frigging 5* RTTH - I HATE THAT SONG) :)

Oooo, and I finally got my 100% FC on expert vocals (I suck @ vocals :) )
  • Moo CowMoo Cow Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    managed to get into the top 3500 LIVE Guitar players now... Although the stupid leaderboard on this website won't update properly, the in game leaderboard does.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited July 2008
    I just beat Dead On Arrival on drums this morning!!!!

Then quickly went on to beat Highway Star, Cherub Rock, and Enter Sandman.

Now the friggin' Reaper, and the intro to Foreplay.
  • Jack_TJack_T Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I got the virtuoso achievement.
  • NunHuggerNunHugger Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Finally got through Working Man on expert...guitar that is.

Yippee!
  • ho_masterho_master Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Gold starred go with the flow finally. I finished 3000 points short twice and 500 points short once out of the 40 times i had to play it to GS it. >:O
  • gusano311gusano311 Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    made it 87 % gght before falling thats my last of 5 songs including all dlc to finish. evile shockwave snow and personal hell song the monkees
  • svartikinssvartikins Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I FC'd Crushcrushcrush and Synchronicity II in the PS2 RB Track Pack on expert guitar. WOOHOO!
  • DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I GS'd my second and third song on drums and got 5 stars on 8 more songs yesterday... so I guess I am still getting better.
  • UmpaUmpa Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Updated!

I just beat DOA on expert! Finally just would try it in between other songs and finally beat it.

So the past week I beat RttH on hard drums
    and beat DOA on expert drums.

Woo- Hoo
    :D
  • SixxxShotsSixxxShots Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Eh...i got both of the 20 Wins achievements (Tug O War and Score Duel) that was pretty cool i guess.
  • Garems007Garems007 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I just beat Tom Sawyer on Expert Drums quickplay. My right arm hates me right now.
  • RicoTheAwesomeCatRicoTheAwesomeCat Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I got an FC on Crushcrushcrush on Expert vocals, my lungs are normally too weak for that, but I made it all the way through, it was actually one of the most epic things I've ever done.
  • MontresorMontresor Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Finally got past Orange Crush on Expert Drums!!! It's about damn time, too.
  • dueler_xdueler_x Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    After owning the game since early January, just last night I finally beat Green Grass and High Tides on expert guitar. Amazing feeling of relief and accomplishment. I was just about to crack and get a friend to beat it for me for the achievement too, so happy I did it myself though.