Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• I unlocked the 900 rating cheevo.

• Probably not a big deal to most here, but my first FC on Hard guitar.
  • I unlocked the 700 rating! ^_^ Yay!!! [/easily amused]
  • I unlocked the Level 50 cheevo last night. :)
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited December 2016
    Bringing this thread back because, thanks to last week's challenge, I finally got gold stars on Hail to the King and Mr. Crowley on expert guitar!

Also my crew got number one in Gold tier, which goes to show that sometimes it's not all bad getting demoted from Platinum because nobody in your crew wanted to buy Heathens.
  • Older screenshot, but I think I am still in the top 5 tied with other peeps.

• Finally 5 starred Through the Fire and Flames on Hard guitar. Not quite as impressive as some others, but man it felt good.

If I'm still playing in a few years, maybe I'll be able to get past the intro on expert. :tongue:

As a Hard player who isn't even on this level yet, I can appreciate your accomplishment and hope to get there one day. :)
  • JoeSlapBassJoeSlapBass Unsigned
    Finally got my Drum Skill up to 1000 with most of my library played. Yes!! Only to be taken back down to 999 with a 5 star on a one of those rippin' hard 90's Megadeath tunes.

Ups and Downs... Strikes and Gutters... You know...
  • albert_24albert_24 Unsigned
    I now have over 600 songs in my song library.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    The other day I finally got 5* on hard bass for GG&HT.
  • Technically took 2 weeks, but I went from barely being able to handle the Jag controller and a 250 bass rating to a 650 bass rating and ... breaking my Jag controller in the process.

I unlocked the 900 rating cheevo.

You could have done that just by making a dummy account and doing gold stars on 7 well selected songs. XD
  • I sightread FC'd "The Weight (Live)" by The Band and "Stacked Actors" by Foo Fighters. I also sightread FC'd the solo to Rope by FF, though I missed a couple parts before and after the solo.
  • I sightread FC'd the solo to Inside the Fire by Disturbed. Though I missed a few parts before and after the solo.
  • edited March 23
    Ultimate victory over the skill rating system... overcame a hard F/C on vox with an expert 5* w00t.

ETA: Incidentally, on "Grind" by AiC.

EETA: @LordFlatus -- Having changed my mindset about skill ratings recently, I have to disagree that a 900 skill rating is an achievement worthy of victory. So sad. :disappointed:

EEEEETA: @LordFlatus -- When you've played a library of 1,000+ songs and grinded up to a 900 rating, that's an achievement. Especially with how bizarre the skill rating system is.
  • I know I posted twice in a week, but I would like to declare that my bass skill passed 700 finally. This despite the fact that 2 months ago, I could barely even use my Jag to navigate the game.

Oh wait, skill rating doesn't constitute much victory.
  • edited March 16
    LoopyChew said:

Hit Level 50 this week by GSFCing Heart-Shaped Box on bass, and also we managed to stop the platinum-diamond yoyo, however briefly, by staying safe in Diamond this week.

Which reminds me... my crew hit fml tied our biggest period of stability ever... third week in a row in the same tier (Diamond).

LoopyChew said:

Hit Level 50 this week by GSFCing Heart-Shaped Box on bass, and also we managed to stop the platinum-diamond yoyo, however briefly, by staying safe in Diamond this week.

Which reminds me... my crew hit our biggest period of stability ever... third week in a row in the same tier (Diamond).
    We did three weeks in a row over the xmas holiday, when I presume many top crew people were visiting family instead of playing. I have no explanation for this current run in Diamond.

tl;dr This isn't our first time ever. We need to hold serve one more week to set a record! ;)
  • edited March 16
    @LordFlatus - ETC... lol.

Though random memory from over break...
    Me (around 10PM): "I'm at my parents' house for 3 days and forgot my Xbox."
    Crewmate: "How far away are you?"
    Me: "40 miles each way."
    CM: "It's the last day of the challenge. If you drive fast you can go home and grind out a few... and then bring your Xbox back with you."
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Just gonna copy-paste this from WADYRN, since this is where it belongs.

I coulda swore there as an accomplishments thread on here, but I'm having trouble finding it. So guess I'll just post this thing I'm very proud of here:

With this, I have 5-starred every song in my RB4 library on Expert guitar. I was gonna go to bed, but decided "Eh, f*** it, let's try Dream Genie again," and after exhausting myself down-strumming the majority of the song (when using a Jaguar, I tend to keep rhythm better when down-strumming since I can hear some sort of sound with it), got five stars!

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    @AndyTheIndigoer Whilst it may not be particularly difficult to cheaply get the 900+ rating achievement, surely it takes some skill to consistently maintain a 900+ rating, over hundreds of songs?
  • razor63 said:

@AndyTheIndigoer Whilst it may not be particularly difficult to cheaply get the 900+ rating achievement, surely it takes some skill to consistently maintain a 900+ rating, over hundreds of songs?

I actually agree that skill's pretty valid if gotten through talent over a large library. Those who post 900+ and have done hundreds/thousands of songs deserve to have a higher rating than me.

HMX should really be taking a balance between # of songs completed and assigned skill. As in, need to complete MOAR songs before getting our little skill badges. Until then, skill means nothing by itself, because I could easily be rated 950+ if I took the best 100 out of my 450+ songs. And that cheapens genuinely epic ratings like yours.

• CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Noticed that I had 98% and 5* on "Happy?". I only went and FC'd it! :smiley:
    Interesting...

• edited March 23
    @LordFlatus -- Be lucky there wasn't a 'kick from crew' vote icon... so I did my best approximation instead. ;-)

(ETA: No, I have no intention of kicking him from our crew, but it's amusing to play the crew leader card because there's no other card I can really play.)