Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    After having given up on it since 2015, I passed "Hot for Teacher" on guitar for once, which had previously been the only song in my RB4 library that I couldn't complete on guitar. Feels good.
  • Got 99% on bass on expert on "Stand Back". Super proud of this as I normally can't alt strum for extended periods and this song is ALLLLL fast alt strumming. I ALLLLLMOST got gold stars!
  • Got 99% on bass on expert on "Stand Back". Super proud of this as I normally can't alt strum for extended periods and this song is ALLLLL fast alt strumming. I ALLLLLMOST got gold stars!

No kidding, that and "Edge of Seventeen" are songs that sound very nice but are quite horrible to play (because they are mostly alt-strumming the same note over and over).
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Try expert pro drums on Edge of Seventeen for a truly percussonistic version of alt-strum drumming with movement. I can't keep up when it starts throwing in blue and green cymbals, but I'm close enough to think I can... but I can't.
  • Try expert pro drums on Edge of Seventeen for a truly percussonistic version of alt-strum drumming with movement. I can't keep up when it starts throwing in blue and green cymbals, but I'm close enough to think I can... but I can't.

The day I can nail such drum charts as that and Rio's is the day I'll proudly display my scores in this discussion lol

(seriously, if the whole song is one giant drum roll interrupted by very few and very small fills, it'll sound awesome but play horribly)
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Edge of Seventeen is probably the track that has the biggest discrepancy between how much I like the song and how much I loathe the chart in the entire game. It's far too easy on hard, but a huge PITA to play on expert (for me anyway... can't keep a streak on guitar or bass).
    On topic... 5 starred RIme of the Ancient Mariner on expert guitar + bass for the first time, and Seventh Son on expert guitar for the first time.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited May 18

I never expected to FC this! :o
    Just Sunday Bloody Sunday left to go for the U2 full artist FC! :smiley:
  • I passed (and taunted) three 900+ rated bassist crewmates of mine at once on at least 2 songs. They were not happy about this.
    I finally picked up the "GS 30 disc songs in QP" cheevo, so I went ahead and fired up Shows Mode and also finally grabbed that "I told you so" cheevo where on vox you fail out of a song you voted against. Oddly enough the vocalist kept winning the coin-flip in a two-man band so the hard part of that cheevo was the 12 times in a row I selected "More Songs" on vox.
    Gold starred 2112 on bass.

Wasn't expecting to pull it off since I screwed up a couple unison phrases, but I killed it on the the last part, much to my surprise and snuck out the gold. I'll take it!
  • edited May 31
    LoopyChew said:

I have singlehandedly put my crew into Diamond unless someone in one of the competing crews decides to play a song in the next four hours.

Your avatar seems adequate for this post.

Also congrats! That's a lot of plays for a (relatively) weak challenge lol I couldn't muster more than 30 during the weekend (unfortunately).
  • edited June 1
    On a less important note, I got my vocal skill rating above 800 despite the fact that the rating system is essentially a random number generator when it comes to the functional aspects of rating the user based on skill.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Tyrus1235 said:

LoopyChew said:

I have singlehandedly put my crew into Diamond unless someone in one of the competing crews decides to play a song in the next four hours.

Also congrats! That's a lot of plays for a (relatively) weak challenge lol I couldn't muster more than 30 during the weekend (unfortunately).
    Sadly, when I loaded my results screen I was told I was only in the safe zone.

Oh well, what's one guy gonna do?
  • 555 song plays later........

555 plays in that challenge? I'm not sure if I am impressed or concerned for your well being. ;)

Congrats either way.
  • yes in that challenge, 4 day weekend with guitar glued to my hand
    LoopyChew said:

Tyrus1235 said:

LoopyChew said:

Sadly, when I loaded my results screen I was told I was only in the safe zone.

Oh well, what's one guy gonna do?
    HIT MOAR NOTEZ!!!1!!!!!1!!!11!!!!eleven!!!!!!
    edited June 1
    Woo-hoo! My victory for the week is that I actually had a song score reduced during the leader board adjustments!

***EDIT***
    Hold that thought! I actually had *THREE* bass song scores lowered!!!
    ***EDIT***

Bass:
    Bob Marley and the Wailers, "Stir It Up"
    The White Stripes, "Seven Nation Army"
    T. Rex, "Jeepster"

I don't even know how to cheat, so I'm not sure how I got flagged for this. But that must've been a hell of a run I went on to beat some of RINGOJONES's scores!
  • Finally just FC'd More Than a Feeling on expert guitar..... Not a particularly challenging song by any means but still feels great after always missing a note here or there over the years.
  • My victory this week came tonight in purchasing my 2000th song. My goal of one day owning all available songs edges closer! Huzzah!
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act

Got this 2 days ago and my bass skill increased to 995! :smiley:
  • baumpaulbaumpaul Unsigned
    Quite a few accomplishments I'm proud of this week.
    First, I completed all in-game missions on Tuesday.
    Today I finally got 5 stars on Nevermore expert guitar and I'm currently pretty close to getting Gold Stars on Through the fire and flames pro drums
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    CAL022 said:

Got this 2 days ago and my bass skill increased to 995! :smiley:

You need to come over to my house and play that for me lol. I enjoy Motorhead but my goodness, I can't play their songs for the life of me.
  • I did a vox expert full combo + GS on Knock 'Em Down.

There are 13 900+ rated vocalist friends of mine who are currently very upset. ^_^
  • I did 142 song plays for this last (well, current) challenge! All in one day (and a bit of one night). Most of those were vox, but I planned on doing more than that - thing is, my guitar's batteries did not agree with my plans (nor did my sore arms after two 15-song sets on drums).
    I've logged a touch more than 40k XP for this final challenge of season 0. That's a lot for me, and almost all of it was in two days.
  • Had two big victories last night! The first was my crew being promoted to diamond tier in the final season 0 challenge. Our spotlight scores were only around 75% without much hope of improving that, but our crew leader had been xping nonstop and we kept hovering right around the promotion line in platinum tier. I joined for awhile last night, and we wound up just barely into the promotion zone. Pretty sweet!

Then my second big victory was when I was looking at difficulty 0 through 3 drum songs, and noticed that I had only one of them with only four stars on Expert: Blink-182 "I Miss You". I had previously had trouble with its drum loop, obviously. I played it briefly, felt like I was finally getting the hang of the drum loop, restarted the song, and... full combo! I'm pretty certain I've never gone directly from four stars to a full combo before.