Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited May 18

I never expected to FC this! :o
    Just Sunday Bloody Sunday left to go for the U2 full artist FC! :smiley:
  • I passed (and taunted) three 900+ rated bassist crewmates of mine at once on at least 2 songs. They were not happy about this.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I finally picked up the "GS 30 disc songs in QP" cheevo, so I went ahead and fired up Shows Mode and also finally grabbed that "I told you so" cheevo where on vox you fail out of a song you voted against. Oddly enough the vocalist kept winning the coin-flip in a two-man band so the hard part of that cheevo was the 12 times in a row I selected "More Songs" on vox.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Gold starred 2112 on bass.

Wasn't expecting to pull it off since I screwed up a couple unison phrases, but I killed it on the the last part, much to my surprise and snuck out the gold. I'll take it!
  • edited May 31
    LoopyChew said:

I have singlehandedly put my crew into Diamond unless someone in one of the competing crews decides to play a song in the next four hours.

Your avatar seems adequate for this post.

Also congrats! That's a lot of plays for a (relatively) weak challenge lol I couldn't muster more than 30 during the weekend (unfortunately).
  • edited June 1
    On a less important note, I got my vocal skill rating above 800 despite the fact that the rating system is essentially a random number generator when it comes to the functional aspects of rating the user based on skill.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Tyrus1235 said:

LoopyChew said:

I have singlehandedly put my crew into Diamond unless someone in one of the competing crews decides to play a song in the next four hours.

Also congrats! That's a lot of plays for a (relatively) weak challenge lol I couldn't muster more than 30 during the weekend (unfortunately).
    Sadly, when I loaded my results screen I was told I was only in the safe zone.

Oh well, what's one guy gonna do?
  • 555 song plays later........

• thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    555 plays in that challenge? I'm not sure if I am impressed or concerned for your well being. ;)

Congrats either way.
  • yes in that challenge, 4 day weekend with guitar glued to my hand
    LoopyChew said:

Tyrus1235 said:

LoopyChew said:

Sadly, when I loaded my results screen I was told I was only in the safe zone.

Oh well, what's one guy gonna do?
    HIT MOAR NOTEZ!!!1!!!!!1!!!11!!!!eleven!!!!!!
    edited June 1
    Woo-hoo! My victory for the week is that I actually had a song score reduced during the leader board adjustments!

***EDIT***
    Hold that thought! I actually had *THREE* bass song scores lowered!!!
    ***EDIT***

Bass:
    Bob Marley and the Wailers, "Stir It Up"
    The White Stripes, "Seven Nation Army"
    T. Rex, "Jeepster"

I don't even know how to cheat, so I'm not sure how I got flagged for this. But that must've been a hell of a run I went on to beat some of RINGOJONES's scores!
  • Finally just FC'd More Than a Feeling on expert guitar..... Not a particularly challenging song by any means but still feels great after always missing a note here or there over the years.
  • My victory this week came tonight in purchasing my 2000th song. My goal of one day owning all available songs edges closer! Huzzah!
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act

Got this 2 days ago and my bass skill increased to 995! :smiley:
  • baumpaulbaumpaul Unsigned
    Quite a few accomplishments I'm proud of this week.
    First, I completed all in-game missions on Tuesday.
    Today I finally got 5 stars on Nevermore expert guitar and I'm currently pretty close to getting Gold Stars on Through the fire and flames pro drums
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    CAL022 said:

Got this 2 days ago and my bass skill increased to 995! :smiley:

You need to come over to my house and play that for me lol. I enjoy Motorhead but my goodness, I can't play their songs for the life of me.
  • I did a vox expert full combo + GS on Knock 'Em Down.

There are 13 900+ rated vocalist friends of mine who are currently very upset. ^_^
  • I did 142 song plays for this last (well, current) challenge! All in one day (and a bit of one night). Most of those were vox, but I planned on doing more than that - thing is, my guitar's batteries did not agree with my plans (nor did my sore arms after two 15-song sets on drums).
    I've logged a touch more than 40k XP for this final challenge of season 0. That's a lot for me, and almost all of it was in two days.
  • Had two big victories last night! The first was my crew being promoted to diamond tier in the final season 0 challenge. Our spotlight scores were only around 75% without much hope of improving that, but our crew leader had been xping nonstop and we kept hovering right around the promotion line in platinum tier. I joined for awhile last night, and we wound up just barely into the promotion zone. Pretty sweet!

Then my second big victory was when I was looking at difficulty 0 through 3 drum songs, and noticed that I had only one of them with only four stars on Expert: Blink-182 "I Miss You". I had previously had trouble with its drum loop, obviously. I played it briefly, felt like I was finally getting the hang of the drum loop, restarted the song, and... full combo! I'm pretty certain I've never gone directly from four stars to a full combo before.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    Amazingly pulled in a good number of gold stars in expert vox this week...and I'm not a vocalist. I'm a drummer. lol

• I know I know, the song's not very difficult, but I haven't permanently moved to Expert yet and this was my first gold star on guitar :)
  • I got the 'checking setlist' error 3 times in a row during OLMP/SOMP with @joseph5185 and @razor63 -- wait that's not a cheevo...?!?! Sad. :disappointed:
  • Lord_GodotLord_Godot Unsigned

I was about to post my I Will Wait fc, but I somehow got this a few minutes ago, and by god I have no idea how I did it.
  • edited June 17
    Obviously I can't wait a week... but just did my first brutal song that wasn't on vox. 5*B with Bass on "Feel Invincible" by Skillet.
  • edited June 18

Obviously I can't wait a week... but just did my first brutal song that wasn't on vox. 5*B with Bass on "Feel Invincible" by Skillet.

You're way braver than I am lol even though I can get some easy Crimson Stars on vox I'm pretty sure I would fail hard at anything above tier 1/2 in guitar/bass (and anything period in drums)

On another note: I managed to surpass some vox scores of awesome folks ( @gaiacat and @daxx1970 ) and beat a bunch of personal records during this week's challenge!
    Also felt like I improved my drumming slightly (been nailing those drum rolls like a boss!)
    ...Although the vox scores I beat (as in, not my personal bests) could have been lowered scores from the update >.>'

Edit: Didn't stop me from taunting them lol