Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• Well okay there is kind of my crew making bloodstone....

And taunting a net of 30+ bassists while playing on Twitch (over 3 full combos expert).
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Oddly enough, my RB Victory For The Week is also making Bloodstone!
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I think I forgot that we made Bloodstone when I posted yesterday... >_<
  • Yeah, we made Bloodstone too! My crew was awesome as they played the hell out of the challenge - if it was a better challenge I'd have played a lot too, but as it stood I only did 25-26 plays.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    normally I'm a bassist but today I decided to play panama for the first time on guitar and ended up gold starring it.

yeah I still haven't played every on disc song on guitar yet. lol
  • tdc002 said:

I FC'd "Clocks" by Coldplay last night AND beat HMXOwl's score. B)

But did you taunt him too? XD
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Tyrus1235 said:

tdc002 said:

I FC'd "Clocks" by Coldplay last night AND beat HMXOwl's score. B)

But did you taunt him too? XD
    Of course.
  • edited August 17
    As irrelevant as skill numbers are, I just got the "hyper skilled player" award (850 skill on one instrument, i.e. Vox for me).

Though, expand that to (all global) top 500 vox disc songs score, top 500 All Songs Score, and a top 100 total vox stars earned and it's formidable.

(My bratty second GT/account, though, achieved the award on two instruments much, much earlier by virtue of only having played < 100 songs)
  • I thought it was me this whole time.

I rotated my cymbals and the impossible happened!

I played Everlong on expert Pro Drums and got 5 stars! Huge victory! I'll work on the GS next time it's in a challenge.

Next is Run to the Hills!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

Next is Run to the Hills!

The real RttH is so much easier than the AMFB version on drums!
  • LoopyChew said:

Which song were you actually trying to play?

+1 to you sir. 'twas the Jefferson Starship version.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    I had a goal to get 600 expert FCs. I've just hit 601! :smiley:
    Currently 69th out of about 40K!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    CAL022 said:

Currently 69th out of about 40K!

nice.
    CAL022 said:

I've just hit 601!

I mean, n01ce.
  • EvilMunkyEvilMunky Unsigned
    Welp, looks like this'll be my last victory post for a couple weeks, so here goes.

Got my Vox skill back to 900 after "Deep Cuts" sliced me back to 895, so hoo ray on that!

Landed an expert guitar FC on "China Cat Sunflower." Just a random play with a crewmate. Not insane really, but just the right kind of crazy for me .... slow crazy, lol. By the end of 2nd solo I had all kinds of adrenaline/nervous butterflies pumping, was exciting! Haha.

After months of attempts, and convincing a crewmate to buy the song so I could play it online, I finally nailed "Take Me to Church" on expert vocals. @AndyTheIndigoer this was also my first Devil-Tier FC (on any instrument), so cheers dude!

Over the next couple weeks my Rock Band Victory will be getting moved and settled so I can just play again. I'm fortunate my crew has a "Life B4 RockBand" policy, so they'll be covering me in the new season until I get up and running.

Until then, Good Luck to everyone participating in Season 2!

I got my 2000th vox fc this week. I'd said that's my personal victory.

I have a legitimate question for you: How the f**k did you manage it?
  • razor63 said:

Indeed! I've been adding songs like crazy on my Spotify library and it's still around 1200 songs - most of those not very likely to be on Rock Band at all - so it just boggles my mind how you manage to not only *know* 2000 songs, but have them all in your Rock Band game and then FC all of them! For me to FC a vox song I have to either know it quite well or have it be a (somewhat) easy song. There are songs I barely know but can manage a FC but others I love to death (like Spaceman or Smooth) that I struggle to get 5 stars on it.
    Tyrus1235 said:

razor63 said:

Indeed! I've been adding songs like crazy on my Spotify library and it's still around 1200 songs - most of those not very likely to be on Rock Band at all - so it just boggles my mind how you manage to not only *know* 2000 songs, but have them all in your Rock Band game and then FC all of them! For me to FC a vox song I have to either know it quite well or have it be a (somewhat) easy song. There are songs I barely know but can manage a FC but others I love to death (like Spaceman or Smooth) that I struggle to get 5 stars on it.
    I have 400 FCs myself (including for some songs I'd never heard before playing), but I maintain a digital library of ~8000 songs, which I've heard a good amount of, heh. It's still mind blowing to try and visualize FC'ing 2000 songs, heh.

razor63 said:

I have been playing Rock Band since day 1, and have been adding dlc since the very beginning, so the library is quite large by this time. It's quite funny, but there are songs I haven't sang since the early days of Rock Band 2 that I still remember how it goes(like I get by).

I have been singing since I was little, in many Choirs and such, so singing is easier for me than others I guess. So it's a matter of knowing a little music theory and an ability to follow tubes that gets me the quick fc's on songs I'm not familiar with. The songs I have the most trouble with are the ones that don't follow a logical sense for note progression (A lot of indie bands especially from Boston trip me up).

I never would have gotten there if rivals didn't exist. My desire to maximize points with my ability to quickly get fc's made me fc every song available during that specific challenge. I had about 100 to go between season 1 and the start today, so I just went ahead and got a quick 100 to get to 2000.

Well, my hat's off to you, Ser. It's an incredible achievement, heh.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    I hit the 2,000 song library milestone some weeks back.
    Sorry...it was delayed.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Just got the Taunted III mission, for taunting a friend 50 times after a song.

...Sorry 'bout that, @LiveHomeVideo. I had to do it.
  • I managed to beat my old guitar high score on Where the Streets Have No Name with a RB guitar. For many years I chose GH guitars over RB guitars because of what I thought back then to be a better strum bar. Over the past 7 months of the Rivals Jaguar being my only fully working guitar for music games I've realized neither is better, you just need to practice to get used to the other style.
  • I finally got a Vocal skill rating of 1000 on X-Bone (QuantumHandsome).

I finally got a Vocal skill rating of 1000 on X-Bone (QuantumHandsome).

I remember passing you once on all songs scores iirc (ExiledChaos90 here), and then everytime I looked at the leaderboards, you'd made the gap larger and larger. Impressively so. So here's the question I asked the other 1000 rated vocalist I saw of late: How the f**k did you do it?
  • razor63 said:

I finally got a Vocal skill rating of 1000 on X-Bone (QuantumHandsome).

I remember passing you once on all songs scores iirc (ExiledChaos90 here), and then everytime I looked at the leaderboards, you'd made the gap larger and larger. Impressively so. So here's the question I asked the other 1000 rated vocalist I saw of late: How the f**k did you do it?
    There's only one way -- you need to GS everything you've ever sang.