Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• Official victory, got my 5*X on Squeal Invincible vox, overcoming my ill-conceived 5*H score... and accidentally taunted one of my top vox crewmates... :-\
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act

Official victory, got my 5*X on Squeal Invincible vox, overcoming my ill-conceived 5*H score... and accidentally taunted one of my top vox crewmates... :-\

I hit "disagree" on your post because I'm not buying that "accidentally" stuff!
    well in his defense, he probably has a big thumb, and hit the x button right before hitting the A button, thus accidentally taunting. :)
  • edited February 1

I hit "disagree" on your post because I'm not buying that "accidentally" stuff!
    well in his defense, he probably has a big thumb, and hit the x button right before hitting the A button, thus accidentally taunting. :)

More a ham-fisted klutzy thumb that can cause a Jag to turn off its own console by accident, but close enough!
  • KidSleez said:

Can we please just gloss over the fact that this song is super easy and note that this is my first ever GSFC? :)

As a Weezer fan I know, it was my first ever as well. I only have a few others.
  • On pro expert drums I managed to gold star "Another Way to Die" (this was hard because I only have one bass pedal) and finally 5 star "Dream Genie" which brought my skill up to 998. That makes it so I only have a dozen or so songs left to gold star and only one song left to 5 star (WaHNtHaC). : D
  • Just passed 1200 gold star songs on bass (out of 1520) and up to 686 FCs... not sure of the exact amount earned during this challenge, but I think I was around 630 or so going in... so 50ish? Had probably my 2 best days ever of playing Sunday-Monday to account for many of those.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I guess this was my rock band victory for the week from Saturday night and should go here instead of the unrelated picture thread.

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

• Jadiou said:

This was so annoying and I’m happy I finally got the gold stars on it.

Dude. How? As a fairly competent guitarist, I can't even 5-star that thing.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    edited February 14

Jadiou said:

I got really annoyed that I only was able to get 4 stars on it (and why is only 3 dot difficulty??) so I decided to take it to practice mode. Soon I realized I would probably have to tap that main "riff". I took the "Verse 1B" section to practice mode and practiced tapping the orange notes (on my strum hand) until I learned that. After that it took 3 mornings (roughly 7 hours total) to get the gold stars. Every time I did well on the riff I messed up the trill lanes and vice versa. But eventually I got it.

Edit: I'll point out that before this I had never tapped and was not going to bother even trying it.
  • Jadiou said:

Jadiou said:

I got really annoyed that I only was able to get 4 stars on it (and why is only 3 dot difficulty??) so I decided to take it to practice mode. Soon I realized I would probably have to tap that main "riff". I took the "Verse 1B" section to practice mode and practiced tapping the orange notes (on my strum hand) until I learned that. After that it took 3 mornings (roughly 7 hours total) to get the gold stars. Every time I did well on the riff I messed up the trill lanes and vice versa. But eventually I got it.

Edit: I'll point out that before this I had never tapped and was not going to bother even trying it.
    We are very much in the same boat. So tap the orange with strum hand eh? Guess we're gonna L2tap soon. Thanks guy!
  • edited February 17
    Two victories in an early challenge start, but they're almost identical...
    • Vox Expert Full Combo on "Otherside" by RHCP, beating at least 5 1000-rated vocalists at the last phrase. Bonus: Sang the entire thing in a highly insulting parody version.
    • Vox GS on "Mother Mother" (challenge song), putting in a temporary 90% diamond score for the crew. Bonus: Sang the verses in an extremely obscene parody version that I won't be posting publicly.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned

Two victories in an early challenge start, but they're almost identical...

• Vox Expert Full Combo on "Otherside" by RHCP, beating at least 5 1000-rated vocalists at the last phrase. Bonus: Sang the entire thing in a highly insulting parody version.
    • Vox GS on "Mother Mother" (challenge song), putting in a temporary 90% diamond score for the crew. Bonus: Sang the verses in an extremely obscene parody version that I won't be posting publicly.
    That Mother Mother parody better make its way to the Hangout...
  • Finally, I’ve FC’d my sitcom arch-nemesis (Cold Clear Light gave me a lot of trouble since the C Challenge). Now I’ve FC’d the entire RB4 On-Disc Soundtrack. :smile:

(Continued on next post)