Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• Sightread full combo on a song I'm not even entirely sure I'd heard all the way through before.

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Where is the "Hoe-Leeee eff-bomb!" reaction button for this? Nice job. I had to play it on Hard, but the Hard chart was really fun to me.

My god.

First one to FC this on pro drums, to boot!

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Where is the "Hoe-Leeee eff-bomb!" reaction button for this? Nice job. I had to play it on Hard, but the Hard chart was really fun to me.

My god.

First one to FC this on pro drums, to boot!

Seriously. I tried it and noped out after a few bars.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Haha, thanks! Yeah, this was one of those songs I genuinely did not think I could FC when I first played through the chart. But then again, if I can FC "Two Princes" and "These Hands" on drums then I must have a knack for these really off-kilter drum charts. Somehow, it took me less than 10 tries before I finally fell into the groove of it and before I knew it I was faced with that 100% screen.

I don't know, I guess it helps that I've been playing RB for close to 9 years at this point and drums are my favorite instrument. Rock Band also has the distinction of inspiring me to take on playing drums in real life, so that should count for something.
  • Je viens de recevoir un combo complet de "New Wave" de Pleymo à la guitare, niveau expert~

(Google translate and panic about Countdown To Insanity getting delisted ftw)

• After several tries for the past few years, I’m glad I’ve gotten this FC on Vocals. :)
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    edited May 11
    Gold starred Pull Me Under this morning (didn't take a pic of it though) at 96%, kinda suprised i got it but still... Yay!

Edit : Ok forget about Pull me Under, i just did this!
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    Wildcat15 said:

Got the achievement "All You Need is Love" (five stars on everything) in the Beatles Rock Band.

Awesome Wildcat15! That's a good idea, I need to hook up the 360 and play Beatles RB through as it has been a few years.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 11
    Got the gold star with the on second to last note on "Lively Up Yourself" by Bob Marley on guitar. It's got a weird chart. Have all gold stars on all his songs on Guitar finally.
  • dllewel said:

Wildcat15 said:

Got the achievement "All You Need is Love" (five stars on everything) in the Beatles Rock Band.

Awesome Wildcat15! That's a good idea, I need to hook up the 360 and play Beatles RB through as it has been a few years.
    Also I got a guitar FC on The End for the achievement, but then I realized it had to be done on the single song, not on the extended version.

I don't know if I can do it again. RIP my achievement.
  • Wildcat15 said:

dllewel said:

Wildcat15 said:

Also I got a guitar FC on The End for the achievement, but then I realized it had to be done on the single song, not on the extended version.

Makes me think of how close I've gotten to getting 100% in the solo for The Final Countdown and how it would be meaningless anyway because you have to play it in LRB for the achievement. Which is impossible because of no breakneck speed and my final last gen guitar died to Rivals grinding in January 2017.

Wildcat15 said:

dllewel said:

Wildcat15 said:

Makes me think of how close I've gotten to getting 100% in the solo for The Final Countdown and how it would be meaningless anyway because you have to play it in LRB for the achievement. Which is impossible because of no breakneck speed and my final last gen guitar died to Rivals grinding in January 2017.
    I know the feels in both of your cases.
    Getting "The End"'s drum solo trophy was so tedious and awful. My calibration in the band-centric and lego rock band game(s) was so off. I spent hours trying to fix it but it never was the "best it could be". Beatles was the closest though.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Got my 850th bass FC via Night Lies, which I finally managed to not choke on in the last 30 seconds of the song.
    90%'d and 5 Star'd Guns of Summer on guitar last night. Probably the best I've done on RB4 calibration. I could 92-95% the song on RB3 but between my hands getting older and slightly-off calibration I will take 90%.

Also 99%d I Heard It Through The Grapevine on guitar last night. Best i've done in awhile on that as well.

Both were so unexpected.
  • yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

So, I recently had to order a new RB guitar as the strum bar on my last one was starting to get spotty. At first, the new guitar didn't work and we almost gave up on it, but in a last-minute save, we were able to clean up the battery compartment and get it to work.

I tested it out on "Hour of Rats" (because everyone knows death metal is the ultimate guitar tester). Ever since this song came out in 2016, it has been the only song in my RB library with a score below 5 stars on any instrument. That changed today.

Now I'm pretty convinced this guitar is Jesus. It was resurrected, after all.

One might say it's your own personal Jesus.