Staind

nunant11nunant11 Unsigned
edited July 2008 in Rock Band
What are the chances that we will see more of Staind down the road? I would love to have some of their older stuff. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Comments

• rbwizardrbwizard Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Um..... How would we know?
  • reshterreshter Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I've heard nothing either, but I'd like to hear some of their older stuff too. Staind is one of my favorite bands.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited July 2008
    as long as it was off of dysfunction, i would buy it.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited July 2008
    Same as Mötley Crüe, Papa Roach, Trapt, and almost 20% of the entire DLC available right now: OLDER SONGS, not new, unknown and sucking ones.
  • RokkstarRokkstar Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I am disappointed in the Staind choice...
  • CantStopTheHoppCantStopTheHopp Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    I hope they put some more Staind on RB. Songs like "Mudshovel" and "Epiphany" would be great. Hoping I'll have enough money by the end of the week to finally get some more MS points so I can download "This Is It."
  • rc19189rc19189 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I really like Staind, but had to pass on "This is it". Just didn't like it. I'm with you for some older stuff. It has to warrant a 3-pack at least. *crosses fingers*
  • JediMasterDaveJediMasterDave Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I got this one to check out
    I havnt heard the new album but hope that they
    will have more of the old stuff on dlc now that they
    are in the game. Would like to see mudshovel
  • TthevoiceETthevoiceE Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    haha when i saw staind i was excited, when i saw it was a new single, i gave it a chance. and it failed.

most bands i wanna see newer stuff, but not staind... classics please, its been awhile, and mudshovel, are instant buys i dont care if the chart sucks or not.
  • ArchaicbereftArchaicbereft Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Transbrak;942020 said:
    QFTMFT

what a great album that was.
  • Moo CowMoo Cow Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Transbrak;942020 said:
    That's the only album I'd buy anything off of.

Anyway, I'd say the chance is about 0%. Like someone else mentioned in another post - it seems that the DLC is less Harmonix going and picking good songs by good bands, and more labels coming to Harmnix and getting them to put ****ty songs from ****ty or good bands so that they can advertise (and we pay for the advertisement, too).

In the case of Staind - it was a great band (I met my wife because of the Dysfunction album) who turned to **** - and the label threw on their new song to promote the new album.
  • kevmaster2000kevmaster2000 Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, any song from "Dysfunction" would be great. That is, in my opinion, THE nu-metal album to own. Hell, I'd be happy if it was a full-album download. I just wish their career hadn't taken such a downfall after that...
  • gunslinger95gunslinger95 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Moo Cow;944553 said:
    That's the only album I'd buy anything off of.

Anyway, I'd say the chance is about 0%. Like someone else mentioned in another post - it seems that the DLC is less Harmonix going and picking good songs by good bands, and more labels coming to Harmnix and getting them to put ****ty songs from ****ty or good bands so that they can advertise (and we pay for the advertisement, too).

In the case of Staind - it was a great band (I met my wife because of the Dysfunction album) who turned to **** - and the label threw on their new song to promote the new album.
    Bingo. The DCL process for some of these bands is turning into advertising of new albums/singles and that's it. Look at Motley Crue - two songs of the new album and NONE of the classic tunes everyone wants...

Why not package one of the "new" songs with two older ones??? :mad:
  • Johnny WebbJohnny Webb Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I'd buy Break the Cycle, or maybe just the good half as a 6-song pack
  • LegolElfLegolElf Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    I'd buy pretty much any Staind, but preferably the older stuff. I like it all. I'm hoping we get some more Shinedown too.

The thing is with these games, is we want to play songs we KNOW on this game. Not "new" stuff by the same bands before it is evern released. Yes, it is cool in concept, but the whole point of playing RB or GH is to enjoy songs you "know" and "love" by heart... not try out new stuff because they want to see how it is.

I too second the idea of releasing any "new" songs or singles bundled in with 2 or 3 of the older hit songs by the same band. Make it a pack, and I'll buy the pack to get the old stuff and I got the new stuff too. Hopefully HMX will eventually use this model.
  • Caput MortisCaput Mortis Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Yup I would vote for older Staind stuff

When ever I think Staind Its Been a While and Price to Play spring immediately to mind and was suprised not to see them on the DLC list. Crawl and Spleen would also be fun

I was actually lucky enough to win an Ibanez guitar autographed by them back in 2003. I hadnt seen or heard anything much from them for a while and had assumed they had split........
  • cantcatchme1411cantcatchme1411 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Its all advertising... they dont need to promote the old albums.. everyone knows theyre awesome so promote the new stuff and make a profit off people looking for new music... just that music just turns out sucking pretty often.

no chance of getting older Staind

0% literally

^Also have a signed guitar by the band. Looks sharp too :)
  • Dagg21Dagg21 Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    we all want the old stuff but nobody would buy the new stuff if it was released along side 2 old classics I know I wouldnt. Not saying its right but thats the way I see it.