Rock Blog Tuesday 06/19/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
Read any neat magazine articles lately? Thursday night I went home thinking everything was fine, good, easy. Friday morning I wake up and the whole internet stopped by again. And so far the comments from all of you on here and elsewhere on the net have been overwhelmingly awesome. And I have noticed several of you on other boards doing the occasional rumor control about things like "official pricing" - you rule, thanks!

I'd like to address some stuff that has slowly crept onto the forums a tiny bit. I understand we all have differences, so do you - therefore hateful generalities won't fly. Let me explain- if you are posting something kindly refrain from making derogatory comments about race, creed, sexual orientation, or anything else along those lines. Not only is it needlessly hurtful but it makes the poster look like they have nothing of substance to say and can result in banning.

Now onto the fun. First off we have two awesome stories about last week's Harmonix Clambake on George's island from Sasquatch King and Heather. Unfortunately, we weren't kicked off the island this year due to rowdiness, but there's always next year. True story: I was playing some bocce near our tent and when I tossed the ball into the air a swallow flew right into it. Who knew a game for 80 year old cigar smokers could be so dangerous (the bird did eventually recover and fly away drunkenly)? Next up we have Canfield who challenges the status quo on their adherence to official lines of communication and problem solving. I smell a GDC speech!

Sasquatch King

Heather

Canfield

Comments

• edited June 2007
    can result in banning.
    result in banning.
    result banning.
    banning.
    Holy crap I think he's serious. MAN THE FORT! START SAYING HIS BEARD IS SEXXAY!

JK. Well at least the blogs are happening now. Did you update the FAQ?
  • edited June 2007
    Come on Sean, when are we going to get blogs about the game!
  • edited June 2007
    sushi111;5683 said:
    Come on Sean, when are we going to get blogs about the game!
    When all the info is out there. We still have a long way to go, yet, and with about 1.5-2 blogs per day we need to hold some stuff close to our chests.

And besides, who the heck even wants to hear about the new tracks we put in the game when I can tell you about accidentally hitting birds with bocce balls? That stuff is golden!
  • edited June 2007
    hmxsean;5684 said:
    When all the info is out there. We still have a long way to go, yet, and with about 1.5-2 blogs per day we need to hold some stuff close to our chests.

And besides, who the heck even wants to hear about the new tracks we put in the game when I can tell you about accidentally hitting birds with bocce balls? That stuff is golden!
    Good point.

But since when was Animal Cruelty so awesome?

When it's funny I guess.
  • EvilHerbEvilHerb Unsigned
    edited June 2007
    Not exactly MY kinda Clam Bake :D , but sounds like a good time none the less .
  • edited June 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;5685 said:

But since when was Animal Cruelty so awesome?
    He was fine, he got right up and flew away. I like to think he is blogging about it right now.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited June 2007
    What are the chances of that happening.. and yes i would like to know what new songs you guys put in the game :D
  • edited June 2007
    You would think that with the pictures of the Strat floating around, not to mention the scans of the Game Informer article in other places that people would be happy for a few days.

We've all got a wait until at least November, it's like knowing what all your Christmas presents are. Go drool over the Strat photos for a week or so, and let's try not to spoil every single aspect of the game already!!
  • BloodlustBloodlust Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    I have to say, Harmonix having humor is great. They really know how to entertain :p
  • BloodlustBloodlust Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;5677 said:
    Holy crap I think he's serious. MAN THE FORT! START SAYING HIS BEARD IS SEXXAY!

JK. Well at least the blogs are happening now. Did you update the FAQ?
    Holy crap, he's talking about me =O
  • dieseldiesel Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    this is like a kid with a pocket full of money, at a candy store that want open for 4 months:eek:
  • dieseldiesel Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    thats like a kid at a candy store that want open for 4 months
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;5690 said:
    He was fine, he got right up and flew away. I like to think he is blogging about it right now.
    Though he is probably reveling in heroic glory as he tells the story of how he narrowly escaped from a long & bloody battle to emerge victorious above his would be captors. But this espace was not without triumphant warfare as he dropped bombs on the enemies in his wake.