New Server

Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
edited June 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
OK, it's time to start raising money for a new server for the Rock Band website. This thing is dying under the load of a few dozen users. You're going to see simultaneous users in the thousands when we get close to launch date.

I think we should hit Alex Rigopulos up for money on this. I hear he's loaded.

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Agreed. It was all going well until ppl could submit songs via the front page, then it started slowing down a little. Now with the release of the GI article theres constantly more users on again. I'm dreading how it be in a couple of weeks time.

Hopefully A-Rig didn't spend all the server money on scorehero, lol
  • edited June 2007
    Electric_Zen said:
    OK, it's time to start raising money for a new server for the Rock Band website. This thing is dying under the load of a few dozen users. You're going to see simultaneous users in the thousands when we get close to launch date.

I think we should hit Alex Rigopulos up for money on this. I hear he's loaded.
    I couldn't agree more.
    sa_nick said:
    Agreed. It was all going well until ppl could submit songs via the front page, then it started slowing down a little. Now with the release of the GI article theres constantly more users on again. I'm dreading how it be in a couple of weeks time.
    It's almost unusable for me now. It takes a long time to check up on what has been happening and 90% of the time, the page is broken in one way or another. I've been finding reading as a guest helps the response time but not broken images (overloaded server).
    sa_nick said:
    Hopefully A-Rig didn't spend all the server money on scorehero, lol
    Ironic, isn't it? I hope the masses aren't laughing at hmx now with Scorehero.com running much faster, with hmx's help, but hmx's own site being much slower and very painful to surf.

Where's the cookie jar?
  • edited June 2007
    Yeah sorry 'bout that. Our new servers are coming soon and then we are putting them in a remote location with plenty of hot & cold running internet.
  • edited June 2007
    Thanks for the update Sean.

I saw your other reply in the Announcements forum which had more detail, in a non-technical sort of way, but I still read it :) I would have replied there as well but it took 248.517 seconds* to get this reply page to come up here. Doing it for the other topic would be self-induced trauma and I'm all out of aspirin.

*Firefox 2.0 has a plugin, Fasterfox, which times each page load.
  • benjaminbenjamin Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    Nothing helps time go faster then being able to painfully count, to the millisecond, how long it is taking.