Rock Blog 11/06/07 Cruising 1k per hour so everybody sees you.

edited November 2007 in Announcements
Hey all,

I'll keep this brief due to the incredible load times currently going (which we are trying to figure out what the hell is going on and promptly de-screw up.)

PHASE came out today! We have been working on this super secret game for a while. How secret? So secret that most of the people we work with had no idea it even existed. That is very secret. We have a new site up with forums for it over at www.phasegame.com which is/will be an excellent place to talk about the game and let people know which songs are amazing to play and which ones are just hilarious (I believe someone mentioned Garrison Keillor?)

So go here and sign up. Some of the Phase team will be over there and they are pretty qualified to answer your questions what with working on it for so long. Also they are awesome.

What else? Not much. Things are crazy. Gamehead was here yesterday, G4 today. We're totally wicked famous now. :cool:

BLOGS!

Canfield on accesibility.

Warburg's Battle of the Bands Power Rankings after Round 2. Seriously hilarious.

Comments

• TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    ....want to what?

Sounds like things are ramping up over there...can't wait, I think the next couple weeks are gonna be damn fun, if also excruciatingly long.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Congrats on phase. seems to be getting good praise on the web.
  • edited November 2007
    Joined forum, lolToasty is the name. :D
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Woah phase sounds really cool, I'll look into getting it if I ever get a newer ipod. Will it be available for the ipod touch eventually?

Good to see that you make sure us color blind folk can play the game with all the normal visioned people!

awesome blogs.

I also have to say the slow down in the forums is well worth it after seeing the new front page, they are awesome!
  • BakksterBakkster Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    hmxsean;104032 said:
    We have a new site up with forums for it over at www.phasegame.com which is/will be an excellent place to talk about the game and let people know which songs are amazing to play and which ones are just hilarious (I believe someone mentioned Garrison Keillor?)
    Ooh, that was me. Does that mean I win an iPod so I can buy the game? :D
  • edited November 2007
    Whenever anything goes wrong with our company website, I blame the database.

So if you have any databases lying around, I'd blame them first for the forum sluggishness. It's a proven successful formula. ;) :D
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited November 2007
    Wow Warburg, that was awesomely brutal.
  • borgasmborgasm Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    Hey maybe the super secret announcement 1up is going to get to make for winning the competition is an official statement about the release in Canada. That's about the only thing Harmonix seems completely unwilling to comment at all on... :)

Oh well at least it probably won't be as bad as europe!
  • onlyrobonlyrob Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    I think there are some glitches in the Phase program. I chose a song and difficulty, then the iPod totally shut itself down. It wouldn't boot back up until I tried recharging it via PC, recognizing it as a USB device (not an iPod) and then holding Menu + Center for 10 seconds (also known as manual restart).

I love the game otherwise, it's worth downloading and I recommend it to anyone who used to make their own music on Stepmania CVS, but that sudden shut down with no response was a little scary.