Why no Bush or Live?

JoshuaB81285JoshuaB81285 Road Warrior
edited August 2008 in Your Ultimate Setlist
You know, I was thinking since we're getting quite a bit of 90s bands in Rock Band 2 that haven't had DLC yet (Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Rage Against The Machine, etc.) Why no Bush or Live? I know Bush is broken up and Live hasn't had anything good since well...'The Distance To Here'; which was almost 10 years ago, but they would have some killer songs for Rock Band.

Some songs from Bush I would love to see:
Chemicals Between Us
Cold Contagious
Comedown
Everything Zen
Machinehead
Mouth
The People That We Love
Superman
Swallowed

Some songs from Live I would love to see:
All Over You
The Dolphin's Cry
I Alone
Lankini's Juice
Lightning Crashes
Pain Lies On The Riverside
Selling The Drama
We Deal In Dreams

Comments

• LockheedLockheed Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I just wanted to say I second his notion....
  • synA7XsynA7X Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Not a fan of either band but they both have a good song or two IMO...hope you get some soon
  • StahlbrandStahlbrand Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I wouldn't mind seeing at least one song from each band in a "90's also-rans" DLC package.

I would go with Bush - Everything Zen (heh, we had to call them Bush X here in Canada, don't ask) and Live - Lakini's Juice.
  • gunjagunja Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    JoshuaB81285;1002955 said:
    You know, I was thinking since we're getting quite a bit of 90s bands in Rock Band 2 that haven't had DLC yet (Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Rage Against The Machine, etc.) Why no Bush or Live? I know Bush is broken up and Live hasn't had anything good since well...'The Distance To Here'; which was almost 10 years ago, but they would have some killer songs for Rock Band.

Some songs from Bush I would love to see:
    Chemicals Between Us
    Cold Contagious
    Comedown
    Everything Zen
    Machinehead
    Mouth
    The People That We Love
    Superman
    Swallowed

Some songs from Live I would love to see:
    All Over You
    The Dolphin's Cry
    I Alone
    Lankini's Juice
    Lightning Crashes
    Pain Lies On The Riverside
    Selling The Drama
    We Deal In Dreams
    I've been asking for LIVE for a while now. Bush would be cool too.

I'd really like to see I Alone, White Discussion, Lakini's Juice or The Dolphins Cry from Live. Throwing Copper is one of my favorite albums of all time and is truly great from start to finish.
  • JoshuaB81285JoshuaB81285 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Indeed, "Throwing Copper" is one of the best albums I've ever heard start-to-finish.
  • crispymmcrispymm Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Always okay for more 80's 90's and early 2000's! These sound good.
  • gunjagunja Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Not enough love for bands like these. But I guess HMX can't please everyone!!!
  • leoj216leoj216 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I'm up for both.
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited August 2008
    I agree. Bush's Machinehead, Comedown, Glycerine, and Swallowed would be sweet. I like Live too and I probably know a lot of their stuff but I just don't remember the names. I do know Lightning Crashes, White, Discussion, Freaks, and Lakini's Juice and I like all of them. My parents own Throwing Copper, Secret Samadhi, and The Distance to Here and their prettty big fans. Anyway I agree Bush and Live would be great.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited August 2008
    There's a bunch of Live songs I would love to play! :mad:
  • HydrophobicfishHydrophobicfish Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Dang right, why is there no Bush!?
  • goduskogodusko Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Lakini's Juice DESERVES to be dlc.
  • LinkinPark1992LinkinPark1992 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Throwing Copper is a great album.....i dont think Lightning Crashes would be that great for Rock Band but i think it is an incredible song
  • bierfahtbierfaht Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    i'll take the first 2 Live albums

no to bush though. unless people really want Nirvana that bad that they would be ok with Bush
  • LektorfcLektorfc Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I would love to see both bands with any of those songs. and you do pose a good question. Where are these guys?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2008
    Bush is my favourite of the grunge bands
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I wonder if it's a Led Zeppelin for these two bands and they don't want outsiders going after their masters, or maybe just a lack of interest.

RB would be awesome with Bush and Live.
  • gunjagunja Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    LinkinPark1992;1007721 said:
    Throwing Copper is a great album.....i dont think Lightning Crashes would be that great for Rock Band but i think it is an incredible song
    Yeah, it's funny that their most popular song is probably one of the weakest on the album. The rest of Throwing Copper would be great for this game. I offered hmx a grand straight up to help master it. I love this album and would probably double or triple that offer if hmx would guarantee it.
  • csvdavies87csvdavies87 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Of all of those i'd take Everything Zen from Bush and I Alone from Live as my top picks... but i would pay 3 bucks a track for all of them.. they need to be a part of rock band
  • gunjagunja Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I'd take just about anything from either band.
  • BillLaurenBillLauren Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I would love to see Live in Rock Band. I seen them in concert and they were great.
  • gunjagunja Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I got word that Radioactive records says no way to anything they own from Live. The split with the band wasn't a good one apparently.

Still wouldn't mind some Bush though! Machinehead and Everything Zen would be alright.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited August 2008
    I'm with you on this one, would love to see some 90's Live and Bush songs.
  • joey_ramonejoey_ramone Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Something from Sixteen Stone would be grand.
  • gunjagunja Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Gotta keep the threads for good bands alive!! Come on HMX, bring us some good ole nineties music!
  • InB4LockInB4Lock Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Please please please. I have wnted some Bush since RB1 came out.