Rock Band DLC Statosphere 08/12/2008 Last week: New low.. ;( This week: NEW HIGH! ;)

MrStatoMrStato Opening Act
edited August 2008 in Rock Band
Rock Band DLC Statosphere - stats for ALL downloadable songs.

First things first: Cruefest Pack 02 has a respectable opening week with "Life is Beautiful" being well ahead of the other 2. What a rebound from last week though where Yomp set a new first week low with a mere 1,946 (even at $0.99). This week System of a Down's "Toxicity" sets the new first week HIGH record with 37,906, thats over 5k more than the previous record holder (Disturbed's "Inside the Fire"). In other news: B.Y.O.B. becomes the 2nd place first week song. Sheesh. Now it will be more interesting to see if these two songs have the same loooong tail that the Disturbed songs had. Someone was wondering why theres no lack of hard rock lately?

Songs with first week stats above 25,000:
1) System of a Down "Toxicity" - 37,906
2) System of a Down "B.Y.O.B." - 35,229
3) Disturbed "Inside the Fire" - 32,886 (originally $0.99)
4) Lynyrd Skynyrd "Simple Man" - 30,228
5) Disturbed "Indestructible" - 29,267 (originally $0.99)
6) Vesuvius "Promised Land" - 28,482 (FREE DOWNLOAD)
7) The Who "Baba O'Riley" - 27,116
8) The Police "Message in a Bottle" - 25,819

Comments

  • BelperBelper Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Wow!
    Very impressive debut for SoaD. #75 and #78 out of 186 in only 1 week.
  • brobotbrobot Sorbital, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate
    edited August 2008
    What else would expect with the amount of people that request system of a down all the time.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited August 2008
    Wow. I knew they'd do good, but I didn't think they'd do that good (and furthermore, that many people would pass them on guitar -- well, explains Toxicity over BYOB, at least).
  • edited August 2008
    brobot;1019973 said:
    What else would expect with the amount of people that request system of a down all the time.
    Exactly.

    I'm expecting high marks for Megadeth and Dream Theater for this same reason.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited August 2008
    I don't expect as good of numbers for Dream Theater... and I'm a huge fan!

    The thing is, Dream Theater is not a commercially successful band... heck, Pixies albums sell better. I could be surprised, mind you, but I doubt it...
  • Dagg21Dagg21 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Dream Theater wont come close to those numbers.
  • xenocide38xenocide38 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    SoaD is also publicly known beyond these forums. I've known about them for awhile but if it wasn't for Rock Band, I wouldn't have any idea who Dream Theater is.
  • Princeps32Princeps32 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    This forum wants dream theater and megadeath all the time, so those will do better than the other four tracks, but I think these insane SOAD numbers won't be matched for a very long time. It's a shame no one was keeping track of the starting numbers earlier, I wonder if even the Metallica tracks did this well in their first week.

    Also dang I didn't realize Life is Beautiful would be so popular either.
  • orionstarrorionstarr Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    It seems like dream theatre is going to be just as huge as system of down on here! a lot of fans i'm seeing.





    ----------------
    Now playing: Television - No Glamour For Willi
    via FoxyTunes
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    MrStato;1019962 said:
    Someone was wondering why theres no lack of hard rock lately?
    Who is that someone? Testament, Shinedown, Scars on Broadway, and even the Who can be considered hard rock.
  • ubwcoltubwcolt Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I think you missed the point, Fennz.
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    ubwcolt;1020114 said:
    I think you missed the point, Fennz.
    what's the point?

    EDIT: Ooops. I misread the post. "There's NO lack of hard rock." my bad.
  • HellishFiendHellishFiend Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Keep up the great work on the DLC stratosphere! I love stats!
  • zzledzzled Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    MrStato;1019962 said:
    Rock Band DLC Statosphere - stats for ALL downloadable songs.

    First things first: Cruefest Pack 02 has a respectable opening week with "Life is Beautiful" being well ahead of the other 2. What a rebound from last week though where Yomp set a new first week low with a mere 1,946 (even at $0.99). This week System of a Down's "Toxicity" sets the new first week HIGH record with 37,906, thats over 5k more than the previous record holder (Disturbed's "Inside the Fire"). In other news: B.Y.O.B. becomes the 2nd place first week song. Sheesh. Now it will be more interesting to see if these two songs have the same loooong tail that the Disturbed songs had. Someone was wondering why theres no lack of hard rock lately?

    Songs with first week stats above 25,000:
    1) System of a Down "Toxicity" - 37,906
    2) System of a Down "B.Y.O.B." - 35,229
    3) Disturbed "Inside the Fire" - 32,886 (originally $0.99)
    4) Lynyrd Skynyrd "Simple Man" - 30,228
    5) Disturbed "Indestructible" - 29,267 (originally $0.99)
    6) Vesuvius "Promised Land" - 28,482 (FREE DOWNLOAD)
    7) The Who "Baba O'Riley" - 27,116
    8) The Police "Message in a Bottle" - 25,819
    Thanks for compiling those numbers - pretty interesting statistics indeed. But looking at the site, those numbers only stretch back to releases since April right?

    Separately, I was just thinking that another interesting statistic would be number of weeks between DLC release and it reaching 100,000+ downloads. This would allow some level of comparability between the tracks with 100,000+ downloads.
  • HellishFiendHellishFiend Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    zzled;1020134 said:
    Separately, I was just thinking that another interesting statistic would be number of weeks between DLC release and it reaching 100,000+ downloads. This would allow some level of comparability between the tracks with 100,000+ downloads.
    "Weeks to 100k" does have a nice ring to it.
  • orionstarrorionstarr Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    How do you get those stats?





    ----------------
    Now playing: Foo Fighters - New Way Home
    via FoxyTunes
  • orionstarrorionstarr Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Disturbed is lower than I expected?!
    Looks like system of a down is tearing up the DLC charts.
  • Bang CamaroBang Camaro Banned
    edited August 2008
    So Simple Man is one of the best selling DLC songs, and yet we STILL get no Skynyrd??? That is bull****.
  • orionstarrorionstarr Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    If I could I'd buy every single song on DLC.
  • logicalnoiselogicalnoise Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Princeps32;1020084 said:
    This forum wants dream theater and megadeath all the time, so those will do better than the other four tracks, but I think these insane SOAD numbers won't be matched for a very long time. It's a shame no one was keeping track of the starting numbers earlier, I wonder if even the Metallica tracks did this well in their first week.

    Also dang I didn't realize Life is Beautiful would be so popular either.
    well I'm sure HMX knows buit wil they ever tell? I'm guessing only if billboard shows interest in including DLC as trackable digital downlaods.
  • Dartagnan64Dartagnan64 Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I'm impressed witht he SOAD numbers. I'm the only one of my friends that likes them (of course I'm 43 so I'm well outside their demographic).

    Life is Beautiful came as no shock since it was a pretty popular song on most rock stations over the spring time. That and the fact that its a great song on 3 instruments (vox, bass and lead guitar), means it should have staying power as well. Had a RB party last night with some friends and they wanted to play the song 3 times in one night, everyone enjoyed it a ton.
  • blackplastic22blackplastic22 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Dear god, The System of a Down songs beat the Disturbed songs at two dollars while disturbed was 1, and with no faulty promotional thing.
  • frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited August 2008
    I am really pleased that SoaD did well. They are my favorite band so I guess it is obvious that I would be happy.:)

    Thanks again MrStato for keeping up with the stats. I always look forward to seeing how everything ranks each week.
  • TheGodFather73TheGodFather73 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Bang Camaro;1020264 said:
    So Simple Man is one of the best selling DLC songs, and yet we STILL get no Skynyrd??? That is bull****.
    And Gimme Three Steps has been out since Jan 1, and it still hasn't broken 100k. What's your point exactly? I bought both tracks and like them, btw, I just don't understand your argument since there are several bands that have over 100k (and have had over 100k for a long time) that haven't gotten additional DLC yet.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Go, go, gadget Statosphere!

    That reminds me, I've been having so much fun playing Toxicity on drums this week, that I never got around to trying it on guitar. I'll have to get counted on next week's rankings!
  • mwlawmwlaw Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    SOAD doesn't surprise me - probably the two most popular songs from one of the most requested bands. If I had to guess I would say that this is the best first week for any two DLC songs YET, including the early stuff.

    Now if I could only beat B.Y.O.B....
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2008
    while SOTD doesn't amaze many people, it does me. It looked like sales were slowing down overall, so I am shocked that both songs were so popular. Even "life is Beautiful" had a great first week.

    Inside the Fire might be our next 100k song or it might be Interstate Love Song. They are both close and withing striking distance. The Disturbed song has only been out two months, however, while STP has been out since Jan.

    Looks like "popular" music is popular here as well.
  • KrakenhedsKrakenheds Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Just shows that if they put up songs that people have actually heard on the radio, they will sell well. I'm not even a huge SOAD fan but I know and like those two songs.
  • BAzombieBAzombie Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Always a good thing when we set new records with 1st week DLC sales. Lets HMX know that RB is still cash cow.:D

    One thing I just thought of though is that RB has been out longer now and the install base is growing. Having a larger gaming base for the DLC in Aug then in FEb. Not sure how this might get factored into your stats.


    Also, I owe Mr Stato, and the rest of the community a HUGE APOLOGY for last week. I was part of the reason why his thread got closed. I PM'd the mods trying to get your thread re posted with your original post but no luck.

    Again, sorry about your thread last week MR. Stato, and keep up the good work.
  • Highlandlassie1Highlandlassie1 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I had no idea the "Asylum rock genre" (SOAD) had so many fans.

    This music sounds like it was developed in an insane asylum.

    Never will get a dime from me.
Sign In or Register to comment.