Any Improvements for the Singers of RB2?

PlaceboHeadPlaceboHead Unsigned
edited August 2008 in Rock Band
I'm the Lead Singer for my RockBand. It's fun stuff. Every Friday and Saturday night I get a bunch of buddies over and jam out mainly just for kicks. Easy and Medium songs. I've been dubbed the Singer because everyone else is too shy to try...or have and looked like total tards. I do a decent job, but, was wondering if I was gonna get any help from Harmonex.
Is there gonna be any improvements for vocalist? Like Manual Vocal Disortions? My reasoning is that since we haven't seen the new mic is because it has buttons on it to change how the singer sounds. Echoes, "Spode-like" Effects, Trent Reznor on Burn, ect.
I don't mean to be spreading rumors or whatnot, however, I just wanted to know if the Vocalist and any improvements or lackthereof have been mentioned.

Comments

• LinkStrifeLeonhartLinkStrifeLeonhart Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Don't think so, or else it hasn't been stated. The buttons on the mic are just so you don't have a controller burn through batteries while singing AND to not have to use a silly controller to pick songs/difficulties.

Though I hear the talkies were fixed...

EDIT: Whoops, thought you were talking about the Mad Catz mic. We probably haven't seen the new mic because there isn't one.
  • RedundoRedundo Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Haven't heard of new mic.
  • memphusmemphus Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    The official mic is identical to the current one.

The Mad Catz mic has buttons so you don't need to have a controller with you.

There are no voice distortion effects on either mic, though that would be a neat feature to have.
  • Bang CamaroBang Camaro Banned
    edited August 2008
    I don't think there is a new mic.
  • pianoman3284pianoman3284 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I was wondering if there would be improvements on the vocals too. It would be neat to have a sort of "free style" mode, like drum fills, where you can improv or something, rather than be tied to strict pitch lines. As for the mic, I don't think there's anything different from the RB1 one. Is it even wireless?
  • SubtleScreamSubtleScream Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    pianoman3284;1047935 said:
    I was wondering if there would be improvements on the vocals too. It would be neat to have a sort of "free style" mode, like drum fills, where you can improv or something, rather than be tied to strict pitch lines. As for the mic, I don't think there's anything different from the RB1 one. Is it even wireless?
    They have these in Rock Band 1.
    They're called 'blank spaces'.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    pianoman3284;1047935 said:
    Blank spaces = drum fills in that they're only during certain parts of the songs.
    On the other hand, no-fail mode lets you sing whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want.

\/ NO FAIL MODE WILL HAVE THIS OPTION. :)

You can see and read the lyrics, and even the pitch bars, but since you won't fail, you can't have it cut short. You can even do this with a full band. No-Fail mode helps a lot.
  • tr1ppytr1ppy Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I was hoping that RB2 would have something like that "Drum Trainer" thingy. Like.. at least a mode setting in the options menu where you can read the lyrics of each song in the game just to help you memorize, that would've been nice.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited August 2008
    I don't really care about gimmick features like distortion effects. Like the guitar "wah-wah" effect, it's one of those things that would be fun to try the first time and then it would get annoying very quickly.

I just hope they add the ability to select song sections in practice mode and live up to their promise of fixing the talky parts.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2008
    trg007;1048053 said:
    I don't really care about gimmick features like distortion effects. Like the guitar "wah-wah" effect, it's one of those things that would be fun to try the first time and then it would get annoying very quickly.

I just hope they add the ability to select song sections in practice mode and live up to their promise of fixing the talky parts.
    thisthisthis
  • MistressDMistressD Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    trg007;1048053 said:

Exactly, especially selections in practice, it's hard to just concentrate on the lines you're having trouble with when you have to sing the entire track over and over.
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited August 2008
    MistressD;1049765 said:
    Exactly, especially selections in practice, it's hard to just concentrate on the lines you're having trouble with when you have to sing the entire track over and over.
    Exactly. I'd have more perfect scores if I could practice and figure out what the game wants from me on certain lines and talkies. Nothing worse for a Vocalist than getting a line that gives you trouble near the end of a song.