Rock Blog Friday 06/22/07

edited June 2007 in Announcements
The weather has been...weird. Beautiful sunny skies soon running with dark black clouds bringing sudden almost hurricane gusts of wind and brief sheets of rain that cause sudden flooding then everything flies away and 7 minutes later it is sunny. I was heading to the hardware store to go get some keys bade and one of those umbrellas that Au Bon Pain has on its outdoor tables flew across the street metal pole first and slammed into a window. No one was hurt, but it was crazy, I felt like I was in that movie Twister.

Now today we have two blogs. One of them, as of this posting, has yet to be put up but I've read it already and it is good and clears up the whole "Rock Band or RockBand" nontroversey once and for all as well as talks a bit about the drums being a line. That one is by Dan (SpraynWipe) and should be up by this evening. Look for it in the Blogs section. The other one is the second advice (sort of) column by Naoko. She answers questions from you guys about a wide variety of topics from the actual meaning of "Dreadlock Holiday" to fights between animals who could never meet in the wild.

Naoko

DanT (SpraynWipe)

Comments

• edited June 2007
    I haven't read the blog, but I have a feeling it's Rock Band, based off GI.

Love reading the Rock Blogs. I'm also watching School of Rock. :b

z0MG, you weren't kidding about the drums thing. I may be in love with Harmonix...

SLEEP WITH ME NAO.
  • edited June 2007
    I'm still waiting to see if it's Rock Band or RockBand!

Personally, I opt for the later.. because take the store CheapSkates for example. By itself, it kind of registers in your brain subconsciously, but all you really think is "oh, that's that skate shop." BUT if you think of the store's name as in Cheap Skates comprised of two words, suddenly you're thinking of the phrase and how it'd fit into a sentence and before you know it you're saying, "wow, that's kinda lame.. 'hey look, we sell cheap skates.' Cheesy!"

So yeah, put that in your marketing department's pipe and smoke it.
  • edited June 2007
    Brock_Landers;6498 said:
    I'm still waiting to see if it's Rock Band or RockBand!

Personally, I opt for the later.. because take the store CheapSkates for example. By itself, it kind of registers in your brain subconsciously, but all you really think is "oh, that's that skate shop." BUT if you think of the store's name as in Cheap Skates comprised of two words, suddenly you're thinking of the phrase and how it'd fit into a sentence and before you know it you're saying, "wow, that's kinda lame.. 'hey look, we sell cheap skates.' Cheesy!"

So yeah, put that in your marketing department's pipe and smoke it.
    You haven't seen it, or you have seen it?

http://www.rockband.com/index.php?do=/public/blog/view/id_257/
  • edited June 2007
    Oh, weaksauce! I kept coming back here to check since Sean gave me his personal gaurantee of promised gratification that he'd add a link when it's up. What a phoney.. how can I trust anything he says, now? I used to believe that RockBand--sorry, Rock Band--would be the most awesome game out; now I don't know--hell, I don't even know if this whole thing about being able to play the drums or sing is something I can believe...

It's like my entire world has come crashing down ever since Sean singled me out and maliciously denied me a url tag in bbcode. What have I ever done to be the subject of such hatred, I ask?

/suicide +on
  • edited June 2007
    Brock_Landers;6527 said:
    Oh, weaksauce! I kept coming back here to check since Sean gave me his personal gaurantee of promised gratification that he'd add a link when it's up. What a phoney.. how can I trust anything he says, now? I used to believe that RockBand--sorry, Rock Band--would be the most awesome game out; now I don't know--hell, I don't even know if this whole thing about being able to play the drums or sing is something I can believe...

It's like my entire world has come crashing down ever since Sean singled me out and maliciously denied me a url tag in bbcode. What have I ever done to be the subject of such hatred, I ask?

/suicide +on
    But Sean also said "Look for it in the Blogs section." You just lazy. It was like in there right when this was posted.

Don't blame the beard.
  • edited June 2007
    The beard is what's the problem, though! I mean you have to ask yourself, what's he got to hide? Why else would he cover up his face with such a suspicious mound of hair unless he can't be trusted.

A moustache would be one thing. But a full on beard? That just begs for an investigation.
  • edited June 2007
    Actually I have cut off my mustache and now am baby faced. It will come back when it isn't 800 degrees out. Also, I updated the blog post, WOO! Rock Band!
  • edited June 2007
    Brock_Landers;6556 said:
    The beard is what's the problem, though! I mean you have to ask yourself, what's he got to hide?
    I heard that Sean doesn't have a chin under his beard, just another fist...
This discussion has been closed.