HMX On The Road Blog- 8.22.08 (7:15 AM EST)

HMXJohnDHMXJohnD Harmonix Developer & One Man Dance Party
edited August 2008 in Announcements
Hey Guys:

I'm on day 11 of a 40 day road trip promoting RB2, and thought I might document some of the insanity that's taking place. Currently, we're over in Leipzig Germany for the Games Convention. I'm hoping to keep updating on the course of this trip to give you some anecdotes (and I'm trying to post a video blog from our prior Las Vegas trip...stay tuned).

So anyway, yes: link to new blog!
http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/HMXJohnD/410850

Enjoy! (also there's a small note about the timing for our next 6 album announcement!)

ROCK!
JD

Comments

• FleshwoundFleshwound Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I pitty you. That's a long road trip. Good luck promoting RB2.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Album Announcements At The End Of The Month Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tomervo79tomervo79 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Woo, at least we'll all be complaining about how bad the new announcements will be in a week or so! :D
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited August 2008
    Yes! Six more albums! WOOOOO!!!!!

Come on, Iron Maiden!
  • BillHorrorBillHorror Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    after my last tip abroad, I quit getting ice in my sodas... hope you guys are having a good time.
  • kuiosiklekuiosikle Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Good luck on your remaining 29 fingers days! Keep those hands clean.
  • StLouisRibs7734StLouisRibs7734 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    wait... 6 in addition? i thought it was just 6! Yahoo!
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited August 2008
    Awesome. Thanks John. I'm really liking that a decent number of you at HMX are keeping blogs. Even if you talk about cooking like Sean does or what music you should listen to next like Johnlok does, it's all fun to read.

I thought Moving Pictures was one of the 6, so it's interesting hearing that it's not. Good deal. I suppose this means you're going to announce them sometime next week, then, since that's the last week of August.
  • ThadarThadar Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Can't wait to hear about the new albums and absolutely am stoked about Moving Pictures! Keep up the good work and thank you for maintaining a blog while you are on the road. It is much appreciated.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    On an intercontinental roadtrip promoting Rock Band 2... there are worse jobs out there :D
  • macman2288macman2288 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    "PS. For those of you that have been asking about more full albums, we’ll actually be announcing 6 MORE albums (in addition to Moving Pictures) before the end of the month."

Are you telling me you guys are going to put out 6 albums in one WEEK.. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE, i think my head would have exploded with 2 more albums before the end of the month but a whopping 6. there goes my first week of college. i was hoping to improve my GPA but i dont think that is possible now.
  • TorturasTorturas Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    macman2288;1073423 said:
    "PS. For those of you that have been asking about more full albums, we’ll actually be announcing 6 MORE albums (in addition to Moving Pictures) before the end of the month."

Are you telling me you guys are going to put out 6 albums in one WEEK.. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE, i think my head would have exploded with 2 more albums before the end of the month but a whopping 6. there goes my first week of college. i was hoping to improve my GPA but i dont think that is possible now.
    No, I believe what they're saying is they're going to tell you what the next 6 albums are coming out down the line - 6 in one week would be quite intense.:D
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Can't wait for the new albums announcement.

I've traveled to Europe on business many times myself, and struggled with the same cold beverage issue you guys are dealing with now. I found myself hitting the hotel bar every day and requesting a bag of ice that I could use with some soft drinks in my room. Had to get that cold soda fix, you know!
  • EasilyAmusedEasilyAmused Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Torturas;1073441 said:
    No, I believe what they're saying is they're going to tell you what the next 6 albums are coming out down the line - 6 in one week would be quite intense.:D
    And possibly quite expensive. ;)
  • JJroosterJJrooster Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    No A/C and no ice is gross, but what is cool is 6 more albums on the way! Man, you guys are destroying the competition with a flood of DLC! I hope RB2 does big business for you guys and people can see that GH lost its soul long ago.
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Sounds like a blast! Hope you can keep cool.

The news about 6 MORE albums really excites me. In addition to Moving Pictures and the three we already have (Screaming for Vengeance, The Cars and Doolittle), that'll make 10 albums total this year. That's freaking epic. I just can't wait to find out what the next 6 are! Come on next week, get here faster!
  • ppetrovippetrovi Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I am not sure if we can assume that all 6 albums will be out before the end of the year. I am hoping they are.

Hoping two are AC/DC and the Nirvana we have been on the verge of getting for some time now.
    edited August 2008
    ppetrovi;1073612 said:
    I am not sure if we can assume that all 6 albums will be out before the end of the year.
    With 500 songs promised by the end of the year, I'm pretty sure we can assume that. ;)
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited August 2008
    dady5000;1073097 said:
    Album Announcements At The End Of The Month Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
    AWESOMEST news!!

I can wait like 9 days for that! :D :D
  • thetroutthetrout Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    pmpboarder;1073554 said:
    Sounds like a blast! Hope you can keep cool.

The news about 6 MORE albums really excites me. In addition to Moving Pictures and the three we already have (Screaming for Vengeance, The Cars and Doolittle), that'll make 10 albums total this year. That's freaking epic. I just can't wait to find out what the next 6 are! Come on next week, get here faster!

Technically, if you count Boston and Best of the Who, it's 12 albums for the year (one for every month, though I suppose it wasn't one PER month).
  • Lizard_KingLizard_King Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    cant wait for SIX new albums BESIDES moving pictures. heres hoping ill get my first full album download soon... i love moving pictures, but minus witch hunt and vital signs
  • Gatorguy91Gatorguy91 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    can you at least announce ONE today? Pretty please?
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Germany is a blast. Hit the beer halls!

He also mentions everyone's off today... which likely means no extra songs announcement at 2pm.

But man SIX MORE ALBUMS ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK.... wow!
  • sarjentsarjent Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I'm thinking one announcement today and one each day of the week next week would just blow my mind! c'mon, throw the bone!!
    edited August 2008
    thetrout;1073761 said:
    Technically, if you count Boston and Best of the Who, it's 12 albums for the year (one for every month, though I suppose it wasn't one PER month).
    Ooh, good point! Technicalities FTW! 12 albums in one year! :eek::cool:
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited August 2008
    An announcement about making an annoucement,well better than no announcement at least.
  • BAzombieBAzombie Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Well, today's announcement coming yesterday courteous of VH1, kinda forced HMX's hand.:rolleyes:

But 6 MORE ALBUMS being announced next week. PRICELESS.:D:eek::D
  • DeuceMRPDeuceMRP Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Rust in Peace please. kthx
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    All 6 albums are being announced the end of the month? That is epic.

I hope some of them suck, because I'm running out of money. :D
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Rod_Stixx;1073462 said:
    Can't wait for the new albums announcement.

I've traveled to Europe on business many times myself, and struggled with the same cold beverage issue you guys are dealing with now. I found myself hitting the hotel bar every day and requesting a bag of ice that I could use with some soft drinks in my room. Had to get that cold soda fix, you know!
    i keep forgeting that you call pop "soda" in the states. any time we cross the border and ask for some pop, they look at us for a sec confused before realizing what we mean.

ah the little differences between Canda and the States.